not staying logged in

14 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

The problem just appeared a few days ago, although I am logged in, it tells me to register, every time I want to post a message I have to logoff and login, I delete the cookies and the problem continues either with the Firefox or the Edge.

It’s been on going for awhile.  It seems they are having trouble finding a solution to the issue.  It’s frustrating to say the least but…will just have to be patient longer and hope they find a remedy. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, SevenSeas1492 said:

I have to log in almost every time I visit.  Sometimes when I am logged in, it tells me that I cannot post a new topic or reply to messages, and I have to log out and back in if I want to post.  

Yes, this has been going on a long time now and I guess the IT department has been unable to fix it.   I have to delete the cache every time or it won’t let me “like” a post or click on the posts I’m following or post.  

• Like 3

I’m experiencing this issue (being logged out and able to give likes etc) on my iPad and iPhone when using Safari as the browser (on ios15) - I just tried using the Microsoft Edge browser on those devices and it works fine. It even seem to have triggered something that is allowing the site to work when I use Safari. Hopefully that continues

33 minutes ago, Stickman1990 said:

I’m experiencing this issue (being logged out and able to give likes etc) on my iPad and iPhone when using Safari as the browser (on ios15) - I just tried using the Microsoft Edge browser on those devices and it works fine. It even seem to have triggered something that is allowing the site to work when I use Safari. Hopefully that continues

How do I get Microsoft edge on my iPhone?

53 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

How do I get Microsoft edge on my iPhone?

First a word of caution - I’m not so sure now that it’s fixed the issue - maybe I just got lucky earlier with this intermittent bug as I’ve experienced the same issues periodically since posting

It’s available in the App Store 

4E3B56C5-8BAE-4439-902E-0C43454A42B6.thumb.png.275530e5e220be842763d880dba69d28.png

I sincerely believe that the CC IT staff is not doing anything to solve this problem since it has been present for more than a year. It is annoying to be unsubscribing and then registering again every time you want to post a post or visit the roll calls.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, gerelmx said:

I sincerely believe that the CC IT staff is not doing anything to solve this problem since it has been present for more than a year. It is annoying to be unsubscribing and then registering again every time you want to post a post or visit the roll calls.

Actually, they did do something a few weeks ago.  They made the problem even worse, especially (but not entirely) on iOS devices.

And, ironically, I just found myself logged out and had to log back in again. 

But, as you said, this has been a known problem for about a year.  It is beyond annoying and frustrating. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have to log in every time I want to post.  i've just about had it with this site.  Why didn't they leave it alone when it worked?  Instead they "improved it" and totally wrecked it.

FIX it PLEASE.

Edited by TeaBag
  • Like 1

I hope this helps someone. When I get to the main forum page I do a hard reset, for me on a MacBook it is command R. This seems to  'help' for a bit. I believe for a PC it is F5. My staying logged in issues seem to have gotten better, for now.

I also agree for a company this size these IT issues are far to common. For what it's worth here is what I found out on who owns Cruisecritic.com:

"Expedia Inc.: Owns Expedia.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire.com, Venere.com, TripAdvisor.com — plus TripAdvisor subsidiaries CruiseCritic.com, BookingBuddy.com, SmarterTravel.com, SeatGuru.com, AirfareWatchdog.com and IndependentTraveler.com. Orbitz Worldwide: Owns Orbitz.com, CheapTickets.com and RatestoGo.com."

Well, now we are back to some stuff that supposedly had been fixed.  In the past couple of days, not only have I been kicked off several times each day on all my devices (the year-long problem that still hasn't been fixed), but when it appeared that I was logged on, if I tried to post a comment on a thread, my comment pulled in the ENTIRE thread.   We went through this circus weeks ago.

Also, while it appears that I am logged on, if I have a number in the notification bell and try to view the notification, all I get is the spinning wheel that never stops spinning.  In addition, most of the blue circles and stars to the left of thread titles are greyed out.  All this while it appears that I am logged on.

I truly do not understand why it is taking as long as it has been taking to fix these recurring and extremely frustrating problems.  I have NO such problems on any site where I have logged on and chosen to remain logged on.  Yes, we don't pay to use this site.  But we are the goods that are being marketed to advertisers and, as noted by @Mike981 above, CC is part of a very large family of travel-related web sites.

I am flagging this round of problems for @CC Help Jenn

• Like 1

I am having a different but similar problem.    It has been occurring on iPhone and PC using various browsers.

