More ships to leave Carnival Fleet.

mercury7289

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm another one that couldn't care less about an Atrium. They just take up space for no purpose.

Just give me a wide prom deck and I'm happy.

You,'re a philistine wowzz if the US style atriums don't give you any wow factor as you board a ship.

6 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

You,'re a philistine wowzz if the US style atriums don't give you any wow factor as you board a ship.

Sorry, I just don't see the need for a tawdry Las Vegas type lobby. If I want bad taste kitsch I can go to Dubai. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

I'm another one that couldn't care less about an Atrium. They just take up space for no purpose.

Just give me a wide prom deck and I'm happy.

Totally agree. A large atrium just deprives the ship of extra, usable space for proper venues. For instance, if Azura didn't have a massive 3-storey atrium, they could have made the Blue Bar bigger and you might actually be able to get a seat in it...

• Like 3

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

Some of us prefer intimate, elegant spaces to a glitzy atrium, that's all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

If being a philistine means disliking all the American - style glitz and glamour then I must be a philistine too. I can't see a wow in any of it. The real 'wow factor' is watching the sunrise over the sea, or the dolphins swimming and leaping along the side of ship as we leave port. Nature in all it's glory John, that's the wow. We all see beauty through different eyes.🌅🐬

Avril

• Like 12
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

If being a philistine means disliking all the American - style glitz and glamour then I must be a philistine too.

Avril

It doesn't Avril and I cannot think of anyone less philistine-like than your lovely self.🥰

I shall excuse John based on the fact that he clearly doesn't understand the meaning of the word.🙂

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

We all have likes and dislikes of the the various ships we've sailed on, but the one thing that has never bothered me are the atriums.  Aurora has a nice atrium,  so did Oceana, but to me there are much more important issues that contribute to the enjoyment of my cruise. I don't spend my cruise in the atrium.

Avril

I suppose we loved the one on Oceana, not just for the wow factor but we loved to just sit there in the evening (not show people) and enjoy a cocktail and listen to the piano tinkling out a tune. It is what made us fall in love with cruising and what we will miss in many ways. I want a wow factor when I board a ship - not to just feel I am in a hotel somewhere at sea.

Fully understand that everyone is different though - was just sharing our views. 🙂

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

If being a philistine means disliking all the American - style glitz and glamour then I must be a philistine too. I can't see a wow in any of it. The real 'wow factor' is watching the sunrise over the sea, or the dolphins swimming and leaping along the side of ship as we leave port. Nature in all it's glory John, that's the wow. We all see beauty through different eyes.🌅🐬

Avril

How dare you post my comments before me 🤨

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I have seen people say they wouldn't cruise on a ship because there was no decent atrium?  I mean what difference does it make.  I would rather have a lovely wide walk around prom deck that seems to have disappeared on the big ships, plus the tiered stern to sit out and have breakfast.  Azura put us off the big ones.

Oceana had both ....... 😞

EDGE also had a nice promenade deck - she isn't a monster ship.

Dont know about being a philistine but just think its a good job that there are different ships for different people it would be a strange old world if we all liked the same. Oceana was never one of my favourite P&O ships even though that it was for many others but that was their choice. For me I like the Atrium on Azura and Britannia and even though enjoy Princess cruises never been a great fan of their atriums because you can never find a quiet spot even at the International Cafe if enjoying a coffee or a wine in Vines Bar there is usually music being played at the bottom of the atrium and Crooners is usually a deck or two above and the music form there in the evening can be heard loudly throughout the atrium whatever deck you are on and there is no escape from it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

John - I suddenly realised you were being ironic (hopefully)!

I was taking a bit of the p*** out of your board moniker, but I do love a glitzy atrium, with glass fronted lifts and lots of bars and cafe seating, so I can people watch in a glamorous setting.  The little nooks and hideaway bars of the smaller ships just don't give me the same buzz.

• Like 2

On 8/28/2020 at 6:09 PM, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Yes, absolutely agree.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 10:32 AM, Eddie99 said:

A lost sole?

(Oh no - the return of the fish puns! 🐠. Dear Lord - what have we done to deserve this?)

I had fish in the hotel tonight. I haddock glass of red wine.