Live from the Baltic Scenic cruise on MS1

Germancruiser

Hello all- again I will do a little " Live from.." ! Boarding is tomorrow. Since the Covid 19 test turned out negativ- as I expected - and well- hoped-- one never really knows in these pandemic days.  I am almost ready to go. Can´t wait to spend a week on board MS1. I try to post pictures too- so you can compare MS1 to MS6- from where Miaminice is so kind to do a Live, which I enjoy immensly- thank you Miaminice for letting us be part of your Greek Cruise. MS1 is the twinsister ship to MS2- where enjoyed my four night voyage to Norway in late July.

This time we start out in Kiel- up to Stockholm/ Sweden and back.

Bags are yet to be packed- but that is done quite quick. A very early train journey to Kiel tomorrow morning  - which is on the other end ( northern)  of Germany from where I live- i takes 8 hours to get to Kiel- which one change of trains.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

Hello all, made it on board Mein Schiff 1 yesterday, quite early this time, at around 2.30pm. The train journey went smooth and was quite nice, seeing all the scenery all through German from South to North. 

I was a thad early so had to wait until they started boarding. After that i was on board in about 10 minutes. Up to my cabin, where the key was waiting in a sealed envelope. 

I love this cabin, even though it is quite a walk from the elevators , which on the other hand suits me perfect, burn calories. The balcony is terrific. I do hope for a little sunshine to enjoy it. Here are some pictures: 53F6D0B9-0E2D-4C67-9F1B-25B9CE8AEB10.thumb.jpeg.a17296ada9684456f897b62b72aaf1be.jpeg

456842F5-C72F-45C0-AF5A-276981FBD7C7.jpeg

0BD57D9B-543D-42D5-B4B8-E2CB67E4E55E.jpeg

BA2C28CD-30A0-4618-94C2-1D3F2B061EAB.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

The weather yesterday was rather cloudy and not all to warm, but it is October so that was to expect. 

After the drill, which - as with Miaminice - took all in all 5 minutes, i unpacked and took a nap. Then it was time for sail away, get dressed and ready for my first dinner in the Speciality Restaurant called „Esszimmer“ ( The Dinning Room-) , very nice meal , excellent service, what more can you ask for. 

Mein Schiff 1 (MS2) are fitted with very nice outdoor seatings  around the prommenade deck, some sheltered from the wind but still connected with the sea, some heave heaters to provide a little warmth. Very nice idea and I almost forgave them the lack a propper prommenade deck. LOL. 

There i took my first cocktail and read my book, very nice and relaxing. 

Today is the first sea day , which I am about to enjoy .

More later. 

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Germancruiser said:

The weather yesterday was rather cloudy and not all to warm, but it is October so that was to expect. 

After the drill, which - as with Miaminice - took all in all 5 minutes, i unpacked and took a nap. Then it was time for sail away, get dressed and ready for my first dinner in the Speciality Restaurant called „Esszimmer“ ( The Dinning Room-) , very nice meal , excellent service, what more can you ask for. 

Mein Schiff 1 (MS2) are fitted with very nice outdoor seatings  around the prommenade deck, some sheltered from the wind but still connected with the sea, some heave heaters to provide a little warmth. Very nice idea and I almost forgave them the lack a propper prommenade deck. LOL. 

There i took my first cocktail and read my book, very nice and relaxing. 

Today is the first sea day , which I am about to enjoy .

More later. 

Enjoy your cruise!!  Your balcony looks wonderful!! 🙂

Thanks all. The cabin is Premium balcony, cabin seems slightly bigger then the one on my first Tui cruise. The balcony is great- and partly sheltered from the wind- so it is - even though it is a bit cool - nice to sit outside, read a book and let the world go by. 

More of my day tomorrow- not I am about to go to dinner. 

Greetings all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Germancruiser...glad to see all went well and you have begun your second cruise for all of us to again enjoy.  Your balcony is awesome!!!!  Have a wonderful time.  Looking forward to your reports and pictures!!   ENJOY!!!