If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

15 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

Common sense would go a lot further than kindness.  

I agree common sense is important. Just don’t see much of it here. Opinions based on baseless facts and not listening and learning from experience is lacking. Those of us on the front lines are growing weary. 

• Like 3

All mindless twaddleing aside, we are scheduled to participate in the vaccination process later this month, and yes we would get shot-up even if not required by the cruise lines. Despite total incompetence and lack of direction on the state and federal levels, the county in which we dwell will do just fine.

Thank goodness the winds of change draw nigh. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

A couple of things... Capacity is number of riders on a chair lift and doesn't allow for the fact that there are multiple trips up per hour by the same rider.  You math is completely spurious.  

Also, my analogy had nothing to do with novice skiers on the magic carpet, novice Tbar or intermediate groomed runs plodding up and down the hill which make up the vast majority of the 23,000 chairlift riders per hour.  I said I had a greater risk of dying.  I don't ski like or on the same terrain as all the 23,000 riders per hour at Mt Tremblant. I accept that the risk that I take every single  time I strap on my skis is greater than my risk of dying from the virus.  I think everyone should make decisions based on what is acceptable risk for themselves.  

If you or anyone wants to wear fabric mask while driving alone in a car that is your right and I support fully you doing that. If a business wants to mandate mask wearing in their establishment that is their prerogative and I support that.  If you think, like was mandated in Manitoba, that the risk of catching the virus because of purchasing Christmas themed boots was unacceptable but the risk of purchasing plain black ones were not a risk, I support your right to not buy Christmas themed boots to preserve you health and mental wellbeing.  However, everyone should be given the right to choose their own level of risk.

This is why you are still one of my favorite posters of all time.  Well at least the 20 years I have been posting at CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

All mindless twaddleing aside, we are scheduled to participate in the vaccination process later this month, and yes we would get shot-up even if not required by the cruise lines. Despite total incompetence and lack of direction on the state and federal levels, the county in which we dwell will do just fine.

I am afraid to think what you think of as winds of change

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

This is why you are still one of my favorite posters of all time.  Well at least the 20 years I have been posting at CC

And the other top 20 are....?..

Nevermind, I just want my number.😇

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

For the twaddlers, who describe the incompetence, IMO we are very, very lucky people.

Vaccine.JPG.5da1e180df8be6a8fdfa480fabb2f5f6.JPG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

No more no less than any other thread on CC anytime CV19 is mentioned. You have the one side living in constant fear and doom/gloom and another side trying to make the best of a crappy situation. 

Here's the exact quote I questioned...

"Why are they letting these criminals out of jail?"

This is simply an attempt to deflect the conversation from real issues.

3 hours ago, cruising sister said:

I agree common sense is important. Just don’t see much of it here. Opinions based on baseless facts and not listening and learning from experience is lacking. Those of us on the front lines are growing weary. 

2 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I thought that was me. 😂😂😂

3 hours ago, molly361 said:

Question is the number of people with COVID in the US mean 20,500,000 DIFFERENT people?  Or if someone gets tested positive 5 times are they counted 5 times in that total number?

It's 20,500,000 different people.  One person testing positive 5 times counts as 1.

8 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So it’s just your opinion....  got it. 

My opinion, I don’t know.  I sure wouldn’t trust a Pharmacist for medical opinions.  My opinion. 

M8

Well that's who I call normally at work with questions about drug reactions and interactions when any of my clients or patients get a new prescription and they are the ones giving the vaccines in my area.  I do call Dr's also especially if I have a question about an order because that's who changes it if needed.  On another note, in my area it looks like riteaid, soon CVS, shop rite, a local university will be handing the 1A's and then 1Bs next so quite a few pharmacists will be giving vaccine. It was easy for me to make an appointment and there were a lot of time frames open which is sad because one would think people would want the vaccine.  

Edited by jean87510

10 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Well that's who I call normally at work with questions about drug reactions and interactions when any of my clients or patients get a new prescription and they are the ones giving the vaccines in my area.  I do call Dr's also especially if I have a question about an order because that's who changes it if needed.  On another note, in my area it looks like riteaid, soon CVS, shop rite, a local university will be handing the 1A's and then 1Bs next so quite a few pharmacists will be giving vaccine. It was easy for me to make an appointment and there were a lot of time frames open which is sad because one would think people would want the vaccine.  

I don’t really care who you use for your information. But to say a Pharmacist knows about the vaccine, and if someone has the vaccine, can or can not infect others. That’s the issue. You seem to opine that the Pharmacist told you it’s not possible after the vaccine is given, for that person to infect others. It may ultimately be true, but at this time, I’m just not sure and I wouldn’t think the Pharmacist knows either. 