I am logged in but when I try to respond to a message I get a list of messages and at the very bottom is a button to LogIn.    The LogIn link doesn't work no matter what I do.    I've tried going  up to my name on  the menu bar but LOGOUT is missing.     I'm using Firefox on PC and if I go to incognito it works fine.   On PC I use Safari but recently even clearing Cache isn't working.

The only way I can resolve is going in and clearing my cache for all website.   Royal pain or sure.  

This has been going on for 2-3 weeks and seems to be getting worse

• Like 4

On 10/11/2021 at 6:29 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I am having a different but similar problem.    It has been occurring on iPhone and PC using various browsers.

I am logged in but when I try to respond to a message I get a list of messages and at the very bottom is a button to LogIn.    The LogIn link doesn't work no matter what I do.    I've tried going  up to my name on  the menu bar but LOGOUT is missing.     I'm using Firefox on PC and if I go to incognito it works fine.   On PC I use Safari but recently even clearing Cache isn't working.

The only way I can resolve is going in and clearing my cache for all website.   Royal pain or sure.  

This has been going on for 2-3 weeks and seems to be getting worse

Yes, it is getting worse. I’m using Safari on an iPhone XS running iOS 15, if that helps anyone, and I’m having to log in again and again throughout the day. Sometimes logging in doesn’t seem to help, and I have to completely shut down the site, close my browser tab, and open a new tab. Or I have to clear my cache for this site. That actually works the most reliably. But as others have said, I don’t have these issues on any other site. 

8 hours ago, canadianbear said:

@CC Help Jenn

I don’t want to jinx this BUT…today has been the best day in forever it seems.  I haven’t been logged out, been able to comment or like a post etc 

Fingers crossed this is all resolved.

Happy for you, but as I picked up my iPad for the first time this morning, I found myself logged out, as I did several times yesterday and all week on all my devices. Certainly doesn’t seem fixed to me.  🙁

1 hour ago, Turtles06 said:

Happy for you, but as I picked up my iPad for the first time this morning, I found myself logged out, as I did several times yesterday and all week on all my devices. Certainly doesn’t seem fixed to me.  🙁

And adding to what I wrote earlier, I've just opened CC on my laptop for the first time this morning, and was logged out there as well.  Problem not fixed.

Generally, this has only been a problem on my iPad.  You are showing name, but not logged in.  Login button not working.  Have a devil of a time getting it to show logged out, so I can log in.  Today it happened for the first time on my Surface Pro.  Chrome on pc, safari on iPad.  No idea how to clear cache on iPad.  EM

Edited by Essiesmom

@Essiesmom

i don’t have an iPad but if it’s like the iPhone I learned to do this and it helped:

go to settings & scroll to safari & click on it then scroll to bottom and click on advanced 

then click on website data and then click on  show all sites (at bottom).  Press edit and look for CruiseCritic: mine had 3 that I had to clear which were:  CruiseCritic.com; CC.co.uk; Cc.net

When I cleared all 3 I could then log back in to CC and all worked.  But…this has been going on for months but “touch wood” it’s worked well for me yesterday and today so far which is a huge improvement.

I hope maybe this helps you.  

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, canadianbear said:

go to settings & scroll to safari & click on it then scroll to bottom and click on advanced 

then click on website data and then click on  show all sites (at bottom).  Press edit and look for CruiseCritic: mine had 3 that I had to clear which were:  CruiseCritic.com; CC.co.uk; Cc.net

I have done this so many times in my iOS devices I’ve lost count. Doesn’t help. And, like others, I also have the problem on my Windows laptop (Chrome), despite clearing the cookies there. 

36 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

I have done this so many times in my iOS devices I’ve lost count. Doesn’t help. And, like others, I also have the problem on my Windows laptop (Chrome), despite clearing the cookies there. 

Ok. Well I have too for months now but yesterday and today it has been like before-no issues.   Who the heck knows what the gremlins are doing! 

I am having issues on my Windows laptop.  The last fix a few months ago got rid of all the problems I had been having and was logged in since then.  Now, I can't stay logged in at all and at times, can't even load the login window.  I manually deleted the cruise critic cookies and that helped me at least get a log in screen but then I get logged out when inactive.  Hope this posts as I typed it before and it poofed.  

edit:  I was able to get this to post using an incognito window with Chrome.

Edited by reallyitsmema