New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

2 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Is the part missing that lists the Brilliance?

Yes, see the whole press release in post #1. Brilliance is one of 6 ships that will change itineraries next summer. It looks like it will take Rhapsody’s place from Ravenna, Italy. 

3 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Yes, see the whole press release in post #1. Brilliance is one of 6 ships that will change itineraries next summer. It looks like it will take Rhapsody’s place from Ravenna, Italy. 

That is the Friday one that Royal removed.  Still waiting for the supposedly corrected copy to be released.

9 minutes ago, WeMissSeaView said:

Is the part missing that lists the Brilliance?

Yes I was just showing the Royal reps reply but a phone rep I just talked to said they are still figuring it out and couldn’t say if it was happening or not

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, elaineb said:

I will be very sad as I specifically picked Brilliance due to it being a smaller ship.  Also, due to a bad fall and 2 surgeries I missed a family cruise to Aruba and Curacao.  So I was really looking forward to this cruise in June, not to mention we got it at a steal!  I hope we hear soon. 

Either way, it looks like the Independence may be taking over the previously planned sailings of the Brilliance for the summer of 2021 if the original post is accurate, when RCCL finally reveals its plans and leaves them posted.

I feel sorry for you booking a smaller ship and not it being moved to the other side of the world on you.  As for us as a family of 6, I was looking forward to sailing on the Brilliance for the first time, but if they offer us the opportunity to keep our cabins at the prices we booked them at and just switch us to the Independence, I think our kids will be overjoyed.  So much more to do on the Independence than the Brilliance for the kids.

Checked our cruise booked on the Brilliance for summer 2021.  It still reads we are sailing on the Brilliance, but it no longer lists Aruba, Curacao, and Labadee.  It lists the following... (only lists the first 4 days).  That is different than it was showing a week ago.

8 night southern caribbean cruise

1. MIAMI, FLORIDA
  2. CRUISING
  3. CRUISING
  4. CRUISING

8 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes!

🎼🎵🎶

Some beach
Somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair
Palm trees are growing and warm breezes blowing...
 🎼🎵🎶

Going to try again. to make it down there later this year  We lived in Marathon for 30+ years

• Like 1

So Royal is just messing with my head at this point! I've been checking my cruise planner prices diligently ever since they were available for our British Isles cruise in July. Now that I've lost faith that the cruise will actually sail, they put the things I was looking at on sale! Ugh!

• Like 1

So....if Royal changes the ship on you (Independence instead of Brilliance), will they give us a chance to cancel with 125% FCC?  If not, and I cancel, how long would I have a chance to use FCC?  The cruise is June 19, 2021.  I am not sure what date they use for the clock to start ticking.  I would prefer to use credit in 2022 as we have something with Celebrity booked in Nov 21.

OK, I just got off the phone with Rudy at RCL. He told me that this posting is only for 2020 and does NOT affect our sailing on JOS. She will sail from Amsterdam this coming Summer and remains on the 12-night cruises. No port changes whatsoever for 2021.

1 hour ago, erinsmom03 said:

So Royal is just messing with my head at this point! I've been checking my cruise planner prices diligently ever since they were available for our British Isles cruise in July. Now that I've lost faith that the cruise will actually sail, they put the things I was looking at on sale! Ugh!

Mine too for the Jewel Baltic.  I think they might be trying to generate that last little bit of cash before they pull the plug on all these extended sailings.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chawkjewel said:

Mine too for the Jewel Baltic.  I think they might be trying to generate that last little bit of cash before they pull the plug on all these extended sailings.

When is yours for the Baltic? Ours is June 21st out of Amsterdam, thank goodness it's still on!

8 minutes ago, johnjen said:

When is yours for the Baltic? Ours is June 21st out of Amsterdam, thank goodness it's still on!

Same one.  I'm not confident that it will go because I think they are, more than anything, trying to shorten the cruises.  I doubt we will go for a 7 night cruise if it doesn't include the overnight in St. Petersburg.  Time will tell.  I, like everyone else, just wish they would announce already.  Thankfully, we haven't considered air travel yet.  

21 hours ago, NancyIL said:

The only ports mentioned on the Press Release for Jewel out of Copenhagen/Stockholm are Helsinki, Tallinn, and Visby. That doesn't necessarily mean those are the only ports the ship will visit. If you have a Baltic cruise booked on Adventure, then hopefully Jewel will have a similar itinerary.

On the other hand, Jewel originally had 2 British Isles cruises in May and July from Amsterdam, and I'm doubtful those will happen if the ship sails from Copenhagen or Stockholm.

Gee if true I guess St Pete migjt be out then. Time will tell. Radiance class ships have lots of glass windows.

44 minutes ago, johnjen said:

OK, I just got off the phone with Rudy at RCL. He told me that this posting is only for 2020 and does NOT affect our sailing on JOS. She will sail from Amsterdam this coming Summer and remains on the 12-night cruises. No port changes whatsoever for 2021.

I can only dream this was true. I don't think you can honestly reach anyone at RCL that knows what is going on. The post was definitely about summer 2021. Whether or not it will all happen the way it was stated in that "press release" remains to be seen. I don't have much confidence in our British Isles 12 night on Jewel happening... I've started looking into alternate plans. 

• Like 2