Will RCL/Cruise Lines get to choose the vaccine they require to allow you to sail?

ace2542

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

No, I don't think that we all agree that cruise lines will require a vaccination.

It will be years before there is enough vaccine to inoculate everyone. It will probably be the better part of year before there is enough vaccine to start to inoculate the general population of the US.

And no, you will zero opportunity to "shop for a vaccine". 

The UK ordered 5 million doses of Moderna and 40 million doses of Pfizer (enough to inoculate 34% of the UK - and unclear how the NHS will distribute it). (Source BBC)

Ordered and delivered don't always go hand in hand

4 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I wonder if the spouse of a frontline Doctors will be allowed the vaccine at the same time?

M8

Why? If the Doctor is protected and you are not involved with high risk patients, your risk isn't any greater than anyone else in your age group.

• Like 1

The cruise lines have enough issues revising itineraries I can't imagine that they would use more human resources sorting out who got what vaccine. I also think they would be thrilled to take anyone vaccine or not. The CDC is more likely to want passengers to have the vaccine.  If the CDC lifted the no sail order and told the cruise lines they are free to go they would sail without a vaccine as it hasn't been released yet.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nelblu said:

Interesting article where Ticketmaster may require proof of vaccine or negative test to purchase/attend live events.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/ticketmaster-to-require-proof-of-vaccine-or-negative-covid-test/ar-BB1aVnzE

Do you think the scalpers will require proof?  I honestly don't know how that will work out since most of the time you have to buy tickets way in advance and the vaccine isn't even out and we saw how effective testing was on the Sea Dream.

38 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Do you think the scalpers will require proof?  I honestly don't know how that will work out since most of the time you have to buy tickets way in advance and the vaccine isn't even out and we saw how effective testing was on the Sea Dream.

It is not proof to buy the ticket it is proof that you have met the criteria 24 to 72 hours prior to the event along with your ticket that will grant you admittance to the venue.  Having the ticket alone will not grant you entrance.  This will virtually eliminate any ticket sales within 24 hours of the event.  

It will be done through their app and a third party vendor that will release the results to ticket master that matches it up with your ticket and essentially validates your ticket.   If you don’t submit results your ticket won’t be validated and you won’t be admitted. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ace2542 said:

I am getting it only to travel/cruise. I don't feel it would affect me too seriously in my own country. But I would not want to that risk overseas and would like to have those travel options.

Over 52,000 deaths and going up daily in the U.K. but it wouldn’t effect you too seriously.

Really.

You really should get the vaccine not to just travel but to maybe protect yourself and other people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Why? If the Doctor is protected and you are not involved with high risk patients, your risk isn't any greater than anyone else in your age group.

I don’t know but do you really know?  Why wash hands if it’s not spreadable by contact? Clothing? A vaccine, does it mean they can’t infect others?  I don’t have the answers to these questions. 

M8

33 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I don’t know but do you really know?  Why wash hands if it’s not spreadable by contact? Clothing? A vaccine, does it mean they can’t infect others?  I don’t have the answers to these questions. 

M8

So if that's your logic, then I guess you are suggesting that the spouse and immediate family of every health care worker, first responder and essential worker should also be vaccinated.  I'm not sure that is part of the plan.  As far as washing your hands is concerned, I don't think it helps much for Covid.  You can probably add washing your hands to the list of things that changed as people were told to "follow the science"

5 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

So if that's your logic, then I guess you are suggesting that the spouse and immediate family of every health care worker, first responder and essential worker should also be vaccinated.  I'm not sure that is part of the plan.  As far as washing your hands is concerned, I don't think it helps much for Covid.  You can probably add washing your hands to the list of things that changed as people were told to "follow the science"

No logic. Just asking a question that doesn’t seem to have an answer. 

I doubt they have such a right. In my opinion, those who has been vaccinated will have an easier access on board the ship rather than those who was not vaccinated. But all the restrictions will apply to both of them in any case 

6 hours ago, Norwich Cruiser said:

Over 52,000 deaths and going up daily in the U.K. but it wouldn’t effect you too seriously.

Really.

You really should get the vaccine not to just travel but to maybe protect yourself and other people.

I totally agree.

As I currently have covid19 and been in bed for 12 days I can say definitely everyone should grab the vaccine for themselves,

and encourage your family,and friends to get it  as soon as it is available.

It is very unpleasant.

Graham.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

I totally agree.

As I currently have covid19 and been in bed for 12 days I can say definitely everyone should grab the vaccine for themselves,

It is very unpleasant.

Graham.

I wish you the best.  Get well soon.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I totally agree.

It is very unpleasant.

Graham.

Sad to hear this. Hoping for your full recovery. 

M8

• Thanks 1

Just now, Milwaukee Eight said:

Sad to hear this. Hoping for your full recovery. 

M8

Thanks Rory.

I read an article yesterday from the US that people who have had covid19 might get years of immunity.

That would be great news for everyone in the US and here in the UK.

Graham

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Rory.

I read an article yesterday from the US that people who have had covid19 might get years of immunity.

That would be great news for everyone in the US and here in the UK.

Graham

I have been doing my own little mini study on patients of mine who have had Covid. They all seem to have very impressive antibody levels months after recovery. We shall see what that eventually means.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

I have been doing my own little mini study on patients of mine who have had Covid. They all seem to have very impressive antibody levels months after recovery. We shall see what that eventually means.

Thanks.

I'm delighted for them and hopefully longer term this is a regular occurrence with Covid19 for everyone.

Even though I currently have covid19 I would not hesitate to take a vaccine.

Graham.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I totally agree.

It is very unpleasant.

Graham.

I have already about 4 months back or so had this was very similar to flu/cold for me but Covid test came back positive as person at work had been diagnosed. And a friend this person died 23 days after his diagnosis. He was hit by a car and his family are under the impression he is included in the death count. The true infection figure is probably far higher and the death toll probably lower as having it and dying does not mean you died as a result of it.

• Like 3

Just now, ace2542 said:

I have already about 4 months back or so had this was very similar to flu/cold for me but Covid test came back positive as person at work had been diagnosed. And a friend this person died 23 days after his diagnosis. He was hit by a car and his family are under the impression he is included in the death count. As death count is deaths for any reason within 28 days of positive test. The true infection figure is probably far higher and the death toll probably lower as having it and dying does not mean you died as a result of it.

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I totally agree.

It is very unpleasant.

Graham.

Sorry to hear that  wishing you a fast recovery

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1