Celebrity Post Covid 19 Priceing

mcrcruiser

It seems to us that Celebrity prices are high  trying to get people back onto their ships once  it is safe to cruise again 

Their competitors ,like Princess seem lower  yet even including perks they seem to be high as well

what are your thoughts on this topic ?

This has been discussed in several long threads.  For 2021 there are thousands of people with FCCs.  Thus high prices as with lift and shift and The FCCs ships should be full.  Many are paying the old price a la L&S and others with 80cent dollars.

Also remember that once cruising resumes it is pretty simply that demand and supply will determine the prices.  After resumption would think many cruises will drop in price big.time, while some unusual cruises will continue to go up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We have booked 3 cruises for 2021 at prices that were less on a per day basis than we paid in 2019.   Most recently we booked AQ1 for $131.pp per night with the beverage package and prepaid Gratuities.    We also did a L & S to 2022 which was a steal compared to the current price.   
I will say that with every “sale” I price check our bookings and in the past 3-4 months each promo takes the price higher.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I would love it if they brought in some uk deals that were just the cruise fare and not deals that included a free drinks package. It makes the base cost of the cruise too expensive for us... and pointless  as we both don’t drink alcohol. 
 We booked our last cruise ( cancelled with Covid) with Cunard for exactly this reason.

36 minutes ago, beaveh said:

I would love it if they brought in some uk deals that were just the cruise fare and not deals that included a free drinks package. It makes the base cost of the cruise too expensive for us... and pointless  as we both don’t drink alcohol. 
 We booked our last cruise ( cancelled with Covid) with Cunard for exactly this reason.

It is all about what suits you, personally we like having the drinks package and would now be reluctant to book a cruise with a line that didn’t offer a drinks package option. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, mcrcruiser said:

It seems to us that Celebrity prices are high  trying to get people back onto their ships once  it is safe to cruise again 

Their competitors ,like Princess seem lower  yet even including perks they seem to be high as well

We paid a little less for our next year’s cruise (identical) than we would have for this years if it had happened!

In our experience over the last few years Caribbean and world wide cruises have remained fairly static whilst Mediterranean cruises have become significantly more expensive. We only book suites so I don’t know if this is the trend for all room categories...

• Thanks 1

I have to say I haven't seen that myself.  We took a chance last week and booked a 7-Caribbean cruise on the Edge in March (fingers crossed).  We have a drink package, paid gratuities, and a Sunset Veranda for about $1000 pp.  We will see how it goes.

5 hours ago, chemmo said:

We paid a little less for our next year’s cruise (identical) than we would have for this years if it had happened!

In our experience over the last few years Caribbean and world wide cruises have remained fairly static whilst Mediterranean cruises have become significantly more expensive. We only book suites so I don’t know if this is the trend for all room categories...

Ah, that may well explain what I have been seeing.

We have been looking at Norway and the med, where prices are a lot more on Celebrity than Cunard who didn’t include a free drinks package. 
As people always say, there is never such a thing as a free drinks package, it’s just added into the cost of the cruise.

i would have loved a Norway cruise on celebrity. 

I am a Celebrity fan and loyalist but I definitely agree with you.
The prices have gone up tremendously and are much more than Princess

It is all about what suits you, personally we like having the drinks package and would now be reluctant to book a cruise with a line that didn’t offer a drinks package option. 

We would like the drinks package to be included in the fare, but they should not increase the fare by $60 per day (for 2 adults) to include the cost of the drinks package.

After all if you drink more, you eat less,[emoji6]

28 minutes ago, drsel said:

I am a Celebrity fan and loyalist but I definitely agree with you.
The prices have gone up tremendously and are much more than Princess

As long as people keep booking at these prices, Celebrity will keep them.  Until many of us start moving to Princess or others nothing will change,

• Like 1

We have just canceled this Dec 10 night Caribbean on Reflection and booked 10 nights Caribbean on Millie for Feb 2022 at same price , including drinks package. Happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have just canceled this Dec 10 night Caribbean on Reflection and booked 10 nights Caribbean on Millie for Feb 2022 at same price , including drinks package. Happy.

You will simply love Celebrity Millennium.
would you like to see my review?

Yep agree. Prices for Med from UK have gone shooting up

5 hours ago, drsel said:

We would like the drinks package to be included in the fare, but they should not increase the fare by $60 per day (for 2 adults) to include the cost of the drinks package.

After all if you drink more, you eat less,emoji6.png

If they increase the fare by $30 pp per day, then you are getting the drinks package at about half price.

And I still eat just as much! 😏

14 hours ago, jelayne said:

We have booked 3 cruises for 2021 at prices that were less on a per day basis than we paid in 2019.   Most recently we booked AQ1 for $131.pp per night with the beverage package and prepaid Gratuities.    We also did a L & S to 2022 which was a steal compared to the current price.   
I will say that with every “sale” I price check our bookings and in the past 3-4 months each promo takes the price higher.  

I had a TP for 2022, in a suite, booked when this cruise came available and feel my price was very good for 18 nights, with one great price drop.  Also, had three cruises including Flora booked for 2021.  My Flora cruise came down 5,000.  I changed one date and one was changed do to the ship being rented, so I had to move, but Celebrity gave me an extra 1,000 and the price had gone down too.  right now I feel very blessed to have a TP, TA(b2b)along with a decent price on Flora...except for Flora, most prices have gone up...

Edited by Lastdance

11 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

If you booked for 2021or 2022 Pre Covid you’re ok on pricing. If you book now or post Covid you’re going to get ripped off and a sucker. My 2022 Apex Cruise is now $2300 higher ....

We had a cruise booked for 11/21 prior to covid $3034 for two of us, it is now $4852!

• Like 1

One think I'm considering is with Cruise With Confidence scheduled to end with bookings made after Sept 30 I'm looking at booking an itinerary that I know usually has a fire sale during WOW season or after final payment.   With the price protection feature of CWC I'm willing to take the gamble.  If it doesn't go my way by final payment then I just loaned them some money for 9 months.  Bet I'm willing to take.

On 8/31/2020 at 10:38 AM, drsel said:

Can anyone kindly compare Princess with Celebrity. what are the differences?
what are the pros and cons of each?

I've been on the Celebrity Equinox and the Royal Princess.  Some quick thoughts... 

Rooms - Princess room seemed smaller and the balcony was a joke.  Two chairs barely fit.   The selection of movies and tv programing is better on Princess. I had a mini suite and liked the curtain separating the bed from the living area.  Each area has a tv, which was also nice. 

Ship - The Equinox has a more upscale feel and nicer furnishing.  It always seemed too bright on Royal Princess. It was my first time on the Royal Princess and I was not wowed when I got on.  

Entertainment - Princess definitely had more nightly entertainment until later in the evening. Movie under the stars is also very nice.   

Food - overall the Equinox was better except for the steakhouse and pizza.  Princess has the best pizza on any cruise line I have been.

Elevators - are really small on Princess, which means you are constantly waiting for one.  

Here is a review I started comparing Royal to Princess.  Most can be applied to Celebrity as well.