ALL ABOUT APEX.....

hcat

Hoping this thread will be a  continuing one that allows us to share tidbits and info about APEX.

We are booked on her for a short cruise in 2022, and  look forward to experiencing her first hand.( first time in a suite). 

Seems there will be lots of exciting features..some are like EDGE but  also new  changes... a bigger gym, new bar overlooking the Grand Plaza, new shows, new menu for EDEN restaurant.... and all new art! 

This Cruise Critic article ( see link)  is an  enterainment overview:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/entertainment/apex

1 hour ago, bama4cruisin said:

hcat, thank you for this thread!  We're booked on the October 2021 TA after lifting and shifting from this year's TA.   We've not sailed on Edge, so I am looking forward to this cruise!  

We couldn’t lift & shift because there are no sky suites available for the Oct 21 T/A! We are thinking of the May 21 TA but I’m not sure they will even sail her over at this point. They may just leave Apex in Europe until the fall of 2021. 

Hope we get some updates from X soon on the status of Apex. 

I'll be eagerly following 😁 --

We were booked on the April 1st "taster" (4 days cruise). Beginning of March, already in full penalty, our amazing TA managed to move the whole payment (not as FCC) to May 27th, 2021 (9 days cruise).

Figured by then Covid will be a distant and not so pleasant memory... 

This WE, after "re-evaluating" the situation, we decided that by February 2021, when the FP for the new cruise is due, we'll not be ready to add to the 2.5K we've already paid .

So, we moved again, this time to September 18th, 2021.... 

MAY BE by June 2021 we'll be ready to pay in full. We got a very good group booking deal, with the "concierge" being cheaper than a regular IV.

Hope to hear more soon.  LLP did mention in a recent interview that AOEX would be returning to Grt Brtn in the future..no details  beyond that.

We sailed on EDGE in Aquaclass in an Infinite Veranda which we enjoyed, and also in a Sunset Veranda with the 4 mdr plan. Enjoyed that too.  This will be a treat to try a Suite and have access to the Retreat and Luminae...fingers crossed it works out.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

We couldn’t lift & shift because there are no sky suites available for the Oct 21 T/A! We are thinking of the May 21 TA but I’m not sure they will even sail her over at this point. They may just leave Apex in Europe until the fall of 2021. 

We moved our reservation in May, so we were able to keep all the same.  I am afraid if I ever sail in a suite, I won't be able to move back!

i am anxious for sailing to start so we can get reports from those on her!

30 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hope to hear more soon.  LLP did mention in a recent interview that AOEX would be returning to Grt Brtn in the future..no details  beyond that.

We sailed on EDGE in Aquaclass in an Infinite Veranda which we enjoyed, and also in a Sunset Veranda with the 4 mdr plan. Enjoyed that too.  This will be a treat to try a Suite and have access to the Retreat and Luminae...fingers crossed it works out.

We booked an IV, and I know there are very divergent opinions on the concept.  However, we're going in with a very open mind . . . Had friends we've cruised with on multiple occasions who enjoyed the IV on Edge.  I might be hesitant in the Caribbean; however, this is a Fall TA.  Two years ago on Solstice, DH was diagnosed with the flu (as were a number of passengers on that sailing); he was quarantined to the SR for 2 days and restricted from going out onto the balcony.  With an IV, he could have lowered the window for a little while for fresh air.  Last year in the British Isles, it was so blustery we couldn't enjoy the balcony (and we loved the balcony in Alaska . . . But not with the wind last year).  So this seemed like a good time to try the IV.

I Know we're all anxious for things to start back . . . safely.  Anxious for first-hand reports!

hcat, you've posted about the art tour on Edge.  Did you purchase that before sailing or once on board?  I would hope with 8 sea days that may be offered.

57 minutes ago, hcat said:

Yes, I heard that too. Originally Southampton was to be Apex's home port. She was supposed to have her naming ceremony and Inaugural cruises from there.
She hasn’t been to Southampton yet due to all this mess with Covid. I believe LLP was saying that Apex will eventually “return” to her home port in Britain and begin her cruises from there as was originally planned. Hope this happens sooner than later!

49 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

We booked an IV, and I know there are very divergent opinions on the concept.  However, we're going in with a very open mind . . . Had friends we've cruised with on multiple occasions who enjoyed the IV on Edge.  I might be hesitant in the Caribbean; however, this is a Fall TA.  Two years ago on Solstice, DH was diagnosed with the flu (as were a number of passengers on that sailing); he was quarantined to the SR for 2 days and restricted from going out onto the balcony.  With an IV, he could have lowered the window for a little while for fresh air.  Last year in the British Isles, it was so blustery we couldn't enjoy the balcony (and we loved the balcony in Alaska . . . But not with the wind last year).  So this seemed like a good time to try the IV.

I Know we're all anxious for things to start back . . . safely.  Anxious for first-hand reports!

hcat, you've posted about the art tour on Edge.  Did you purchase that before sailing or once on board?  I would hope with 8 sea days that may be offered.

