The while-we-wait-for-river-cruises photo quiz

notamermaid

@acwmom,

that's the one! The art museum. I did not go in, my travel companion and me preferred the "old stuff", so we went shopping for clothes, souvenirs and looked at the old buildings and the church. We were actually in Linz during the day going upstream on the return leg, this photo was taken sailing past late in the evening going downstream. We did the Passau return trip eight days sailing, a standard with German companies.

Your go.

notamermaid

Edited by notamermaid
called by name

All right, no idea here. A very unusual helmet on the statue. Looks like a warrior but his helmet has animal ears! And his armor seems light, made for mobility. Wearing a cloak. Is he holding a scepter in his right hand, as a king would? The image is low-res so it's hard to make out more details.

Will see what the ringers come up with.

Leif Erikson, St Paul, Minnesota, Mississippi river

I was thinking you were heading towards Viking brand cruise that included Iceland, but an image search found this.

If that's correct, go for a wild card.  I'll be out of pocket for at least 6 hours.

Edited by ljandgb
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ljandgb said:

Leif Erikson, St Paul, Minnesota, Mississippi river

I was thinking you were heading towards Viking brand cruise that included Iceland, but an image search found this.

If that's correct, go for a wild card.  I'll be out of pocket for at least 6 hours.

You are correct! I took this from the train as we were returning from Minneapolis, thus the lo-res. The building in the background is the state capitol. St. Paul is an embarkation point for one of Viking’s Mississippi cruises. (ACWDad grew up in St. Paul and we were there visiting friends). It’s very quaint and charming. 
Looks like a wild card!

Edited by acwmom
More info

1 hour ago, notamermaid said:

Minnesota, interesting! That explains the French style. A very representative building.

A wild card then, as agreed, thank you, @ljandgb . Who would like to have us guess where on a navigable they have been land trip or river cruise?

notamermaid

I thought I'd share a US River photo, for a change of pace😀

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, acwmom said:

I thought I'd share a US River photo, for a change of pace😀

Yes, that's how it should be, lots of variety. And completely fooled me, that one (which I don't mind). The beautiful, sometimes unusual places we have been to. From a statue in the US to a bridge on the Mekong (if I remember correctly) we have covered much of the world but still find more. :classic_smile: What and where will it be next?

notamermaid

Slow morning!  I guess I'll take it.

Name what is in the photo. First guess the river. After that name the town/city/place/river.

the person who first guesses correctly gets to post the next photo.

P1030992.png

Edited by ljandgb

This is a devilish looking creature, I also thought it might be a monkey, but that does not quite seem to fit into this. It looks to be not high up, i.e. not on a spire. The building in the background is modern. Could be anywhere in Europe I suppose. Just wondering if there is a place that has connections with monkeys? But with that finger pointing, I think there might be a meaning that is kind of religious.

notamermaid

1 hour ago, ljandgb said:

You got it, dogs4fun.  Your turn!

Sorry, work exploded.  Twelve hours later I'm finally catching my breath.

Glad you have work in these difficult times!  Especially when you're not losing travel ops...