MS Rotterdam

ski ww

Just received an email from HAL with all the dates & itineraries for the Rotterdam sailings. Hope the world is back to semi normal next year because we sure would like to be on one of those cruises. 

I got an email showing that the new Ryndam was going to have its name changed to the Rotterdam and become the new flagship for HAL.  My first cruise with HAL was on the old Ryndam and I did a TA on the former Rotterdam.  I enjoyed both ships so I hope HAL names another one the Ryndam in the future.  I would love to be back on a ship again but until this corona virus is under control, I just don't see myself enjoying a trip at sea.  I have underlying health issues so I have to be careful, but I sure do miss that salt air and ocean breeze.

Would love to do the Premier Voyage and following cruisebut Europe in August - no thanks!

Will toy with the idea of September to Baltic or maybe the Maiden TransAtlantic, if it starts to look like we can travel safely to Florida and not need to isolate when we return home.

• Like 1

I saw some interiour renderings today.

basically, the same design, however, the colour Palette of the Dining room and lounges is different.

the MDR will now have blue, white and red carpeting ( Dutch flag) and looks fabulous. Also slightly more classic colours for the Queens Lounge and lighter colours for Rolling Stones as far as I could see.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Despegue said:

I saw some interiour renderings today.

basically, the same design, however, the colour Palette of the Dining room and lounges is different.

the MDR will now have blue, white and red carpeting ( Dutch flag) and looks fabulous. Also slightly more classic colours for the Queens Lounge and lighter colours for Rolling Stones as far as I could see.

It's red, white and blue..😏

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

It's red, white and blue..😏

I was describing the carpet, not the actual order of the colours of the flag...

the carpet is mainly blue ( where Koningsdam and Statendam have purple), white and red (where the others have yellow accenting)

Edited by Despegue

1 hour ago, Despegue said:

the colour Palette of the Dining room and lounges is different.

the MDR will now have blue, white and red carpeting (

I hope the color of the walls of the MDR will be different from the Nieuw Statendam's.

• Like 1

On 8/18/2020 at 2:36 PM, VMax1700 said:

Koningsdam - 2650 Guests

Nieuw Statendam - 2666 Guests

Rotterdam - 2668 Guests

Wonder where they have squeezed the extra pax in?

If we take Koningsdam as the original template then Nieuw Statendam removed Hudson Rooms 1 & 2 from port side and installed 5 new Interior 'J' rooms on deck 1.  On Rotterdam these interior rooms are now listed as Triple rooms (2 lower beds and 1 sofa bed).

Nieuw Statendam also had additional Interior rooms (2 Interior J and 2 Interior L) on deck 5 which KDM did not have.  They also removed an Interior J from deck 6 that was on KDM, but not on NSD and RDM.

(wet and windy day here and nothing much else to do!)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

If we take Koningsdam as the original template then Nieuw Statendam removed Hudson Rooms 1 & 2 from port side and installed 5 new Interior 'J' rooms on deck 1.  On Rotterdam these interior rooms are now listed as Triple rooms (2 lower beds and 1 sofa bed).

Nieuw Statendam also had additional Interior rooms (2 Interior J and 2 Interior L) on deck 5 which KDM did not have.  They also removed an Interior J from deck 6 that was on KDM, but not on NSD and RDM.

(wet and windy day here and nothing much else to do!)

Thanks for the absolutely necessary information 😉. As for the weather: I am jealous, In NL we had a heat wave and one day just warm summer weather when the heat returned. We just hope to be shivering next Sunday.  No climate change, but in NL we hever had so many days with tropical temperatures before. You must be better off this time in Ireland. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

Thanks for that info. Good to know that there is at least one inside J-category cabin on a Pinnacle ship with someplace to sit in it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

On Rotterdam these interior rooms are now listed as Triple rooms (2 lower beds and 1 sofa bed).

Out of curiosity, where did you find the deck 1 interior (J category) triple rooms?  I don't see evidence of them on the latest PDF or the HAL site on this page.   The Hudson rooms I and II on KODM were on the outside where you'd put ocean views and are in fact on RODM (VII) shown as C category triples.

Edited by 0bnxshs

16 minutes ago, 0bnxshs said:

Out of curiosity, where did you find the deck 1 interior (J category) triple rooms?  I don't see evidence of them on the latest PDF or the HAL site on this page.   The Hudson rooms I and II on KODM were on the outside where you'd put ocean views and are in fact on RODM (VII) shown as C category triples.

You are right!  I didn't read my notes correctly.🥵

The rooms replacing Hudson I and II are indeed OV outside Category C on both NSD and RDM.  On RDM they are listed as Triples.

Apologies for the confusion.

Edited by VMax1700

6 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

You are right!  I didn't read my notes correctly.🥵

The rooms replacing Hudson I and II are indeed OV outside Category C on both NSD and RDM.  On RDM they are listed as Triples.

Apologies for the confusion.

Well, I was hoping you were right and had some info that I couldn't find as, like Ruth, I was hoping to see a return to insides with some seating beyond a bed.  🙂

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, KirkNC said:

On the K’dam I thought the I category had sofas.  I know the J’s do not. 

Select Catgoy I rooms on both Konigsdam and Nieuw Statendam have sofas, but in a VERY awkward layout.  The front of the sofa faces the bed and is only separated from it by the width of the nightstand.  On the other side the bathroom wall is so close to the beds that separating them would prohibit access to the closets without climbing over a bed.  This effectively prohibits being able to separate the beds if desired.  Very tight, poor design.  These would be the absolute LAST interior rooms I would choose on these vessels, despite having a sofa.  Room #s as follows:  4104, 4115, 5108, 5125, 6112, 6127, 7097, 7104, 8092, 8109

Pictures of Room #6127

KonInt612-84265-1579622560.jpg

KonInt612-82062-1579622560.jpg

KonInt612-11594-1579622560.jpg

Pictures of Room #8092

94067-1467925205.jpg

20059-1467925205.jpg

3 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Select Catgoy I rooms on both Konigsdam and Nieuw Statendam have sofas, but in a VERY awkward layout.  The front of the sofa faces the bed and is only separated from it by the width of the nightstand.  On the other side the bathroom wall is so close to the beds that separating them would prohibit access to the closets without climbing over a bed.  This effectively prohibits being able to separate the beds if desired.  Very tight, poor design.  These would be the absolute LAST interior rooms I would choose on these vessels, despite having a sofa.  Room #s as follows:  4104, 4115, 5108, 5125, 6112, 6127, 7097, 7104, 8092, 8109

Based on the pictures you included, you still can't watch TV unless you hold a mirror while sitting on the couch. 
Really dumb placement of both the bed and the couch. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 5:20 PM, RuthC said:

Based on the pictures you included, you still can't watch TV unless you hold a mirror while sitting on the couch. 
Really dumb placement of both the bed and the couch. 

If the remote control has an option to set the tv screen image in reverse, then the handheld mirror on the sofa should work out okay.  Who is willing to send an email to HAL asking about that feature?  😉