ALL ABOUT APEX.....

hcat

Sounds like the same games...Get folks to make large final payments.

Keep them hanging and then if  Celebrity cancels,  take forever to get out the refunds.

Will you cancel to avoid that or roll the dice????

Apex was finished but the inaugural sailing was delayed several times. I speculated a few months ago that Apex would stay in France until the 2021 European sailing season and forgo the 2020 Caribbean season.

Edited by CHEZMARYLOU

8 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Apex was finished but the inaugural sailing was delayed several times. I speculated a few months ago that Apex would stay in France until the 2021 European sailing season and forgo the 2020 Caribbean season.

Have photos been released of the finished ship interiors and exteriors?

We got a voice mail today from Christy a Conciege at Celebrity offering her services to help us with shore excursions, specialty restaurant reservations etc for our Apex January 2021 sailing..........

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Have photos been released of the finished ship interiors and exteriors?

Only some the  sculptures and art work...afaik.

Perhaps those on other social media have photos to share????

See post no. 2 on this APEX thread...

nothing really  with interiors

Edited by hcat

On 8/5/2020 at 6:11 PM, hcat said:

Sounds like the same games...Get folks to make large final payments.

Keep them hanging and then if  Celebrity cancels,  take forever to get out the refunds.

Will you cancel to avoid that or roll the dice????

I guess it depends on the luck of the draw. We were booked (and fully paid) on the September cruise out of Barcelona. They canceled and we ask for a refund and it was provided to us in 9 days

2 hours ago, BigAl94 said:

I'm wondering why she remains in the shipyard, any possibility a payment hasn't been made and it suits Celebrity to leave her there?

I think it's another financial angle - I reckon it's cheaper to let her stay in the shipyard with bare-minimum crew (if any at all) onboard, than moving her to the open sea, thus requiring more crew.

I don't know if this video was shared in this or another thread, but here is Celebrity's official Apex Delivery video (28MB).

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 2

On 8/5/2020 at 5:29 PM, chuly said:

We got a voice mail today from Christy a Conciege at Celebrity offering her services to help us with shore excursions, specialty restaurant reservations etc for our Apex January 2021 sailing..........

Which sailing are you on? We are on 1/16/2021.

Some of the changes noted in the "linked thread" diagrams were  in place or in progress on EDGE..  the Grand Plaza cafe space became extra much needed seating in the Plaza, Martini Bar area,..

.Some of the other switch arounds ( photo, future cruise sales , excursions, computer area) also planned orwere in  progess for Edge.   As areas were in use the mgmnt perceived better layouts, etc.  None of it very major..just a big switch around,

Not sure about the other planned changes for APEX...wish  they would add a T pool to the spa..not happening!

We are booked on Apex for August 21, really looking forward to it since our last cruise was canceled as well.   Hoping that should be plenty of time for vaccines to be distributed and lifting the ban on US travelers to Europe!  We have not been on the Edge so looking forward to trying out this class, the 4 mdr's seems like a good idea.  We are trying an IV cabin, we also read the mixed reviews but decided to try it and decide for ourselves! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Interestingly, Apex was moved from the shipyard to anchoring off the West coast of France yesterday morning local time:

This could mean several things (including not-so-great ones), but I choose to focus on the two positive possibilites:

1) The ship is technically finished (maybe including interior-wise) and ready to be used on actual sailings, thus no need for (or no desire to PAY for) shipyard storage anymore,

2) and/or the ship is being prepared for a (probably completely non-revenue) transantlantic crossing, in order to be ready for the Caribbean season this upcoming Winter.

apex.jpg.51cd734a5e90ef8caf838392ad1783ef.jpg

• Thanks 1

And a few pictures and videos to testify the "sailing":

If this guy is just a little bit right in his claims, it would appear that both my "thoughts" mentioned above are true - off-shore anchoring before being moved to the Caribbean:

The hype is real!!!

Go see all the wonderful pictures and videos for yoursel on this link: https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/celebrityapex/

Edited by mikkelhansen
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2020 at 7:04 AM, hcat said:

Hoping this thread will be a  continuing one that allows us to share tidbits and info about APEX.

We are booked on her for a short cruise in 2022, and  look forward to experiencing her first hand.( first time in a suite). 

Seems there will be lots of exciting features..some are like EDGE but  also new  changes... a bigger gym, new bar overlooking the Grand Plaza, new shows, new menu for EDEN restaurant.... and all new art! 

This Cruise Critic article ( see link)  is an  enterainment overview:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/entertainment/apex

@hcat - thank you for starting this thread. I think this is sorely missed (and needed) for those of us new to Edge class ships and have an itinerary booked on Apex. Like you, I also have an Apex sailing in early 2022 now (in a suite); I have also not yet been on the Edge. My one and only time in a suite on Celebrity was back when there used to be Aqua Class suites on Reflection... and all prior to the roll out of their suite benefits program. I'm now following.

Edited by vulcan1971

36 minutes ago, Esprit said:

My SIL is currently working in the St Nazaire shipyard aboard MSC Virtuoso. He said Apex moving from its shipyard berth was necessary so Virtuoso could be moved there for its completion. 

And hopefully after Virtuoso is finished they will begin construction on Celebrity Beyond..? 

• Like 2

Apex may or may not move to the Caribbean in a few weeks. The official message though has to be that it will, otherwise it would imply cancellation of the November cruises - which won't be cancelled until =X= is ready to cancel them.

8 hours ago, vulcan1971 said:

@hcat - thank you for starting this thread. I think this is sorely missed (and needed) for those of us new to Edge class ships and have an itinerary booked on Apex. Like you, I also have an Apex sailing in early 2022 now (in a suite); I have also not yet been on the Edge. My one and only time in a suite on Celebrity was back when there used to be Aqua Class suites on Reflection... and all prior to the roll out of their suite benefits program. I'm now following.

Thanks...for your  support of the All About Apex thread

And to Mikkelhansen for bringing it back to life!

Woo Hoo....Hip Hip Hooray..Here She Comes!

Step by Step...

Hope we get more pics and posts esp  of the Interior.

37 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yay!!!!

I'm scheduled on her for my next 4 cruises - Feb 2021 (fingers crossed), July 2021 B2B for my 50th (fingers REALLY crossed), and Feb 2022!

I loved Edge, so I cannot help but imagine I will love her sister!

Looking forward  to your reviews...loved your EDGE review!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yay!!!!

I'm scheduled on her for my next 4 cruises - Feb 2021 (fingers crossed), July 2021 B2B for my 50th (fingers REALLY crossed), and Feb 2022!

I loved Edge, so I cannot help but imagine I will love her sister!

Like hcat, I am looking forward to your review(s).  So want some "insider tips" before our October TA.  and your Edge review was great!

• Like 2