reservations for entertainment

27 minutes ago, oldmancurtis said:

did you have to "book" a reservation to go to shows, like on oasis class ships

Booking shows, which allow them, is optional - but anything is possible once ships start sailing again.

14 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

In the past not booking shows on the Anthem could be a risky thing to do if you wanted to see them.

I didnt book any first time and only comedy club was hard to get into. In fact I did standbye to see Broadway show a 2nd time, np 

54 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just on oasis, no other ships

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I didn't book any first time and only comedy club was hard to get into. In fact I did standby to see Broadway show a 2nd time, np 

26 minutes ago, notmyrealnameoremail said:

The Anthem doesn't have a comedy club.

23 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

OP asked if like oasis class ship. I WAS talking about Oasis.

Who knows in the future. I hear maybe a extra showing or something. 

You stated "only on Oasis."  This is not true.  The Oasis class ships offer reservations for shows.  Quantum class ships offer reservations for shows.

1 hour ago, oldmancurtis said:

hi everyone, did you have to "book" a reservation to go to shows, like on oasis class ships.  Who knows what they may change when they start sailing again.

Looking at your posts, it looks like you will be sailing Anthem next, hopefully.  Yes, you can do reservations for three of the shows on Anthem.  They are We Will Rock You, Spectra's Cabaret and The Gift.  Just like Oasis class ships, there is also a standby line if you do not have reservations.  I would expect once sailings start that there will be no standby line anymore.  Have seen all three of those shows many times and they are all great.  There are other shows too, like Love and Marriage, and typically a tribute band.  Those have not required reservations in the past, who knows what will be needed in the future.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Looking at your posts, it looks like you will be sailing Anthem next, hopefully.  Yes, you can do reservations for three of the shows on Anthem.  They are We Will Rock You, Spectra's Cabaret and The Gift.  Just like Oasis class ships, there is also a standby line if you do not have reservations.  I would expect once sailings start that there will be no standby line anymore.  Have seen all three of those shows many times and they are all great.  There are other shows too, like Love and Marriage, and typically a tribute band.  Those have not required reservations in the past, who knows what will be needed in the future.

And if you do make it onto the Anthem, @oldmancurtis, don't miss Name That Tune.  Loads of fun.  No reservations.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You stated "only on Oasis."  This is not true.  The Oasis class ships offer reservations for shows.  Quantum class ships offer reservations for shows.

I meant I've only run into it on oasis in the past.

It's the only oasis class I've been on. So yes I've only seen it on oasis. Didnt mean other oasis class werent the same. 

I really really hoped for a new ship I hadn't been on when they replaced allure, but nope. Liberty again. So it's still only oasis I've run into prebooking shows.

Edited by firefly333

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I meant I've only run into it on oasis in the past.

It's the only oasis class I've been on. So yes I've only seen it on oasis. Didnt mean other oasis class werent the same. 

I really really hoped for a new ship I hadn't been on when they replaced allure, but nope. Liberty again. So it's still only oasis I've run into prebooking shows.

I had booked comedy club on allure and was so happy I did.  I couldn't believe how long the line was for non reservation people.  

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I had booked comedy club on allure and was so happy I did.  I couldn't believe how long the line was for non reservation people.  

On oasis comedy was in a small room. All the other shows easy to get into. I felt like I missed so much did oasis again.

I'm so hoping allure comes to Galveston and prices are reasonable. 

I think on so big of a ship it takes a week to adjust to new places to eat and figure out what you want to do. It wasnt like any other ship I've done.

New protocols will be interesting if we have to book shows on other ships. I'm on liberty liberty liberty ...I'll sure have liberty down pat. I loved the shows

Edited by firefly333

So now, in addition to expanded reservations for entertainment, RCL recommends reservations for the Windjammer,  I guess the Macho Men will be masked up serving lunch at the Windjammer, oh by the way, no parades, no themed parties, no karaoke, no C or D lounges, masks, social distancing, you can’t leave the ship to walk around a port, you pay for a pre arrival day covid19 test......did I miss anything.....is there going to be a sail away party, galley tours, cooking demonstrations, cup cake making, wine tasting, crafts, bingo, Park West events, any live music around the ship in the  lounges, Schooner Bar etc, for this new WOW experience.

