White House Cruise Meeting ?

Ashland

20 minutes ago, rbell said:

This just proves that you can be tested one day and the next day have the virus.

I agree 100% with you.  A cruiser may be negative when they board the ship, but they’re only negative for that point in time. It might just confirm the idea that islands will want quick testing to all crew and guests before any one disembarks the ship.

• Like 3

This seriously sets back the restoration of cruising.  Why?  Because it has an impact on the population at large.  When people see that the guy who denied the seriousness of this virus has come down with it, red flags will go up.  The general population (not CC folks) will be much more hesitant to get on a cruise ship.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

This seriously sets back the restoration of cruising.  Why?  Because it has an impact on the population at large.  When people see that the guy who denied the seriousness of this virus has come down with it, red flags will go up.  The general population (not CC folks) will be much more hesitant to get on a cruise ship.

Given ALL the information on this virus, from every source whether it was China, the W.H.O. or the C.D.C., was public knowledge and available to anyone in either political party, any government position or to any member of any news media and WAS NOT a secret there were a lot of people who denied its seriousness... 

I expect the meeting to take place. Where and how are the factors. The cruise line CEOs need to know now whether to start bringing crew over which will include quarantine and test protocols. Its like I said, covid is not going anywhere. It needs to be treated similar to HIV. Take all the necessary precautions you can and deal with the ever so small chance you will contract it and even know about it. I had a friend recently rejected from a trial because he has antibodies/gens in his body. It simply means he contracted covid and never even knew it.

You better hope it doesn't become more serious where he is hospitalized. If it does, I'm sure his opinion on the subject will change. Because of his age he is considered high risk. I don't know if he has any high risk preconditions. The only reason cruising wasn't pushed back until February is because the White House intervened. Who do you think the White House is?? Surely not Pence.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bigrednole said:

Take all the necessary precautions you can and deal with the ever so small chance you will contract it 

Not so sure if "ever so small" is meaningful if you or a loved one becomes a statistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I think we should wait rather than report conflicting reports of symptoms rooted in politics. Wait for facts.

The Chief of Staff has confirmed the reporting. Is that enough to be fact?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Hes a political employee.   The symptoms will be mild.  Hes only had the thing a couple of  days at most.  The problems kick in after about a week or so.  However much of a complete idiot I believe him to be with his previous attitude to this virus I wish him a complete recovery.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, yogimax said:

The general population (not CC folks) were never getting on a cruise ship anytime soon regardless.

This will have no impact on the restoration of cruising (nor should it), the plans in place yesterday will still be the plans in place tomorrow;  nothing has changed, the virus is out there, anyone can contract it, 99% plus will recover fully, life moves on

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Pratique said:

He didnt say what the symptoms were. His own doctor who saw him used the word asymptomatic.. we have yet to know details.

As it relates to cruising, the lady he might have gotten it from... everyone in contact with her is told to quarantine. If someone gets it on a cruise I cant help wonder how that would affect the cruise pax. The protocols didnt really cover the whatmif someone is positive quarantine issue. 

I'm a lot more interested in how it will affect cruises rather than idle speculation of symptoms when we dont know. Hopefully facts will be forthcoming. I'm here about cruising and how this affects opening of cruises. 

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm here about cruising and how this affects opening of cruises. 

Logic says it sets the opening of cruising back.  COVID-19 is not going away soon.  If anything it will get worse.  That's not the kind of scenario that leads to a resumption.

• Like 3

Chris Wallace debate moderator said his doctor has advised him not to get tested for 5 days because it takes that long to build enough viral load to test positive. Also said you are most contagious 48 hours before the onset of symptoms. Trump contracted this earlier in the week.

RNC chair positive. Sen. Mike Lee positive. VP Pence negative. VP Biden negative.

We won't know the fallout and who's positive for at least a week. More positives can pop up for at least 5 days.

Wear the damn mask folks. It's really that simple.

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Sen Mike Lee who has tested positive was at the WH Saturday for the Supreme Court nomination along with most not wearing masks. This is most likely ground zero for the spread. Many of these same people commingled all week.

Edited by flyguyjake
  • Like 3

Here is my own summation of the current situation given what has become known in the last few minutes.

