family room for 9

I want to take the family on a Caribbean cruise. There are 9 of us, I would like one cabin that would fit us all. Can anyone tell me which ships have these. I would like to stay away from the Oasis class. I would like to visit Labadee.

Thanks for any info that is out there.

Cheryl

34 minutes ago, seaandsea said:

I want to take the family on a Caribbean cruise. There are 9 of us, I would like one cabin that would fit us all. Can anyone tell me which ships have these. I would like to stay away from the Oasis class. I would like to visit Labadee.

Cheryl

We are traveling with a group of 9 on Freedom next year. We booked a 2 bedroom grand suite and the adjoining balcony which will be plenty of room. 

3 hours ago, seaandsea said:

Cheryl

The 4 bedroom Villa Suite on Liberty is the only cabin that will accommodate 9 if you want to stay away from Oasis class.  There are lots of cabins (2 bedroom GS and 2 bedroom OS) that will accommodate 8.  If one of the people sailing is under 2 then you may be able to add a pack n play to the room and book one of those rooms for 9.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

The Villa suites are 4 bedrooms and larger than 4 cabins combines so I would say comfort wouldn’t be an issue. 

We put 3 in an A1 and still had comfort level issues🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Grandeur has a suite (no balcony) that sleeps 8.  Room #8000.  It has a separate br with 4 bunks and a second bathroom.  It is a huge space ~500 sq ft.  We had last January and we also have it booked Jan '21.

It is up front adjacent to the bridge.  There is room for 9, but depends who the 9th is.

The Jewel of the Seas and its class have 2 bedroom suites that sleep 8. I got one for an Alaskan cruise but looking back the 23k for 7 people wasn't worth it. I should have just gotten adjoining balconies.

• Thanks 1

Unless a lot of the 9 are very young, I cant imagine why you want them all in one cabin. 

I agree with adjoining balconies. I've heard of times where rcl made a exception and allowed a under age 2 baby in a cabin over the stated limit. Get a good travel agent for advice.

You will need a suite of some sort that will sleep 9.  You have to CALL to book them, however...they are not available for online booking.  Check out the deck plans and cabin descriptions on line, and have that handy when calling to book.  Also..check prices on multiple cabins, if you have enough adults....sometimes, that's cheaper than the suite!

15 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Unless a lot of the 9 are very young, I cant imagine why you want them all in one cabin. 

I agree with adjoining balconies. I've heard of times where rcl made a exception and allowed a under age 2 baby in a cabin over the stated limit. Get a good travel agent for advice.

Not an "exception" RCI makes ... it's actually a little known policy. I found this out personally when I have booked a double occupancy cabin for some of our family members...two adults and an under age 2 infant that would use a pack-n-play.

But in the end I was able to upgrade them to the #8500 on Radiance a few months before we sailed...A great cabin for just the three of them and able to put the PNP in the separate sleeping area.

I was actually very lucky to do this same sort of situation twice on cruises to Alaska....Love those late night options to book less than the usually minimum number of occupants that show up online here on the west coast at times.

On 7/27/2020 at 11:06 PM, PigsCanFly said:

The Grandeur has a suite (no balcony) that sleeps 8.  Room #8000.  It has a separate br with 4 bunks and a second bathroom.  It is a huge space ~500 sq ft.  We had last January and we also have it booked Jan '21.

It is up front adjacent to the bridge.  There is room for 9, but depends who the 9th is.

We have had this room as well.  Great room.  It’s obvious they just used the extra space and they didn’t know what to do with it, and Just made a cabin as it’s just such an awkward design but the amount of space is massive.  

We were able to book it with just 4 people, and because of our TA getting a group rate, was just $3100 for a 6 night cruise.  Best money ever spent.  Wish we could book this cabin more often, but it gets booked fast.

1 hour ago, rimmit said:

We have had this room as well.  Great room.  It’s obvious they just used the extra space and they didn’t know what to do with it, and Just made a cabin as it’s just such an awkward design but the amount of space is massive.  

We were able to book it with just 4 people, and because of our TA getting a group rate, was just $3100 for a 6 night cruise.  Best money ever spent.  Wish we could book this cabin more often, but it gets booked fast.

We had the room with just 3 of us last January and we will be 3 again in Jan '21 (if it sails).  Our adult son lived in the seperate bedroom/bathroom and loved not having to listen to me snoring at night when he was doing his online gaming in his own "suite".

2 hours ago, rimmit said:

We had one of those on Mariner years ago. I liked the big windows

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We had one of those on Mariner years ago. I liked the big windows

They must be slightly different on the mariner as the grandeur only had standard size windows.  The big negative to this room on the grandeur is it’s huge but only two small windows, so it’s very dark and poorly lit.  The Grandeur is right next to the bridge so can see a little bit of the bridge extension out the forward most window.

still more light than an inside.  Lol.

• Thanks 1

The Vision of the Seas also has a suite (no balcony) that sleeps 8.  Room #8000.  It has a separate bedroom with 4 bunks and a second bathroom. It is up front adjacent to the bridge just like the Grandeur.