I am too IMPATIENT......BUT.....

I cancelled my cruise 10 days before RCI canceled, if only I had waited,  if only.  OK here is my problem . I want to rebook and I am not comfortable putting another $900  down for the new deposit  when I have a FCC of $900. waiting in the wings.  My TA said RCI is honoring the $900.00 for the new deposit but I have to have the new FCC voucher number. So I am waiting  3 + months for the  FCC number and the cost of the new cruise is almost  going up everyday.. Is waiting my fate or does someone have an idea  to help me??

To anyone that replies , thank you so much. 

The exact same thing happened to me with Celebrity last March and I was pretty angry because they changed the rules after final payment.   The number was automatic and it is there when I log into Celebrity.   I don't think it is the old booking number but you could try.   Why don't you ring RCCL and ask for it.   I am also not happy that I have to pay another deposit to use it and won't do that, but I guess I could ring Celebrity and ask about that.   I really don't want to book anything until the ships make a come back.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, New Mexico 8 said:

I cancelled my cruise 10 days before RCI canceled, if only I had waited,  if only.  OK here is my problem . I want to rebook and I am not comfortable putting another $900  down for the new deposit  when I have a FCC of $900. waiting in the wings.  My TA said RCI is honoring the $900.00 for the new deposit but I have to have the new FCC voucher number. So I am waiting  3 + months for the  FCC number and the cost of the new cruise is almost  going up everyday.. Is waiting my fate or does someone have an idea  to help me??

Yes, feeling your pain...

Cancelled b3b Allure cruises on March 8th...under the CWC.

Still waiting on 3 FCC's. Told last week "You're in the queue".

We were told to just be more patient and wait.

To CoralC: We did ask our big box TA/Royal about our FCC voucher numbers because we'd like to use it...and they said: "We don't have the FCC's but we can apply them to any bookings now if you like".  We declined not to do this because it would just complicate things. Hope you are right about the booking numbers as voucher numbers. Thanks.

I think if you cancelled, that booking number goes away.  That's different from transferring that booking number to another cruise.  I recently cancelled a cruise and was issued two Certificate Numbers for $450 each for our $900 deposit.  I think your only recourse is to shell out the $900 or wait for the Certificate Numbers to be sent to you.  Ours were sent direct to us with copy to our TA.  

You might want to get your TA involved to see if they could expedite the process for you considering you will be using this right away for a future deposit.🍷 

Glad i didnt book anything this year , and i wont for a long time . 

It has to be smooth sailing with no restrictions before i consider another cruise .

I hate chasing people for refunds.They never do what they say they are going to do .

Good luck to all that need refunds .I hope you get resolution .

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I think the voucher number is just your old booking number. 

Not really - the vouchers all have the format of 1-followed by five or six letters; i.e 1-ABCDEF.

However, if you call RCL and give them the cancelled booking number and tell them you ant to use the FCCs from that booking in a new booking, they can make it happen.

Edited by orville99
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, New Mexico 8 said:

Your TA should call and get the info, its readily available for them, especially if they were the TA on the cancelled cruise !!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2020 at 2:25 PM, orville99 said:

Not really - the vouchers all have the format of 1-followed by five or six letters; i.e 1-ABCDEF.

However, if you call RCL and give them the cancelled booking number and tell them you ant to use the FCCs from that booking in a new booking, they can make it happen.

Our TA was out of the Office when we wanted to cancel our Nov transatlantic, so someone in their office cancelled it for us.  

Our TA is back this week, and I emailed asking if we should be getting a cancellation email from either her office or RCI, but she didn't respond with an answer to that, only saying that our cruise has been cancelled, and we should be getting our FCC in 30-45 days.  

Just to clarify, due to this pandemic, can my FCC be used as a deposit when I go to book a cruise?  TIA

ps:  our travel agent wasn't the most eager ta we've ever used...

My TA said RCI was honoring the FCC for a new deposit. She said they were requiring the port taxes and fees be payed when I book the new cruise. I have not booked  the new cruise yet  so I really hope that will happen ...who knows.... I don't want to pay the taxes  and fees now but that is what I was told.  

33 minutes ago, New Mexico 8 said:

My TA said RCI was honoring the FCC for a new deposit. She said they were requiring the port taxes and fees be payed when I book the new cruise. I have not booked  the new cruise yet  so I really hope that will happen ...who knows.... I don't want to pay the taxes  and fees now but that is what I was told.  

Royal is not requiring that port fees and taxes be paid until Final payment.  Just did one today for a client. 

12 minutes ago, New Mexico 8 said:

Really .... That is what my TA told me.. I guess I will call RCI  book,  then have  my TA pick it up.

Thank you

The rules changed about a month ago allowing the fCC to cover the deposit.  Your TA probably wasn't aware of the change. 

On 7/23/2020 at 2:18 PM, molly361 said:

I called Royal and gave them the booking number of the cancelled cruise and they gave me the certificate numbers

Royal told me that the cancelled cruise reservation number (booking) was all I needed for the FCC. They told me they would not be sending out confirmations for FCC. I think my new great TA said “he” could work with the reservation number to apply my FCC. 

M8

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Royal told me that the cancelled cruise reservation number (booking) was all I needed for the FCC. They told me they would not be sending out confirmations for FCC. I think my new great TA said “he” could work with the reservation number to apply my FCC. 

M8

I also have a great TA- small world 😇  I knew him before he got into the biz.  He's also a friend

Edited by molly361
  • Like 3

I agree that best practice is to call Royal.  They will help you even if you don’t have your FCC numbers yet.  We had to switch our fully paid (with FCC’s) spring break cruise a week later.  The price was higher, but the CS rep found our “leftovers” from the previous FCC’s with our booking number, so our cruise got fully paid.  

You really don’t need to wait until the FCC’s are sent to you.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I also have a great TA- small world 😇  I knew him before he got into the biz.  He's also a friend

Wish we could share “a friend’s” name on CC! 😂😇

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

It's funny, They issue all these FCC numbers yet anytime I call in the reps want the old reservation number and not the FCC number.  They can use the FCC number but it takes them longer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1