They listed  it for booking  pre cruise and we reserved.. it was a  " full group"

I was relieved because the do it yourself "Art Crawl " was  becoming a   bit challenging for me to  organize...

They adjusted the price lower  at the time we checked in for the tour.

We used the  indiv headphones,  our guide was quite knowledgeable as were the  persons who shared  info about the decor in their venue...ex Normandie.

You can do it yourself but we enjoyed it!

I love Solstice Class, but I must admit it sounds as though they will change some of the less popular things on Edge and I can’t wait to see a YouTube on Apex

but I’ll tell you one of the biggest draws for me is that Sashi will be musician inresidence on Apex!  Those who’ve sailed with her on board will understand my excitement. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WNcruiser said:

There seems to be SS available on the October 2021 TA.  Perhaps the problem is the level of SS available as the entry level is not available.

We are looking forward to our first Edge Class experience on the Oct 2021 Apex TA.  At this point, we would be looking forward to just about any cruise.  

1 hour ago, jagoffee said:

There seems to be SS available on the October 2021 TA.  Perhaps the problem is the level of SS available as the entry level is not available.

We are looking forward to our first Edge Class experience on the Oct 2021 Apex TA.  At this point, we would be looking forward to just about any cruise.  

I check a few times a day and there has been nothing but the PH available. I book directly with X but maybe there is a big box TA that has some. 

1 hour ago, WNcruiser said:

I check a few times a day and there has been nothing but the PH available. I book directly with X but maybe there is a big box TA that has some. 

Sorry, my bad.  I am booked on the Apex, but I was looking at the Edge when I saw the Sky Suites available.  

12 hours ago, Larwos said:

I love Solstice Class, but I must admit it sounds as though they will change some of the less popular things on Edge and I can’t wait to see a YouTube on Apex

but I’ll tell you one of the biggest draws for me is that Sashi will be musician inresidence on Apex!  Those who’ve sailed with her on board will understand my excitement. 

Can you provide more  info  or a link..could not find anything  with google about Sashi and am not familiar with the name 

The two " resident"  singers on EDGE  for the theater were disappointing for us.. Marcus Tyrell was just too loud an act, esp in the small theater;  and Ashley Amber was not the level of talent we expected with all the hype. She had the " attitude" of a big star but was really just okay. On our cruise , she did not do her Whitney Houston playlist. Maybe that would have been better...and less of a let down.

Other musicians on board were excellent..Florencia, a fabulous jazz group,  the resident band, nice duos.. etc Overall, we thought the  musical talent, and  many of the shows were a big upgrade from other X ships.

The .EDEN show was not our cup of tea but they featured  other performers there in the daytime and on some evenings.

Ours is a only  5 day cruise ( hoping it does not get charterd away from us)  but we hope to experience as much as possible without wearing ourselves out!

We may book a longer APEX cruise in lieu of Connie from Tampa....just in case.

Edited by hcat

13 hours ago, H2OH! said:

We are booked for January 2021 on Apex in a sky suite...thinking of upgrading to CS- hopeful but doubtful this sailing will happen...

We sailed in a CS on Edge.  Of course it was quite nice and we got it when it was first available during the build phase at a great price.  The balcony on E-Class CS is just OK.  There is not too much of a difference (other than inner bedroom) between a Sky Suite and a CS on Celebrity ships.  The CS is not considered a premium suite so it gets the same suite benefits as Sky Suites.  In the future I would not book a CS but go for a RS or PH, or if money is a consideration I am very happy with a Sky Suite.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

We sailed in a CS on Edge.  Of course it was quite nice and we got it when it was first available during the build phase at a great price.  The balcony on E-Class CS is just OK.  There is not too much of a difference (other than inner bedroom) between a Sky Suite and a CS on Celebrity ships.  The CS is not considered a premium suite so it gets the same suite benefits as Sky Suites.  In the future I would not book a CS but go for a RS or PH, or if money is a consideration I am very happy with a Sky Suite.

Thanks for the information. On S-class- we love SS, CS on hump and RS- those are our usual go-to's. Looking at E-class floor plans- we were wondering just how different the CS is- plus the balcony looked smallish- of course there is no hump balcony. Maybe we will stay put for now. 

8 minutes ago, H2OH! said:

Thanks for the information. On S-class- we love SS, CS on hump and RS- those are our usual go-to's. Looking at E-class floor plans- we were wondering just how different the CS is- plus the balcony looked smallish- of course there is no hump balcony. Maybe we will stay put for now. 

The CS balcony is two cabin lengths - but narrow.  It has two armchairs but it is too narrow for lounge chairs.  Ours had a small dining table with two chairs too. The lack of loungers (or even foot rests)  was a bit of a disappointment to us.  There are certain Sky Suites with larger balconies.  And even less expensive Sunset Verandas with good balconies.

• Like 1