Please don't attack me, I am trying to help. You know who you are.

Since the President has tested positive (and reportedly has at least SOME symptoms) then VP Pence will be/is very, very busy with all kinds of briefings to bring him up to date and prepare him for a possible transfer of power (temporary or God forbid, otherwise). These folks do not play around and will be (must be!) ready for any possible scenario however remote,

The WH/Cruise meeting (cancelled in the last hour) was scheduled to be with VP Pence and he is busy doing other things for the foreseeable future.

This message is polite and contains no politics.

• Like 10
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Logic says it sets the opening of cruising back.  COVID-19 is not going away soon.  If anything it will get worse.  That's not the kind of scenario that leads to a resumption.

That's my worry. 

I dont see anything about this that doesnt hurt cruise resumption being hurt. Ever since I heard I started thinking more about the air filters on ships etc. 

26 minutes ago, Showme72 said:

The WH/Cruise meeting (cancelled in the last hour) was scheduled to be with VP Pence and he is busy doing other things for the foreseeable future.

Absolutely correct!  With all that is happening, cruising is the last thing they should be worrying about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Chris Wallace debate moderator said his doctor has advised him not to get tested for 5 days because it takes that long to build enough viral load to test positive. Also said you are most contagious 48 hours before the onset of symptoms. Trump contracted this earlier in the week.

RNC chair positive. Sen. Mike Lee positive. VP Pence negative. VP Biden negative.

We won't know the fallout and who's positive for at least a week. More positives can pop up for at least 5 days.

Wear the damn mask folks. It's really that simple.

Agree. 

My son is going through his own version of this scenario.  They found out a week ago that an office worker came back from vacation on 9/15 and spent until 9/25 with he and his wife showing symptoms.  He came to work, realized he had no sense of smell last Friday, and went home.  My son had a face-to-face meeting with him last Thursday, and left immediately last Friday morning to get tested (negative), just minutes before he was supposed to meet for a picnic lunch with us at a nearby park.  THAT's what truly panicked him. 

Now, everybody in the office is getting tested, and my son is quarantining for 2 weeks while he gets 2 more tests.  Countless people affected by this group of office workers who didn't wear masks.  My son wanted to, but the peer pressure was strong not to do so.  He will when he goes back after 2 weeks, assuming he continues to test negative.

Wear the damn mask folks.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I think we should wait rather than report conflicting reports of symptoms rooted in politics. Wait for facts.

I've been listening since it hit last night. Another reaction I had was his airplane was fitted with same new air filters they are adding to cruise ships. I cant be only one with a niggling worry over the news he might have caught it on air force one. No way to make cruising absolutely safe. Washing my hands wouldnt help if air is infected. I'm glad I got a balcony, still want to cruise. 

One of my first thoughts was where did he get it. On the plane, in a meeting, could it have been on something he ate or somewhere else? I don't know of any place that is absolutely safe.

Earlier this year, my older brother in-law and his wife went to their cabin in the mountains. They ordered their groceries to be delivered to stay as safe as possible. Two days later they got a call from a Doctor's office telling them that the guy that delivered their groceries tested positive for the virus. -Thankfully they didn't get it.- I am very careful when I pump gas (remember when we were told you could get it on surfaces like that) and when I buy groceries. (I sanitize the counter and wash the fruits & vegetables.) 

16 minutes ago, Vera/Lee said:

One of my first thoughts was where did he get it. On the plane, in a meeting, could it have been on something he ate or somewhere else? I don't know of any place that is absolutely safe.

Earlier this year, my older brother in-law and his wife went to their cabin in the mountains. They ordered their groceries to be delivered to stay as safe as possible. Two days later they got a call from a Doctor's office telling them that the guy that delivered their groceries tested positive for the virus. -Thankfully they didn't get it.- I am very careful when I pump gas (remember when we were told you could get it on surfaces like that) and when I buy groceries. (I sanitize the counter and wash the fruits & vegetables.) 

Me, too.  Any time when my husband or I touch anything outside the house, or that came from outside the house, we have a hand-washing party!!  I use Instacart every 1-2 weeks to cut down on our outside exposure, and sanitize the countertops after putting the groceries away, and wash my hands.  Been safe for almost 7 months now.

• Like 2