not staying logged in

Ditto to all of the above back to Page 1.

If this is indeed a problem with cookies, it's happening across all platforms, so let's point the finger correctly.  CC's servers are responsible for the the creation and storage of those cookies on member's machines.  Get it squared away.  Long overdue, and occurs so broadly, surely not a problem to trap an instance in-house and resolve it.  If that's a problem, ask a few of us with these issues to provide IT with samples of our extant cookies when this occurs.  Sigh.

Not sure is it is the same problem.  I had a hard time logging in. Showed my user name as logged in but said I still needed to log in.  When I tried to post it looked like I was quoting this entire thread.   I logged in on the CC home page but that didn't work in the forums.   Crazy stuff.  

Anyway, I think I'm logged in now.  Let's see if this post works.  

15 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Not sure is it is the same problem.  I had a hard time logging in. Showed my user name as logged in but said I still needed to log in.  When I tried to post it looked like I was quoting this entire thread.   I logged in on the CC home page but that didn't work in the forums.   Crazy stuff.  

Anyway, I think I'm logged in now.  Let's see if this post works.  

Yes, many of us have had this happen as well.  It all seems to be related to whatever problem is going on and still has not been fixed. 

• Like 1

The problem continues and it is not my old PC since I have just released a new PC with Windows 11 and from the first time I signed up, the problem occurred that I could not post, unsubscribe and re-enter until it was possible . It is frustrating what is happening and that the Administrators do nothing to solve it, maybe they are invirulated.

58 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

The problem continues and it is not my old PC since I have just released a new PC with Windows 11 and from the first time I signed up, the problem occurred that I could not post, unsubscribe and re-enter until it was possible . It is frustrating what is happening and that the Administrators do nothing to solve it, maybe they are invirulated.

Likely the backend IT is outsourced.  The administrators are probably frustrated too. I don’t understand why only some have issues. Knock on wood but I have none of them. There is another thread here on iPad issues and have no issue using my iPad on Cruise Critic. I am quoting and replying to your post from an iPad. 

4 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

Likely the backend IT is outsourced.  The administrators are probably frustrated too. I don’t understand why only some have issues. Knock on wood but I have none of them. There is another thread here on iPad issues and have no issue using my iPad on Cruise Critic. I am quoting and replying to your post from an iPad. 

equally as frustrated as I had to log in on my phone to reply!  My chrome browser is giving me fits today.   

Unfortunately  there is not a fix in place yet, however once there is I will reply here to let you know 

• Like 2

Count me in - was having the 'half logged in' problems for awhile, easy enough to work around.  Yesterday found myself completely logged out, with no ability to even have the login fields pop up.  No luck in desktop mode on my phone either, didn't try on an actual computer.

Realized today that I can successfully login on my phone via  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/login/ in incognito mode - not optimal but I'll take it, I guess.

I'm glad I found this forum.  I'm not a regular poster, but I had been going back and forth with several on my roll call this past week.  All was good until Friday.  Like others, I had the experience of appearing logged in but then not being allowed to post or getting into a "you must log in" loop.

With the help of this forum, I discovered going to an incognito in Chrome.  That's allowed me to log in, reply to the roll call, and actually reply here.

For reference, the issues were both on a Windows laptop (trying Chrome and Edge) and an iPhone (Chrome).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, RemPuck said:

I'm glad I found this forum.  I'm not a regular poster, but I had been going back and forth with several on my roll call this past week.  All was good until Friday.  Like others, I had the experience of appearing logged in but then not being allowed to post or getting into a "you must log in" loop.

With the help of this forum, I discovered going to an incognito in Chrome.  That's allowed me to log in, reply to the roll call, and actually reply here.

For reference, the issues were both on a Windows laptop (trying Chrome and Edge) and an iPhone (Chrome).

I was excited to read your post and immediately tried the incognito method.  Unfortunately, it did not help me.  I’m glad you found relief.  I think it is time for th CC IT team to come home from vacation.  This problem has existed far too long.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I was excited to read your post and immediately tried the incognito method.  Unfortunately, it did not help me.  I’m glad you found relief.  I think it is time for th CC IT team to come home from vacation.  This problem has existed far too long.

I am using InPrivate on Edge and it is working for me.  I don't know why and I hope I haven't jinxed it by talking about it.  

2 hours ago, dfish said:

I am using InPrivate on Edge and it is working for me.  I don't know why and I hope I haven't jinxed it by talking about it.  

Just now, dfish said:

I did jinx it.  No longer working.

Having a day or so, or a few days, without a problem doesn't mean CC has fixed anything.    

In any event, there's no reason why anyone should have to use an incognito browser to access CC. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

Having a day or so, or a few days, without a problem doesn't mean CC has fixed anything.    

In any event, there's no reason why anyone should have to use an incognito browser to access CC. 

I jinxed myself last week too.  Thought it was fixed but it isn’t.  Extremely frustrating and waste of time always having to clear my cache or whatever it’s called then having to sign in again.  

I'm using Edge on a surface pro since my iPad doesn't work.  Now, when I go straight to the boards, it shows me logged out and I can't log in.  Nothing happens when I click the sign in buttons at the top of the page, and in the threads.  To get logged in, I had to go out to the main CC page and hit the login button.  

13 hours ago, Virga said:

Realized today that I can successfully login on my phone via  https://boards.cruisecritic.com/login/ in incognito mode - not optimal but I'll take it, I guess.

Chrome on Android on my phone is nearly impossible to use with the site right now. The login button doesn't do anything when you click on it. Thanks to Virga's suggestion upthread I was able to log in via the linked page in incognito mode, but that's a hacky workaround at best.

It’s Monday and I’m still unable to log in using Google.

Luckily, I am still able to log in using Safari on iPhone and iPad. I posted under one of the other threads but haven’t seen a reply from the moderators since so thought I’d ask in another thread. I deleted all cookies from CruiseCritic.com but that didn’t help. 

Anything else I should try?  I much prefer using Google over Safari so hopefully this problem will be solved sooner than later…

Thanks in advance for any help with this! 

I'm using incognito on Chrome today and it is working for now.   InPrivate didn't work this morning, but it did last night.  Yes, it is a hacky work around and not one that can be depended on.   My IT relative said it is definitely on their end and the degree of difficulty will lie in whether it is a software issue from them or a hosting issue.   I say shut it down and get it fixed.  What good is a website that no one can use?  The problem is becoming more and more widespread.