Will Florida cruises start back up in October?

58 minutes ago, momofmab said:

If you get to Walmart right when it opens and go directly to the cleaning aisle, you can sometimes get wipes.  Also try Home Depot & Lowes.

No cruises from the U.S. until Spring 2021 at the earliest, is my official guess.

Walmart's close🤔

If your now talking about cleaning supplies I have been getting stocked up at the chain drug stores.  Lysol spray has been on the shelves for the last 3 weeks.  They have a limit of one per person, but when you go a couple times a week, you get your one per person that day😁. I guess no one thinks to go there.

I am the neighborhood shopper and buy for the elderly couples that are afraid to go out due to health issues and the stores that deliver their food do not have supplies of these products.

I am not hoarding, but have a couple cans on the shelf.

Wallmart in our area has been wiped out (no pun intended) on lysol and other reputable cleaning supplies for months.  The only thing I get there is Liquid Dial soap to wash hands with.

I guess when and if we cruise again I will take my own cleaning spray and wipes.  I am sure Publix will not have what I need in Florida any time soon.

Edited by Lionesss

1 hour ago, bouhunter said:

I think it's funny you find it sad. 🙂

I think you are spending way to much time checking out solo bicyclist on deserted rural roads.   Ever think of taking up bird watching or collecting butterflies? 🙂

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

I think you are spending way to much time checking out solo bicyclist on deserted rural roads.   Ever think of taking up bird watching or collecting butterflies? 🙂

I can't help it, they ride by me every morning 🙂

Bird watching wouldn't be as good for exercise, but sounds peaceful and relaxing.☺️

• Like 3

10 hours ago, RETNAVY1996 said:

CVS behind the front counter has these types of things on and off.   

I am the shopper for 3 households due to covid and parents and in laws staying in.  I look for lysol or any disinfectant spray wherever I go.  I have always used lysol as  regular part of my cleaning and other than insane prices online no stores here in bucks county pa or at shore house in LBI NJ have had it.   Crazy!  Guess I should have bought stock in cleaning products!!  They must be booming.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am the shopper for 3 households due to covid and parents and in laws staying in.  I look for lysol or any disinfectant spray wherever I go.  I have always used lysol as  regular part of my cleaning and other than insane prices online no stores here in bucks county pa or at shore house in LBI NJ have had it.   Crazy!  Guess I should have bought stock in cleaning products!!  They must be booming.

At this point I don't understand the obsession with disinfectants inside ones home - people are catching this mainly through the air - not on contaminated surfaces.  Just wash your hands.  

Anyone ever read the directions on the back of Lysol ?  Bet 99% of this country doesn't know they are using it wrong 🤣

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2020 at 4:58 PM, Jimbo said:

No  more cruises in 2020. Last ship has sailed for this year back in March from Florida

I agree no more cruises from Florida for 2020. I think first quarter 2021 is in jeopardy too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oxo said:

Better safe than sorry.  Just think of all the money wer are saving. For What???

Write a check and take it with you. 

SS_20200721_130944.jpg

I'm surely not saving it, at least most of it. We bought a new car, a new a/c, and an investment in our grandson's college fund.

The last one gave us more self satisfaction than any cruise could. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I'm surely not saving it, at least most of it. We bought a new car, a new a/c, and an investment in our grandson's college fund.

The last one gave us more self satisfaction than any cruise could. 

Congratulations to you! So, this shutdown has benefited you and your family. 

Stay Safe! 

21 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

At this point I don't understand the obsession with disinfectants inside ones home - people are catching this mainly through the air - not on contaminated surfaces.  Just wash your hands.  

Agreed, my wife and I have talked about this, there really is no reason to horde Lysol in your home. As long as you wash your hands when you get in and keep your house a reasonable level of cleanliness that should be sufficient.  

• Like 1