I appreciate all the factors and challenges to get going again, but RCL is lost in the forest and can’t see the trees, their customers,  most of their guests sail to enjoy a cruise experience, which this is.......well different to say the least.

This coming out party, may be necessary, may be safe but it not the cruising many people are paying for.

One persons opine...respectfully submitted, if you cruise now, go, stay safe, enjoy, have a good time and please provide honest feedback.

3 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

So now, in addition to expanded reservations for entertainment, RCL recommends reservations for the Windjammer,  I guess the Macho Men will be masked up serving lunch at the Windjammer, oh by the way, no parades, no themed parties, no karaoke, no C or D lounges, masks, social distancing, you can’t leave the ship to walk around a port, you pay for a pre arrival day covid19 test......did I miss anything.....is there going to be a sail away party, galley tours, cooking demonstrations, cup cake making, wine tasting, crafts, bingo, Park West events, any live music around the ship in the  lounges, Schooner Bar etc, for this new WOW experience.

I appreciate all the factors and challenges to get going again, but RCL is lost in the forest and can’t see the trees, their customers,  most of their guests sail to enjoy a cruise experience, which this is.......well different to say the least.

This coming out party, may be necessary, may be safe but it not the cruising many people are paying for.

One persons opine...respectfully submitted, if you cruise now, go, stay safe, enjoy, have a good time and please provide honest feedback.

No surprise. It's the expected experience. Wine tasting, crafts, bingo and Park West can be done as long as social distancing is in place and they need these events to create revenue. You can be sure that anything that can generate a dollar will happen as long as they can create a safe environment.    I would imagine that you will need reservations for all shows and dining reservation. Nothing new for us. We made reservations through the cruise planner in the past.  Personally I won't be cruising until this is over so it may be years before I book again.

29 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Has anyone been able to make reservations for shows for cruises that ultimately got cancelled?

I have not been able to book entertainment for any Oasis-class cruises this year and not able to book yet for next year. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

There are diehards who just need to "get on a ship" no matter what.  They're ready to mask up and sit on their balcony's and not get off whatever few ports there may be.  I'm glad they are out there, they'll break ground to someday get back to normal cruising.

Edited by bouhunter

10 hours ago, firefly333 said:

On oasis comedy was in a small room. All the other shows easy to get into. I felt like I missed so much did oasis again.

I'm so hoping allure comes to Galveston and prices are reasonable. 

I think on so big of a ship it takes a week to adjust to new places to eat and figure out what you want to do. It wasnt like any other ship I've done.

New protocols will be interesting if we have to book shows on other ships. I'm on liberty liberty liberty ...I'll sure have liberty down pat. I loved the shows

Yes I understand it is always fun to explore a ship you have never sailed on.  It does take a couple of cruises per ship to really get to know everything it offers.  I have never sailed on Liberty, hopefully someday soon.  Hopefully you will get to explore allure or jewel from your local port someday soon.

How is weather forecast for your area look with delta?

4 hours ago, Slidell_Cruiser said:

So now, in addition to expanded reservations for entertainment, RCL recommends reservations for the Windjammer,  I guess the Macho Men will be masked up serving lunch at the Windjammer

Idk if true but I read capacity only allowed at 50% in WJ. Once it hits 50% you cant go in. Knowing how crowded it is day of embarkation makes me wonder a bit. One of those bloggers, that British sounding guy I think said buffet will have capacity of 50% allowed. Dont know his source.

Edited by firefly333

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Dont know his source.

There is no source for exact numbers.  He is basing it off what other cruise lines in Europe have done but nothing official has been released, until it is everything is a guess...some are educated guesses and others are just WAG.