Another possible CDC no-sail extension?

Looks like it's a number of things. Went into phase 3 too early maybe, schools opened, some big weddings etc etc. Weird thing is where ever I go everyone is wearing masks and social distancing is being adhered to. Now we're hearing that the 2 metre (6 foot) social distancing precaution may not be far enough. 

I don't believe there will be any cruising until Spring 2021 no matter what the Cruise lines are hoping for. 
Agree, late spring 2021 the earliest. We are on Oasis late August [emoji120][emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji1696][emoji120]

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 minute ago, JAMESCC said:

Agree, late spring 2021 the earliest. We are on Oasis late August emoji120.pngemoji1696.pngemoji1696.pngemoji1696.pngemoji1696.pngemoji120.png

If there's still no cruising in late August than there will be no Royal Caribbean. Spring 2021 startup is a great bet. 

Edited by Mapleleafforever
  • Like 1

If there's still no cruising in late August than there will be no Royal Caribbean. Spring 2021 startup is a great bet. 
Pretty much, I kinda agree. They can't hold out forever. Thank goodness the CDC is on their side. [emoji6]

• Like 1

8 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

Only 8 days to go until a decision has to be made regarding the no-sail order.  Why the wait?  The CDC knows by now whether they will extend it or lift it.  Have no clue what  they  are waiting for — or maybe I do....too busy rewriting and retracting prior statements and guidance, the latest made just yesterday.  I guess they’ll say they need time to review the Healthy Sail Panel plan when their time is being spent on maybe this among other things:

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/09/21/cdc-says-it-erroneously-posted-guidance-that-said-coronavirus-spreads-through-air-and-and-travel-beyond-six-feet.html

Nailed out!  I read a comment yesterday....Does the CDC even know how to spell their name?  Ha Ha  So much back peddling and changing their mind.  This is insanity.

I was at Disney World two weeks ago and it is like a ghost town. Yes, there are guests, but everyone is so far apart. Most eateries are closed and staff everywhere wiping and reminding anyone that drops mask below their nose. It is so much different than in the past. When you park, you have to walk all of the way up to the monorails because the trams are not running. I will say wearing a mask in Florida heat is not a fun thing, and I can't see it being fun on a ship either! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fla gang said:

I was at Disney World two weeks ago and it is like a ghost town. Yes, there are guests, but everyone is so far apart. Most eateries are closed and staff everywhere wiping and reminding anyone that drops mask below their nose. It is so much different than in the past. When you park, you have to walk all of the way up to the monorails because the trams are not running. I will say wearing a mask in Florida heat is not a fun thing, and I can't see it being fun on a ship either! 

Thanks for the update.  Are they still doing the Florida resident discount?  Have general prices gone up or remained the same? 

15 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Looks like it's a number of things. Went into phase 3 too early maybe, schools opened, some big weddings etc etc. Weird thing is where ever I go everyone is wearing masks and social distancing is being adhered to. Now we're hearing that the 2 metre (6 foot) social distancing precaution may not be far enough. 

People got laissez-faire as the case count hovered at 100 a day in Ontario and in a couple weeks we are up to 400.  Call it Covid exhaustion. You are right; weddings and parties caused a lot of cases.  I see people wearing masks everywhere like you, the difference is we aren’t out at the places and hours that others are not.

We saw our influx in the London area from University students coming back. Going to bars and waiting in long lines with no masks.  We went from having minimal cases for 5 weeks and when students returned we had more than 25 in a week.  13 cases in one day that week, the last time we had that many was in May.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Here in Ohio the week of Labor day our combined hospital system of 3 which totals over 900 beds had only 1 Covid Patient in the hospital just on Oxygen, did not need a ventilator.  I do not know how many Covid patients are in the for profit hospital in our community.

Now this week we have over 14 positive Covid patients on the ventilator.  The local health  department is trying to correlate if the holiday a few weeks ago or the university going back to school lead to the influx.

Few of the patients are from nursing homes.

Oh in spite of this our county has dropped to Yellow, the lowest level of infectious rates.

So the word on the street and on the news is to not let your guard or mask down.

Be healthy

• Like 4

In very limited capacity. My kids are annual pass holders at Disney. The only way they can get a reservation for the parks is to book one of the open resorts. 

M8

M8
I have been off property all week and today will be the third day with my annual pass. Annual pass good as long as the park’s aren’t capacity. Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

While we are on a theme park theme....   Would you feel comfortable going to a water park if you participated only in the lazy river, river rapids, or wave pool (nothing that requires standing in a line, such as slides)?  Just two mature adults, no kids, during the week.

5 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

While we are on a theme park theme....   Would you feel comfortable going to a water park if you participated only in the lazy river, river rapids, or wave pool (nothing that requires standing in a line, such as slides)?  Just two mature adults, no kids, during the week.

without masks, no. With masks, maybe.  Social distance can be really hard on these unless capacity is no more than 50%.  Wave pool and rapids can result in heavy breathing and shouting, which makes transmission more dangerous.

If there is no vaccine around I dont see a single reason to visit such places. But if you look at it from other point of view, the mask wont really save you cause if you look under microscope on the size of the virus and at the halls in your mask - you will be surprised 

36 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

without masks, no. With masks, maybe.  Social distance can be really hard on these unless capacity is no more than 50%.  Wave pool and rapids can result in heavy breathing and shouting, which makes transmission more dangerous.

A mask that gets wet is useless.

5 hours ago, DonnaMW said:

M8
I have been off property all week and today will be the third day with my annual pass. Annual pass good as long as the park’s aren’t capacity. Donna

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you tried to get a reservation for the weekends?  That might be my kids problem. 

Thanks

5 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Outdoors? No prolonged close contact with others?  Absolutely. 

4 hours ago, Roger88 said:

If there is no vaccine around I dont see a single reason to visit such places. But if you look at it from other point of view, the mask wont really save you cause if you look under microscope on the size of the virus and at the halls in your mask - you will be surprised 

It's not about the size of just the virus.  It's about the size of the droplets that people expel that carry the virus.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, time4u2go said:

It's not about the size of just the virus.  It's about the size of the droplets that people expel that carry the virus.

EXACTLY!
Individual virus cells floating around are not the concern.  They're also unlikely to cause you any harm.   It's when they group together in larger aerosolized particles with a bit of H2O (but still very small... small enough that they would float if they were rocks, I suppose) that there is a chance of ingesting an innoculating dose of the virus.

If you look at some of the high-MERV rating furnace filters, you'll see that they claim to filter "particles that carry viruses" as opposed to viruses.  Same principle applies to N95 masks. They stop particles that viruses are attached to. 

On 9/22/2020 at 10:48 AM, firefly333 said:

Texas still has bars closed. 

Kinda... I mean bars w/ food service are wide open. Night clubs or dance clubs etc, yes they are closed. Pubs w/ grills, Bars w/ grills, and Restaurants w/ Bars are literally wide open and have been since May.  I have been in a couple that actually removed every other bar stool. But they were open. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Kinda... I mean bars w/ food service are wide open. Night clubs or dance clubs etc, yes they are closed. Pubs w/ grills, Bars w/ grills, and Restaurants w/ Bars are literally wide open and have been since May.  I have been in a couple that actually removed every other bar stool. But they were open. 

I've heard of some that brought in food from 7 11 to say they served food. Maybe was a joke, but yes I've heard some that never served food are now to open. 

But things are still far from how they were before. I keep hoping for more progress. At my age I p,aged bridge and stuff. Senior center shut down indefinitely and my activities with seniors shut down. My parents are 94 and 102 and still sheltering in place.