Another possible CDC no-sail extension?

Do you work for the FDA?  How do you know when it will be approved?  Esp? Please let me in on your secret source. I sure would like to know when it will be approved. I have elderly parents I want to protect. 

If you actually have information, please post it. I'm really wanting to know. 
It was widely reported that the FDA told states to "be ready for a vaccine on November 2nd". Google it and you will find it. Sorry you don't believe that politics are overruling what scientists, and doctors and the CDC and FDA should be doing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Do you work for the FDA?  How do you know when it will be approved?  Esp? Please let me in on your secret source. I sure would like to know when it will be approved. I have elderly parents I want to protect. 

If you actually have information, please post it. I'm really wanting to know. 
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trump-administration-asks-states-to-be-ready-for-vaccine-by-november-11599075477

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

It was widely reported that the FDA told states to "be ready for a vaccine on November 2nd". Google it and you will find it. Sorry you don't believe that politics are overruling what scientists, and doctors and the CDC and FDA should be doing.

This ^^^^^ absolutely !!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

So if you know that date is incorrect, what date is correct. Obviously you must know to know that date is wrong. 

My cruise is in February so I'd like to know what you claim is the real date? How do you know that date is incorrect? Surely you must know something or is this like judge Judy says you are making it up as you go along? I'm dying for some real information. Not guesses and made up information. 

Ok you posted a link saying to be ready by November... that doesnt mean it will, he just said be ready. Be ready isn't a firm date for approval by fda. He says be ready.. I'm ready. So when? Please leave your politics out of this. I really want to know.

Rules here say no politics... can you stick to a date? My cruise leaves feb, and lift and shift might end sept 30. Looking for real answers. .. soon. Before sept 30

Edited by firefly333

So if you know that date is incorrect, what date is correct. Obviously you must know to know that date is wrong. 

My cruise is in February so I'd like to know what you claim is the real date? How do you know that date is incorrect? Surely you must know something or is this like judge Judy says you are making it up as you go along? I'm dying for some real information. Not guesses and made up information. 
If you can't see that timeline is not pure politics then you are as blind as the bat that gave us Covid 19.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

It says be ready   .. no release date given. 

It's politics at play. It's so there can be a press conference with a lot of hot air and BS with words like "cure" being thrown around. When that press conference happens, please think back to this discussion. P U R E P I O L I T I C S.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMESCC said:

It's politics at play. It's so there can be a press conference with a lot of hot air and BS with words like "cure" being thrown around. When that press conference happens, please think back to this discussion. P U R E P I O L I T I C S.

I'm just tired of posts that have no real information when we can sail again.

With a dose of personal politics thrown I.  I need to decide soon what to do about my feb b2b. And now they release something about getting a covid test 5 days before .. what about the 2nd leg. I need answers and all I get is rumors and what people think but dont know. 

My parents are 94 and 102 so yes I'm interested in getting vaccinated, but real information. 

Now with the covid test thing today one more question no one has a answer for. I'm sure hoping before lift and shift over rcl or someone will give us some real answers. 

3 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

With a dose of personal politics thrown I.  I need to decide soon what to do about my feb b2b. And now they release something about getting a covid test 5 days before .. what about the 2nd leg. I need answers and all I get is rumors and what people think but dont know. 

My parents are 94 and 102 so yes I'm interested in getting vaccinated, but real information. 

Now with the covid test thing today one more question no one has a answer for. I'm sure hoping before lift and shift over rcl or someone will give us some real answers. 

There are no answers, none. 

Everything here is speculation, connect the dots, and reading between the lines. 

Sorry we can't be of more help

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

What, exactly, do you expect? The boards have been full of speculation or months because, still, none of us knows anything. Reading the boards just seems to be frustrating you more... along with what ever is going on in Russia with some vaccine.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Canaveral Port Authority based their 20/21 budget on projections that the cruise lines sailing from Port Canaveral will return to sailing with one ship each at 50% capacity, beginning in January, 2021.  They are also projecting a second ship from each line will be added sailing from Port Canaveral in April.  

I’m sure they don’t have a crystal ball but perhaps they have some idea if they are comfortable basing their budget on those dates/numbers.

