Another possible CDC no-sail extension?

18 minutes ago, Tapi said:

Hmmm, I wonder if that’s true. If you go on the MSC website, they are selling B2B cruises from both Miami and Port Canaveral. They are selling a combination of shorter cruises to create 7 to 14 night cruises. 

It may (or may not) have been true during the first few weeks of cruising.  They are apparently confident enough at this point to offer it for cruises 4+ months from now.  I going to look at this as a good sign.

4 hours ago, JAMESCC said:

Gee, yet somehow Europe and in particular Germany has limited cruises sailing. The CDC is doing everything it can to kill this industry. They, in my estimation have not worked at all with the cruise lines to do anything. They are leaving these companies hanging in the wind and out to dry. CLIA and the big lines have already signaled that this is the case.

I'm not saying start up tomorrow, 400 ships on the move but this BS with input from anyone and how too start cruises safely in the CDC website is just lost time and and waste of time. To me it'smore dragging their feet.

Are you telling me cruise lines couldn't by now be sailing 50% capacity just to private islands right now? They couldn't do that safety from Florida? At least work out bugs in the system? Work on procedures, see what works, see what doesn't, see what needs work? I mean this is as blatant as it gets what they are doing.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

This has been going on for six months, and the lines had no culpability? They had to put together a blue ribbon panel to come up with a resolution that looks very much like what MSC and the other foreign lines had and implemented a month or two ago. They couldn’t have been in too much of a hurry to sail. They should have done this months ago. 

I’m shocked that people are more worried about cruising than all the other things that are affected such as schools, restaurants, stores and other businesses. Those are all areas determined to be more essential and should be up to speed first. If cruising is collateral damage, so be it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

WAG - wives and girlfriends

SWAG - stuff we all get

We come from diff generations I suppose!

In that case, S for sexy would apply. 

At least, that's what a friend told me. 😉

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm just tired of posts that have no real information when we can sail again.

That is because we dont have information. Everything here is speculation and discussion. None of us have answers but when we do we will come back here and discuss it and monday morning quarterback every detail. None of us are in the know. It is cruise critic, it is what we do. I understand the anxiety, i have it also. but i also understand the limitations. 

Only 8 days to go until a decision has to be made regarding the no-sail order.  Why the wait?  The CDC knows by now whether they will extend it or lift it.  Have no clue what  they  are waiting for — or maybe I do....too busy rewriting and retracting prior statements and guidance, the latest made just yesterday.  I guess they’ll say they need time to review the Healthy Sail Panel plan when their time is being spent on maybe this among other things:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/cdc-says-it-erroneously-posted-guidance-that-said-coronavirus-spreads-through-air-and-and-travel-beyond-six-feet.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Only 8 days to go until a decision has to be made regarding the no-sail order.  Why the wait?  The CDC knows by now whether they will extend it or lift it.  Have no clue what  they  are waiting for — or maybe I do....too busy rewriting and retracting prior statements and guidance, the latest made just yesterday.  I guess they’ll say they need time to review the Healthy Sail Panel plan when their time is being spent on maybe this among other things:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/cdc-says-it-erroneously-posted-guidance-that-said-coronavirus-spreads-through-air-and-and-travel-beyond-six-feet.html

What concerns me is that the scientists at CDC will be overruled on the approval process.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I'm just tired of posts that have no real information when we can sail again.

With a dose of personal politics thrown I.  I need to decide soon what to do about my feb b2b. And now they release something about getting a covid test 5 days before .. what about the 2nd leg. I need answers and all I get is rumors and what people think but don't know. 

My parents are 94 and 102 so yes I'm interested in getting vaccinated, but real information. 

Now with the covid test thing today one more question no one has a answer for. I'm sure hoping before lift and shift over rcl or someone will give us some real answers. 

You know how things go when elections roll around. Both parties publish blurbs of what people want to hear concerning a hot topic. The average person just hears what they want to hear and runs with it. There are no facts tied to the ambiguous comments.  Even if someone know the actual date the vaccine was going to be released they wouldn't announce it until it was on it's way out.  The same with the return of sailing. It won't be announced until they know for sure.

13 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

This has been going on for six months, and the lines had no culpability? They had to put together a blue ribbon panel to come up with a resolution that looks very much like what MSC and the other foreign lines had and implemented a month or two ago. They couldn’t have been in too much of a hurry to sail. They should have done this months ago. 

I’m shocked that people are more worried about cruising than all the other things that are affected such as schools, restaurants, stores and other businesses. Those are all areas determined to be more essential and should be up to speed first. If cruising is collateral damage, so be it. 

I have been saying that all along since March when people swore that their July and August cruises would sail from Cape Liberty. NYC will only start indoor dining on Sept 30th. We have come further along in terms of keeping the virus under control  than many states.  I wouldn't feel comfortable sailing out of southern Florida anytime soon plus I would have to quarantine 14 days upon return. Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands came off of the 14 day quarantine list for New York State so maybe there is hope to sail out of PR.   

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

I have been saying that all along since March when people swore that their July and August cruises would sail from Cape Liberty. NYC will only start indoor dining on Sept 30th. We have come further along in terms of keeping the virus under control  than many states.  I wouldn't feel comfortable sailing out of southern Florida anytime soon plus I would have to quarantine 14 days upon return. Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands came off of the 14 day quarantine list for New York State so maybe there is hope to sail out of PR.   

There is no indoor dining in NYC yet? My god

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

60 days? I hope you are wrong, though I'm not booked until feb. 

If I can eat in a restaurant and shop at walmart, I can cruise. 

At what capacity are you eating in a restaurant?

Also, if you are infected, you can’t infect 1,000 of cruise passengers. 

Edited by Milwaukee Eight
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheMastodon said:

There is no indoor dining in NYC yet? My god

And when it starts, it will only be at 25% capacity. The rest of the state is at 50% for indoor dining.   

Be intertesting to see what happens when it gets too chilly for outdoor dining.