New Summer 2021 Itinerary changes

irishgal432

On 9/18/2020 at 11:57 AM, Ashland said:

And will this affect my British Isles on X Reflection July 30, 2021 ?

This press release applies only to Royal Caribbean ships. You'll have to check for press releases from Celebrity to see if there are changes to Reflection's itineraries.

Just now, NancyIL said:

This press release applies only to Royal Caribbean ships. You'll have to check for press releases from Celebrity to see if there are changes to Reflection's itineraries.

Nothing has been released so far...but those on our roll call are keeping our fingers crossed.

It's just that X seems to follow RCI at times.

The cruise lines have no control over their inability to cruise right now. However, for RCI to tinker with the itineraries of 6 ships spanning ~ 7 months of sailing, and with as little as 7 months' notice - is just asking for a lot of people to get pissed off!

Edited by NancyIL

2 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Adventure is showing a 4 night out of Galveston on April 26th, so that pretty much shows the April 21 TA isn’t happening.  Just gives more credence to the validity of the phantom press release. 

You're seeing that in Royal's site? Or another site? I don't see this April 26 Adventure cruise when I just checked their site.

4 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

The cruise lines have no control over their inability to cruise right now. However, for RCI to tinker with the itineraries of 6 ships spanning ~ 7 months of sailing, and with as little as 7 months' notice - is just asking for a lot of people to get pissed off!

Pissed off?  All the cruise lines will need to be 'tinkering' based on what the rules are and plans to sail safely.  I think that 7  months is a massive amount of notice all things considered.  I can be 'frustrated' with the overall situation, but pissed off?  Nope, they are trying to save their business and with the ever-changing rules and lockdowns across all countries, it's not like they have a choice.  And that press release that was accidentally posted could be completely wrong, but even it's not, all cruise lines are going to probably have to alter a large amount of their sailings. Look at Carnival doing huge layoffs because they are making the fleet smaller.  I'm sure other lines will have layoffs as well.  So if I'm 'inconvenienced' by only have 6 months notice of changes, I'll be grateful that it gives me plenty of time to reorganize my plans.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

You're seeing that in Royal's site? Or another site? I don't see this April 26 Adventure cruise when I just checked their site.

It was on the website yesterday, but not showing today. The April 21st TA is still missing though.

1 minute ago, lr657 said:

It was on the website yesterday, but not showing today. The April 21st TA is still missing though.

Thank you for clarifying! I really hope the TA takes place as it's currently planned. We are so looking forward to this itinerary.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Adventure's 18-night TA is on my travel agency's web site, too. However, according to RCI's released and then deleted press release (see post #1) - Adventure and Jewel are swapping home ports in summer 2021. Adventure will sail from Barcelona, and Jewel will sail from Copenhagen and Stockholm.

Reread post #108. Suncoastsailors is booked on a 7-night May 23 Adventure cruise out of Copenhagen. The RCI agent admitted Adventure is also scheduled for a May 27 cruise out of Barcelona. Think about it!

I'm super hoping this is the case. I'd be fine on Jewel if it meant I get to keep my ten day sailing out of Copenhagen

28 minutes ago, lr657 said:

I still see the 4-night Adventure cruise from Galveston on 4/26/21 on RCI‘s web site:

F0318AE6-7D85-4111-AF48-215CA435AE52.png

Edited by NancyIL

31 minutes ago, rockmom said:

Pissed off?  All the cruise lines will need to be 'tinkering' based on what the rules are and plans to sail safely.  I think that 7  months is a massive amount of notice all things considered.  I can be 'frustrated' with the overall situation, but pissed off?  Nope, they are trying to save their business and with the ever-changing rules and lockdowns across all countries, it's not like they have a choice.  And that press release that was accidentally posted could be completely wrong, but even it's not, all cruise lines are going to probably have to alter a large amount of their sailings. Look at Carnival doing huge layoffs because they are making the fleet smaller.  I'm sure other lines will have layoffs as well.  So if I'm 'inconvenienced' by only have 6 months notice of changes, I'll be grateful that it gives me plenty of time to reorganize my plans.  

I think a cruise cancellation is less problematic than an alteration of ship and/or itinerary - but that's just me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I still see the 4-night Adventure cruise from Galveston on 4/26/21 on RCI‘S web site:

Thanks for posting the screenshot... it's not showing up for me on RCI's site.   The last date I see for that 4 night Western is April 12th.  So strange.    

Edited by hancogran

1 hour ago, hancogran said:

Thanks for posting the screenshot... it's not showing up for me on RCI's site.   The last date I see for that 4 night Western is April 12th.  So strange.    

I decided to check to see if it was something to do with Mobile vs Desktop site differences. However, the April 26 cruise is appearing on both sites as of this time. 2 hours ago it was not on the site. So who knows what's going on with it. I guess we'll know when an official press release comes out and we receive this letter Royal speaks of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hancogran said:

I'm on that sailing too.  I do see the 4/26/21 sailing on RCCL's website.  On other websites I see the 4/21/21 TA.  Bummer if the TA is changed.

3 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Exactly!  RCL encourages everyone to L&S or move cruises out so they can keep the money.  Then, they change itineraries around on most of their ships without a care for anyone’s vacation plans.  I see a European River Cruise and several land vacations in our future!

• Like 2

They don't care about passengers, they let you know the changes at the last minute when you can no longer do anything, And don't even think about raising your voice. And if you booked with travel agent the matter is worse, they ignore you, they simply tell you talk to your TA.

Edited by gerelmx

2 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

The first cruise for Jewel from Barcelona on the U.K. web site is showing as September 13th until then departures are showing from Copenhagen.

Hmmmm.....we are booked on that 13 Sep 2021 10 night Jewel of the Seas Iberian Peninsula cruise. 

Maybe there is still hope?!

27 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I really wish they would just get on with it and tell us what is going on... I'm already looking at alternate vacation plans for next summer. Who has a favorite place to stay on the beach in Florida lol

I do😉

IMG_20200810_095443_274.thumb.jpg.7772d2c71e634c0a3c6b8f1997dfe351.jpg

Cocoa Beach

IMG_20160211_163604.thumb.jpg.2b007ed627689de159151507c28dc160.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 10