M8

• Like 3

This is from the article link I posted earlier.

NJ 

3. WILL YOU BE TRULY “PROTECTED” FROM COVID-19?

The official guidance clearly states that individuals may not be protected until at least 7 days after their second dose of the vaccine. This fact has again been ignored by various reckless pro-vax media campaigns where powerful elites such as Tony Blair have contradicted this specific recommendation, suggesting recently in an interview that people should only be given a single dose of any vaccine. Mr Blair told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that “Does the first dose give you substantial immunity, and by that I mean over 50 percent effectiveness? If it does, there is a very strong case for not, as it were, holding back doses of the vaccine.” Blair, writing in the Independent, stated that the current vaccination strategy needed to be “altered and radically accelerated”. In responding to Blair’s call for radical acceleration, Professor Wendy Barclay, chair of virology at Imperial College London and member of the UK government’s NERVTAG, said: “I think that the issue with [Mr Blair’s suggestion] is that the vaccine is on the basis of being given in two doses, and the efficacy is on that basis.” Barclay went on to point out that “To change at that point, one would have to see a lot more analysis coming out from perhaps the clinical trial data.”

It is very important to pay attention to the wording of Reg 174 because the Pfizer vaccine purportedly boosts the immune system, rather than stopping the transmission of the virus. This would suggest that you will not be fully “protected” from COVID-19 and that you will still be able to catch the virus and could still suffer complications. The official guidance also states that “Immunocompromised persons, including individuals receiving immunosuppressant therapy, may have a diminished immune response to the vaccine,” with the guidance admitting “No data are available about concomitant use of Immunosuppressants.”

Reg 174 goes on to make this most pertinent of points when it states:  “As with any vaccine, vaccination with COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 may not protect all vaccine recipients.” The guidance also states clearly that “administration of COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 should be postponed in individuals suffering from acute severe febrile illness and that individuals receiving anticoagulant therapy or those with a bleeding disorder that would contraindicate intramuscular injection, should not be given the vaccine unless the potential benefit clearly outweighs the risk.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

This would suggest that you will not be fully “protected” from COVID-19 and that you will still be able to catch the virus and could still suffer complications

This would seem to indicate that those who have been vaccinated, can possibly still infect others. 

M8

• Like 3

2. THE OFFICIAL PHASE III SAFETY TRIALS WILL NOT BE COMPLETED UNTIL 2023

Section 1 of the medical guidance clearly states that this vaccine guidance refers specifically to the “Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 mRNA Vaccine BNT162b2 concentrate for solution for injection.” On 2 December 2020, the MHRA became the first medicines regulator in history to approve an mRNA vaccine for human use, granting emergency authorisation for BioNTech and Pfizer’s BNT162b2 COVID-19 vaccine for widespread use only a week after its first Phase III eight-week trial had finished. However, the Phase III trials for BNT162b2 will not actually be fully completed until January 2023 meaning that, if you’re ready to take the vaccine now, then you should be informed that the safety trials for these experimental vaccines have at least two more years before the results are in. Regardless of that fact, Raine told reporters “no corners have been cut in approving it” and that “the benefits outweigh any risk”.

10 hours ago, jean87510 said:

why dont you read what I originally responded to before you attack?  And research what vaccines are supposed to do in general.  What risky behavior did I state I was doing?  I get a vaccine?  I have to be careful this month NOT to get covid bsfore my 2nd dose as the pharmacist told me?  

I did read what you had responded to. The fact that you think you can’t pass on the virus after you have been vaccinated is just, well I won’t say. No one knows for sure if it can still be passed on to others so I don’t know why you state it as if it’s a fact. There are no facts regarding this yet.

The risky behavior I was referring to was you going to the Bahamas a month ago. I don’t care what kind of mask you were wearing when doing so. There is still a greater chance of you getting it than if you had just vacationed locally without flying. Good thing you only got sick from the mold since the Bahamas have a very high level of COVID. 

32 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t really care who you use for your information. But to say a Pharmacist knows about the vaccine, and if someone has the vaccine, can or can not infect others. That’s the issue. You seem to opine that the Pharmacist told you it’s not possible after the vaccine is given, for that person to infect others. It may ultimately be true, but at this time, I’m just not sure and I wouldn’t think the Pharmacist knows either. 

M8

👍🏻

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

One day we'll down a pint together on board and you can school me on Floriding.

Also, the Lewis quote in your signature has probably never had more meaning than it does now.  I copied it and texted it out to many friends this afternoon.

Edited by Tree_skier
adding some more
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Also, the Lewis quote in your signature has probably never had more meaning than it does now.  I copied it and texted it out to many friends this afternoon.

I agree a most appropriate quote.

• Like 1