Next time I cruise I am definitely going to....

chemmo

We have loads of cruises behind us now. Sometimes friends will ask us if we ever get bored or question why we don’t try alternative cruise lines. 

The answer is simply we never get to do everything we plan on doing! We have found so much we enjoy doing and want to do again we have a ‘we will do that tomorrow’ attitude to things we haven’t yet experienced. Now we cannot cruise at present we are becoming more determined to make every second count next cruise...

So here are the things I am definitely going to do next cruise!

Sit at the Martini bar, every time we pass it is so busy so we carry on to Michael’s and have a drink there.

Be more adventurous in my drink choices, don’t just stick to what I know I like.

Take part in a trivia quiz.

Go to a show, years since I did one (too busy chatting in bars).

Get up really early one morning for a swim in an empty pool.

Walk around the ship decks after midnight stargazing...

So what are you planning for your next cruise?

Any recommendations of things you have done that are worth others trying?

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Because I'm new on CC , I would like to meet whomever is on board at a " Get together ", if there is such a thing.

It would be nice to meet everyone in person , even those with different opinions.

Oh yes, I gotta defend my putting championship---Talk about stress--- there had to be 58 people in the opening round.

You know how long it took for each to putt ?  We all bragged about our low handicap --- no one told the truth. 

• Like 1

What a great thread!  I feel the same as Chemmo, in that I always disembark without doing everything I had "meant" to do . . 

One thing I did a few years ago, that I will definitely do again . . . I got up early one sea day morning, just before sunrise, and wandered the quiet, almost vacant ship.  I took dozens of photos of vacant, quiet spaces that cannot normally even be seen for the number of people.  I did this because we had a friend considering her first Celebrity cruise who wanted to "see the ship".  While I did it for her, it was the most amazing way to start the day.

i will also sit at the Martini Bar . . . never seem to accomplish that!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I make it a point to stop at the Martini Bar every evening and try out different mixed drinks, something I never do on land!

Haven’t been to a show in many years, maybe we’ll go next time. Perhaps try a spa treatment, I’ve wanted to but somehow never made time. 

One thing we’ll definitely do is make the most of our time in port, stay out as long as possible. 

And of course book another cruise, we also take just the one each year. Maybe we’ll book a TA with several sea days when we can explore and enjoy the ship...

Edited by prish

Keep our old traditions and make some new and make loads of new great memories.

In particular we love going to the Martini Bar when it first opens on Sail day you always meet people from far and wide, everyone so happy to be there some you see throughout the cruise others never again but all such fun.

Finding our favourite artists, there's always 1 maybe 2 who hit spot for us and then listening to them with a drink in various bars

So much more

and the Ocean

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Pinboy said:

Because I'm new on CC , I would like to meet whomever is on board at a " Get together ", if there is such a thing.

It would be nice to meet everyone in person , even those with different opinions.

Oh yes, I gotta defend my putting championship---Talk about stress--- there had to be 58 people in the opening round.

You know how long it took for each to putt ?  We all bragged about our low handicap --- no one told the truth. 

The roll call for your cruise can be a great place to arrange to meet and sort tours for like minded/like interested people. Perhaps through your roll call you could arrange a couple of golfing events on board or in port. Personally I would opt out, I struggled on the RC crazy golf courses....

There is usually a CC get together early cruise, just sign up for the event.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bama4cruisin said:

What a great thread!  I feel the same as Chemmo, in that I always disembark without doing everything I had "meant" to do . . 

One thing I did a few years ago, that I will definitely do again . . . I got up early one sea day morning, just before sunrise, and wandered the quiet, almost vacant ship.  I took dozens of photos of vacant, quiet spaces that cannot normally even be seen for the number of people.  I did this because we had a friend considering her first Celebrity cruise who wanted to "see the ship".  While I did it for her, it was the most amazing way to start the day.

i will also sit at the Martini Bar . . . never seem to accomplish that!

We are obviously fellow cruise companions...you are probably one of the couples we have meet in a quiet bar and then never, because we were enjoying the company so much, actually moved to the Martini bar we had intended to visit!!! Sometimes you just mix and mingle and just feel comfortable...

So glad you did the ‘quiet ships tour’ something so many cruisers can miss...We have done so many cruises that by now we can sometimes take for granted the simple pleasures of quiet spaces, sunrise and sunsets... After this year we will take nothing for granted again.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, George C said:

Agree on getting martini at martini bar or the suite lounge , my infinity royal suite cruise was canceled so we will get to explore Edge for first time, typically we do book a cruise while on board .

So sorry you missed your Infinity cruise, let us know how you enjoy your Edge cruise!

I must confess to being conservative about drinks, going for what I know and like rather than being adventurous! Next cruise this will end, despite my maturity I am going to try the latest trend...After that I may resort to a good old fashioned Courvoisier....

• Like 4

4 hours ago, prish said:

I make it a point to stop at the Martini Bar every evening and try out different mixed drinks, something I never do on land!

Haven’t been to a show in many years, maybe we’ll go next time. Perhaps try a spa treatment, I’ve wanted to but somehow never made time. 

One thing we’ll definitely do is make the most of our time in port, stay out as long as possible. 

And of course book another cruise, we also take just the one each year. Maybe we’ll book a TA with several sea days when we can explore and enjoy the ship...

So pleased it is not only us who never quite gets around to experimenting with new drinks on land, we are definitely going to take a recommendation from you and be more adventurous in our drinking on board next cruise!

Edited by chemmo

Go to Karaoke again. 🎤

On our last Edge Cruise we went to the Club one evening where passengers were participating in Karaoke with a live band. It was a blast. There were several talented people who not only sang, but entertained us with their dance moves as well. It was a surprise to find out these usually quiet and sedate people were such extroverts. 😁

• Like 4