Source:  Florida Today

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The Canaveral Port Authority based their 20/21 budget on projections that the cruise lines sailing from Port Canaveral will return to sailing with one ship each at 50% capacity, beginning in January, 2021.  They are also projecting a second ship from each line will be added sailing from Port Canaveral in April.  

I’m sure they don’t have a crystal ball but perhaps they have some idea if they are comfortable basing their budget on those dates/numbers.

Source:  Florida Today
I sure hope so.

42 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

There are no answers, none. 

Everything here is speculation, connect the dots, and reading between the lines. 

Sorry we can't be of more help

Nobody knows anything for sure .If they did they would be speaking all over the universe.We are have GUESSES.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Nobody has real answers, but logic and common sense do come into play.  There are a few things we have heard hints of more than once, from more than one cruise line.  One of those things is that cruising will begin with “short cruises”.  We also read that MSC would not permit B2B cruises.  I would be very concerned about a B2B as early as February.  Would your mind possibly be more at ease if you were to cancel the second leg, with the idea that you could rebook it on board after a few days on the ship?

35 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

What, exactly, do you expect? The boards have been full of speculation or months because, still, none of us knows anything. Reading the boards just seems to be frustrating you more... along with what ever is going on in Russia with some vaccine.

I posted one time that someone said they have a vaccine in russia. Hardly a big deal, just posted as informational. 

I am worried what to do about my b2b in February but guess I'll keep letting it ride. Without information it's hard to know what is best to do. When I booked it and used a fcc to pay off one leg from cancelled april cruise, February seemed a mile away, but with lift and shift possibly ending, my booking is a lot more complicated than i would like. 

Guess just forgetaboutit and see what happens. At least we still have cwc if I cant do the b2b. I do hope rcl comes out with some actual firm rules soon. 

21 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

We also read that MSC would not permit B2B cruises.  I would be very concerned about a B2B as early as February.

Hmmm, I wonder if that’s true. If you go on the MSC website, they are selling B2B cruises from both Miami and Port Canaveral. They are selling a combination of shorter cruises to create 7 to 14 night cruises. 

For example, you can book a 3 night followed by a 7 night as a 10 night cruise, or a 7 night followed by a 4 night as an 11 night cruise. Screenshots included:

7C73D73C-7108-41B2-B0D5-84992E631D6C.jpeg

16935BB9-F6B6-4F18-AD4B-460995BFEDFC.jpeg

BE43C842-C84F-4553-B1AB-0C2537BBA3D5.jpeg

FCC0A51B-ACFD-4853-8A14-25A028E7A6DC.jpeg

4C9BB318-A496-467E-988D-CC958942B027.jpeg

Edited by Tapi

1 hour ago, JAMESCC said:

Believe you are misinterpreting the situation.  What the FDA said was for states to start building a distribution chain so that once a successful vaccine is approved they will be able to immediately disseminate it.  The Pfizer candidate for example requires very special handling needing to be stored at -94 degrees Fahrenheit.   

Pfizer and Moderna were both signatories of the pharma industry letter stating none would submit a vaccine for approval unless they were confident it was effective.  Both companies hope to have a readout of results by late October.  If all goes well that could lead to approval in early November.  That's science, not politics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Believe you are misinterpreting the situation.  What the FDA said was for states to start building a distribution chain so that once a successful vaccine is approved they will be able to immediately disseminate it.  The Pfizer candidate for example requires very special handling needing to be stored at -94 degrees Fahrenheit.   

Pfizer and Moderna were both signatories of the pharma industry letter stating none would submit a vaccine for approval unless they were confident it was effective.  Both companies hope to have a readout of results by late October.  If all goes well that could lead to approval in early November.  That's science, not politics.
Yeah both of the companies signed that after the FDA pulled their stunt with the BS about a vaccine a few days before the election.
I'm not mistaken about anything. Politics is guiding everything right now. From the DOJ to CDC to the FDA. Everytime Fauci says something now a clown contradicts him. A man without a degree or a brain for that matter contradicts tells you that the doctor is wrong.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Iamcruzin said:

I’m not surprised. CCL has been more aggressive canceling cruises and refunding deposits.You can only do that so long before you can’t make payroll. Such a shame but many around the world are still out of work. It will be interesting to see how Q4 plays out in terms of the economy.

Won’t be great 

• Like 1