Captain Kate’s video welcome of Apex

RickT

Wonderfull video- very well done of all the Captains. Esp. in this dire times. The last time a brand new ship crossed the Atlantic without passengers - was in 1940 Cunards Queen Elisabeth. She too, was to become the flagship.

I took well over 5 years for the ship to start for what she was designed for- crossing the Transatlantic!

• Like 4

Wow!  I have kind of been avoiding watching things like this; it just makes me miss the experience even more.  But this was different!  I have been on each of these ships, with the exception of the Edge (thanks, Covid) and this made me feel like we will be back on the water before long!  This even motivated me to book the Apex for early 2022.  Very well done, and a peek into what happens on the bridge with all of these ships and these fine Captains, lets you know what good hands you're in.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Wonderfull video- very well done of all the Captains. Esp. in this dire times. The last time a brand new ship crossed the Atlantic without passengers - was in 1940 Cunards Queen Elisabeth. She too, was to become the flagship.

I took well over 5 years for the ship to start for what she was designed for- crossing the Transatlantic!

Actually, I believe Oasis of the Seas did it in 2009.  It was a very rough crossing and she had some damage that had to be repaired before she could sail her first cruises.  EM

• Thanks 1

Awesome!  Thanks so much for finding this video and posting it.   Such advanced technology...I don't think I fully appreciated what these ships are capable of other than taking me over the waves.  Must have been really enjoyable for these captains to be part of.

22 hours ago, Germancruiser said:

Oasis of the Seas (2009) and Allure of the Seas (2010) both headed from shipyard in Finland to USA without passengers. More recently there was also Carnival Panorama (2019) which sailed from shipyard in Italy via South America to Los Angeles without passengers.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Oasis of the Seas (2009) and Allure of the Seas (2010) both headed from shipyard in Finland to USA without passengers. More recently there was also Carnival Panorama (2019) which sailed from shipyard in Italy via South America to Los Angeles without passengers.

13 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

Actually, I believe Oasis of the Seas did it in 2009.  It was a very rough crossing and she had some damage that had to be repaired before she could sail her first cruises.  EM

I did not know that fact. Thanks for sharing this information. Both RCI ships I suppose did it on purpose. QE ( of 1938 ) and Apex were forced to do so due to the dire times they made their debut.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Money can’t be too tight if they can waste it on a stunt like that, that had no relevant purpose for the betterment of the financial position of a company that hasn’t sailed in 7 1/2 months.

Really, Geezer?  They are all already floating out in the middle of the ocean, with not a lot to do, other than the hard working staff behind the scenes we did not see during the "stunt".  I am guessing the stunt generated revenue from folks anxious to be on-board again.  My uneducated guess, is a stunt like this is just what Celebrity needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Money can’t be too tight if they can waste it on a stunt like that, that had no relevant purpose for the betterment of the financial position of a company that hasn’t sailed in 7 1/2 months.

A " Stunt" like this is what gives X´s customers ( Us- cruisers!) hope- a few minutes of a good feeling- and in times like these - that alone was worth their efford.

For me that video showed the true companionship among the Captains. Of course it also served the purpose of good marketing- there comes a time after Covid19-  when X is eager to get their loyal customers back- or attract new ones for that matter!

Also Capt. Kate is not just a Captain- she is the best marketing " tool" ( sorry the word,  Capt. Kate should you read that) X had in a long time! I am a big fan of hers and - of course Bug Naked!

Edited by Germancruiser
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

Morale is not relevant?  I believe it lifts the spirits of the future passengers and the crew.  At least it did for this future passenger.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/27/2020 at 12:50 AM, grandgeezer said:

This is a good reason why CC boards also need to have a dislike button.    Why come on here and ruin a positive post?  Really?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2