ALL ABOUT APEX.....

hcat

5 hours ago, luv2cruise391 said:

So, you are thinking she will not do her European sailings, but will come to FLL?

Thanks so much for the link. We have sailed on the Edge, but this article really points out the differences the Apex will have.

My assumption would be yes, they'll send her to FLL.

On the face of it they are of course very similar - but the artwork on board gives her a different vibe I felt. And on top of this you have things like an enlarged Grand Atrium (as they did away with the coffee station in the corner that's on Edge), Craft Social, and other bits and pieces. Most of the changes are behind the scenes such as the improvements to the main theatre.  

14 hours ago, Oville said:

Hi, we sailed on the January 12, 2020 trip on Edge.  Our dinner in Eden was far and away the best we’ve had on any Celebrity ship. Hoping the changes on Apex do not make it too main stream and boring.  What’s so surprising about the Apex change is it was not easy getting an Eden reservation before the sailing date and really difficult once onboard.  Katie

When we made reservations for Eden on our Apex cruise in April 2021we were lucky to get the time and day we wanted. 😊

9 hours ago, sparkx said:

My assumption would be yes, they'll send her to FLL.

I agree. Until the Schengen travel ban is lifted for the US, there won’t be any reason for X to keep any ships in Europe. They will have a better chance of resuming cruises to the Caribbean once the CDC gives the OK. 

On 9/1/2020 at 5:33 AM, sparkx said:

Thanks for sharing this - My understanding remains that she'll be off of the coast of France for a few weeks and then head over to join Edge around Cococay. I've seen quite a few posts from on board that confirm that.  Slightly surprised they won't have her come to Southampton to join some of the Royal ships, but sounds like they have a financial deal with the yard for the anchoring. 

And that's for sharing the post - she's a really stunning ship.  If you have any questions give me a shout! 

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I've started following you on multiple social media platforms.  🙂

On 9/2/2020 at 9:49 AM, C-Dragons said:

When we made reservations for Eden on our Apex cruise in April 2021we were lucky to get the time and day we wanted. 😊

I have so much to learn about the Apex.  I just looked at Eden and there really are not too many tables which must be why you booked so early.  Do you call Celebrity to book or can you do the booking online?

4 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

I have so much to learn about the Apex.  I just looked at Eden and there really are not too many tables which must be why you booked so early.  Do you call Celebrity to book or can you do the booking online?

You can book all Specialty Dining in the Cruise Planner on Celebrity's website.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sam.Seattle said:

Yes you can book it online. We used our OBC to pay. 

• Like 1

I am feeling slightly more positive on this January 2nd sailing.I am basing that mostly on the fact that I saw a video of Richard Fain saying how they were working "nonstop" with the Carib countries aas to how they would work out docking, etc.Of course, it will all depend on when/what the CDC ultimately says, but if the cruise lines submit enough "precautions" that will be taken - surely that will help! I also read a review of MSC's megaship that is sailing now and what all they did. I just wonder if the Apex for our sailing is as full as it seems to be online. Because I seriously doubt they will sail at full capacity for the first sailings. How would they decide who sails and who won't??????

As our final payment is coming up in about 3 weeks now, I guess we will see how many cancel or keep the booking and I do not know what I will do! I sure hope we get some indication before final payment is due!

Two questions:

--Infinite Veranda:  I have read that the bridge can lock the windows so they cannot be opened for a period of time.  Why would they do that?

--Perks:  Why on some reservations that come with one perk you can add other perks but some you cannot?

We are looking at some 2021 fall sailings.

18 minutes ago, Barry ATL said:

Two questions:

--Infinite Veranda:  I have read that the bridge can lock the windows so they cannot be opened for a period of time.  Why would they do that?

We are looking at some 2021 fall sailings.

The discussion of the bridge controlling the Infinite Veranda window is overblown. The ONLY times they will close the window and not allow it to open is EITHER they are planning to wash the windows or there's a weather event coming. It's not something that's occurring every day willy nilly. It's really of no concern. 

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

The discussion of the bridge controlling the Infinite Veranda window is overblown. The ONLY times they will close the window and not allow it to open is EITHER they are planning to wash the windows or there's a weather event coming. It's not something that's occurring every day willy nilly. It's really of no concern. 

Now that I think of it, I see the reasoning about the weather event.  They do not want it raining or blowing sea water inside the cabins.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Barry ATL said:

Now that I think of it, I see the reasoning about the weather event.  They do not want it raining or blowing sea water inside the cabins.

The heart of the matter is that this category of room was TOTALLY mis-marketed. It should have NEVER been marketed as a Veranda; Instead it should have been marketed as a Premium Window stateroom and called something like 'Infinite Sunroom'. Anything but Veranda. They could have priced it as a Veranda but they should have never called it a Veranda Cabin.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Barry ATL said:

Agree with you and Kwokpot on sev points

A).control of the window is a non issue  

B) there  is a nice floor in the Veranda space...nicer than am outdoor balc floor with drainage. And has nice side walls. Rain coming in could cause   damage

C) Also agree it should NEVER  be called a veranda or balcony cabin..It is a sun room, florida room or Wintergarden.

They should have played that up..esp for TAs and northern cruises.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, kwokpot said:

The heart of the matter is that this category of room was TOTALLY mis-marketed. It should have NEVER been marketed as a Veranda; Instead it should have been marketed as a Premium Window stateroom and called something like 'Infinite Sunroom'. Anything but Veranda. They could have priced it as a Veranda but they should have never called it a Veranda Cabin.  

IV definition:  Oceanview Cabin with a convertible sun room area having a full width window that can be opened halfway by the guest.  That would be my simple😀 description.  I was on Edge but did not sail in an IV. So no direct knowledge other than reading about a thousand or more posts on the subject!

• Haha 1

Does anyone have info on how the shore excursion protocols will work? I read some of the lines(MSC I think) wouldn't let passengers back on after going to shore if they didn't use the ships tour operators. Does that mean we can't go to shore and shop, have a drink etc. unless we are with a ship tour. That doesn't;t sound very inviting to me. 

1 minute ago, Sticks5315 said:

Does anyone have info on how the shore excursion protocols will work? I read some of the lines(MSC I think) wouldn't let passengers back on after going to shore if they didn't use the ships tour operators. Does that mean we can't go to shore and shop, have a drink etc. unless we are with a ship tour. That doesn't;t sound very inviting to me. 

Unfortunately no one knows yet what the protocols will be as X hasn’t announced them yet, anything said would only be speculation.

17 minutes ago, Sticks5315 said:

MSC will only allow you to visit a port as part of one of its tours, and you have to stay with the tour throughout. Whether Celebrity will adopt this protocol or something similar remains to be seen.

22 minutes ago, Sticks5315 said:

How is this related to Apex?

31 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

How is this related to Apex?

Our next cruise, Dec 5-12+Dec 12-19, is on Apex so it seemed like a logical place to start asking. I couldn’t find anything online about it. We are divers. Many ports they do not have dive excursions, which is fine if we can use other operators.If we can’t dive or explore the ports, it doesn’t make much sense to go.