not staying logged in

On 11/29/2021 at 6:19 AM, Host Kat said:

See her notice titled October 19, 2021: Log In Issues in the red bar at the top of all forums

I see the red bar has now been removed. Does this mean a solution has been found & implemented? 🤞

Hope springs eternal.

4 hours ago, flossie009 said:

I see the red bar has now been removed. Does this mean a solution has been found & implemented? 🤞

Hope springs eternal.

So so sorry, but no. We are having problems with members "forgetting" about the June 21, 2021 COVID related discussion policy. Administrators and Hosts felt it was best to put it back as a banner again. It was a banner before and was still in the Announcements as Policy regarding COVID related Discussions. However, some members seem to need more of an "in your face reminder" at this time.

• Thanks 1

I'll add another twist to this - it's not possible to log out, either ... at least in one case.

Using Firefox on my Android phone, I often find that I can no longer interact with content (up vote a post, reply to a post, etc.) on a previously opened CC page, but can still read the page.  When I go to the "Log Out" option (with the expectation of logging in again), I am told there has been an error logging me out. 

"Something went wrong.  Please try again."  "Error code 2S119/1"

Returning to the page with the browser's back button finds me logged in again (I haven't actually done anything to log in - no username/pw, etc.) and able to interact with the content again.

• Like 2

I am SO tired of wasting my time typing a comment, hitting Submit, and discovering yet again that THE ENTIRE THREAD is in my comment, meaning that   I’m not really logged in, and that I have to clear the CC cookies for the zillionth time in a week (since at that point I’m not able to log out).  Then I have to log back in, and do it all over again. 

I am at a complete loss to understand how and why these problems have not been fixed. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

I am SO tired of wasting my time typing a comment, hitting Submit, and discovering yet again that THE ENTIRE THREAD is in my comment, meaning that   I’m not really logged in, and that I have to clear the CC cookies for the zillionth time in a week (since at that point I’m not able to log out).  Then I have to log back in, and do it all over again. 

I am at a complete loss to understand how and why these problems have not been fixed. 

@Turtles06

Posting your frustration on the boards does no good. Per the Guidelines you are directed to send an email containing any comments, questions or feedback regarding board management to LauraS, Senior Manager Community, at community@cruisecritic.com. Please remember to send your email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and mention your Cruise Critic user name.

Thanking you in advance for your patience and cooperation,

Host Kat emo32.gif

On 12/9/2021 at 3:27 PM, Host Kat said:

Posting your frustration on the boards does no good

Sorry, but IMO venting on this Board does help:

• It lets other CC members know that they are not alone with their frustrations & difficulties
  • It allows CC members to share possible ‘sticking plaster’ solutions
  • It lets off steam

I am on a cruise trying to do a live blog using my iPad and I never know whether I will be successful or not - so frustrating.

We know the CC Techies are working with the website developers to try to sort out all the gremlins, but regular updates on progress would be good …….,… or simply a statement admitting that the issues are unfixable and that CC members will just have to live with the site as it is.

I would have posted this earlier but the website problems frustrated my previous efforts 🤯

Edited by flossie009
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, flossie009 said:

Sorry, but IMO venting on this Board does help:

• It lets other CC members know that they are not alone with their frustrations & difficulties
  • It allows CC members to share possible ‘sticking plaster’ solutions
  • It lets off steam

I am on a cruise trying to do a live blog using my iPad and I never know whether I will be successful or not - so frustrating.

We know the CC Techies are working with the website developers to try to sort out all the gremlins, but regular updates on progress would be good …….,… or simply a statement admitting that the issues are unfixable and that CC members will just have to live with the site as it is.

I would have posted this earlier but the website problems frustrated my previous efforts 🤯

I fully understand your position... however you have mentioned different types of posts. Those that let members know they are not alone and offer help are one type. They are welcome. The other type that "lets off steam" regarding board management is not allowed.

The Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships contain the following:

"... Discussion of the management of this community is not allowed on the forums..." 

"... However, we would be happy to address any concerns you have via email.   Please write to the Community Manager at:  community@cruisecritic.com..."

"... The Community Manager has overall control of everything that happens within the Community. The Community Manager oversees how the board is styled, what forums to create and how to organize them, is responsible for our Rules of Participation, what information to require from members and who to appoint as Community Hosts. You may contact the Community Manager at: community@cruisecritic.com ..."

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

To all reading this thread:

Please send your email with your questions/comments/feedback concerning board management to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com. Also, please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record needs to be updated first, please see the following pinned thread toward the top of the first page of this forum: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name

using always the latest chrome version on windows 10

my CC window is always open one tab. i'm never logged out. i never log out.  never have to reenter password or user name. but after some indeterminate period of time i need to refresh the page in order to post or get notifications thru chrome. i guess this sorta means i'm logged out, but not really. i never get taken to a log in page. its just hitting refresh that fixes it all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

using always the latest chrome version on windows 10

my CC window is always open one tab. i'm never logged out. i never log out.  never have to reenter password or user name. but after some indeterminate period of time i need to refresh the page in order to post or get notifications thru chrome. i guess this sorta means i'm logged out, but not really. i never get taken to a log in page. its just hitting refresh that fixes it all. 

Does not mean you are logged out. Do you have push notifications enabled?

5 minutes ago, luckyinpa said:

yes i have push on and dont really even care about that per se. but i just got on my machine for the first time today and pressed the little bell to see what notifications i have it it just sits there and spins. i have to reload the page. 

I consistently have problems accessing the notifications showing on the little bell.  I'm logged in, but when I click on the green number next to the little bell, the circle just sits and spins.   In reality, I don't think I'm actually logged in, because I'm unable to log out.  The only way I can get the notifications to work in these circumstances is to clear the CC cookies for the ten millionth time and then log back in.

@CC Help Jenn I would hope that all of the many examples in this thread would assist your IT folks in determining what is wrong and fixing it.  Thank you.   

FWIW, here's the error message and error code that I got on my iPhone yesterday when I had the eternally spinning cursor notification and tried to log out:

00-m8Z7QgQNSN1pSiWVw3FAIG1nv5s5FgYR4GzGtunnUQY3nHBLEfzbdfkWQPU6lyo9Kwg5ydwHipy3aIZBf9dNYQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=small&ts=1639922536

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

yes i have push on and dont really even care about that per se. but i just got on my machine for the first time today and pressed the little bell to see what notifications i have it it just sits there and spins. i have to reload the page. 

I always have to reload the page to see the notifications on the bell and update my activity streams.  I am using Safari on a M1 MacBook Air that has 16GB of RAM. So it is not the computer. I don't use Chrome because it is a memory hog.  I don't consider  reloading it to be a problem. It has to do with certain web sites. There are some  other web sites like that. Web sites with a lot of cruft. Ads and ad trackers. Many  news web sites I need to reload. Google News alwqys needs refresh.  Probably Cruise Critic is loaded with trackers and ads (which I am blocking)  and that is causing the reloads. I don't have the log in issues.that others report.  About once every three weeks I have to log back in.. 

Edited by Charles4515

For notifications to be updated, the site would have to be actively monitoring for new content. Refreshing will see what has happened since you last looked at it. I don't consider that a flaw; personally that is the behaviour that I would like.

6 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

@CC Help Jenn I've been unable all morning to log in on my iOS devices (iPad and phone)  -- tried on both Safari and Chrome on those devices.  I've cleared the cookies multiple times, still unable to log on.  I've only been able to log on on my Windows laptop using Chrome.

Any idea what to do?  Thanks.

I just found myself without permission to view my default stream. This generally means I'm logged out and so it appears. I went to the main CC page and logged in, successfully. But I still did not have permission to view my default stream. Still looks like I am logged out. BUT, I can see my notification list and access the various new notifications. It also appears that I can post.

4 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

It may be fixed now, I reported when I saw your message BUT could also not log in to reply sooner!

Thank you for your patience

😭 Hard to tell. I just tried to reply to a post and for the first time I experienced the edit full of thread posts issue and an indication I was not logged in. Fortunately a page refresh resolved the issue.

• 5 weeks later...