Premium Beverage Package

Slyfox16

2 hours ago, nogbert said:

HI first time cruising with Princess ,the Princess plus is £35 /day x2 fine for me 

but the wife do's not drink is it worth getting the package ? ,also are there water fountains on board  ?or do we have to buy drinking water   thanks Chris  

As stated by others, there are no water fountains. However, the tap water is as good as most bottled water. You can certainly fill a water bottle in your room.

Also, you can get a glass of water at no charge from any bar. If you ask for water to drink without specifying bottle or glass, I have noticed the bartender automatically give anyone with the beverage package a bottle of water and anyone without it a glass of tap water.

There are a lot of coffees and other nonalcoholic drinks included in the package also.

• Like 1

Here’s some thoughts about the Premium Drink Package. I booked a cruise & considered adding the package to my 7 day cruise. I looked at what adding the package would cost & then figured in the free gratuity’s & I would only pay $50 more after the gratuity costs. This is well worth it plus it was cheaper that adding it to my original booking & I’m very happy.😁

Tom😀

8 hours ago, nogbert said:

HI first time cruising with Princess ,the Princess plus is £35 /day x2 fine for me 

but the wife do's not drink is it worth getting the package ? ,also are there water fountains on board  ?or do we have to buy drinking water   thanks Chris  

In USA $, the price is $40/day/person.

This includes gratuities and Internet which together are worth about $25/person, so you would be paying $15/person for the drink part of the Princess plus. This $15 includes any gratuities associated with the purchase of beverages.

So if you and your wife would normally consume $30 (that's the $15 x 2) of purchased beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) per day, it is worth it. This assumes that you would normally pay the daily gratuity if it was not part of your fare and that you do need to both use the Internet at the same time.

The only water fountain I have seen on Princess is in the fitness center. However,

a) At meals you can have cold tap water served to you at no cost. You can also get a glass of cold tap water at any bar at no cost.

b) Pre-pandemic you could fill your own water bottle at a dispenser in the buffet area. When cruising resumes I assume the staff would be willing to either fill it for you or give you glasses of water you can pour into your container.

c) The tap water in your cabin is potable. You can put it in your water bottle and cool it in your cabin refrigerator.

• Like 1

Apologies in advance if I’m repeating a question that’s been asked 100s of times. 
Reading through this thread I noticed references to the mini bar. We have booked a Princess cruise for 2022 and paid for Princess Plus which includes the beverage package. Does it include the mini bar.? We have only ever had Celebrity or NCL drinks packages and they definitely don’t include the mini bar. 

2 minutes ago, sandancer said:

Apologies in advance if I’m repeating a question that’s been asked 100s of times. 
Reading through this thread I noticed references to the mini bar. We have booked a Princess cruise for 2022 and paid for Princess Plus which includes the beverage package. Does it include the mini bar.? We have only ever had Celebrity or NCL drinks packages and they definitely don’t include the mini bar. 

No it does not include the mini bar. If you have sailed a lot and are in the Elite category you get a mini bar included - only filled once. Princess Plus is great value in my eyes and you don't need a mini bar. My cabin refrigerator becomes my own mini bar!

Thank you. Our only other Princess cruise was years ago and I’m certain things have changed.  Princess Plus is £35 a day. Well worth it. On other ships we have always asked for the mini bar to be emptied and like you used it for bottled water etc. 

2 hours ago, nogbert said:

thanks everyone for your answers ,if it had been  a 1 week cruise no probs

but this is 3 weeks so I was doubtful but I think I'll just go for it 

thans again 

You will have the comfort of knowing just about all is paid for.

• Like 1

I like the drink package for one BIG reason. I don't worry so much about where I put my Darn drink. "Where did I put that drink...Is that one mine? " NO MORE! " Where did i put that drink, oh well ... I gotta get another one , maybe something different this time!" Piece of mind and it is all taken care of now that's nice. 

• Like 2

We will be getting the Premium Beverage Package for the first time.  Can someone please explain to me why you can't get a can soda and you have to have a fountain one instead?  Surely, a can soda costs less than an alcoholic beverage.  Also, when we give the bar service our card and ask for a Coke will the person know that it will be fountain as opposed to can? 

16 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

We will be getting the Premium Beverage Package for the first time.  Can someone please explain to me why you can't get a can soda and you have to have a fountain one instead?  Surely, a can soda costs less than an alcoholic beverage.  Also, when we give the bar service our card and ask for a Coke will the person know that it will be fountain as opposed to can? 

because ... Princess

soda is unlimited with the package - alcoholic beverage is/was 15 per day

imagine the canned v fountain may have something to do with sharing - which is prohibited ...

Just now, voljeep said:

because ... Princess

soda is unlimited with the package - alcoholic beverage is/was 15 per day

imagine the canned v fountain may have something to do with sharing - which is prohibited ...

Thanks!

17 hours ago, NavyVeteran said:

As stated by others, there are no water fountains. However, the tap water is as good as most bottled water. You can certainly fill a water bottle in your room.

There are water fountains in most if not all the gyms on princess ships.

Additionally, there is water and ice available in the lido (buffet).

Many people fill water bottles from these.

And, I have never had a problem simply asking a bartender for a glass of water...

I, personally, don't like drinking the stateroom-bathroom tap water.

The water is taste-filtered in many location ... like the dining room.

It is not in the stateroom.

And, the water in the stateroom is usually room-temperature, or warmer...

37 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Because the rules of the package now says fountain only. Believe me the syrup used for the fountain drinks is much cheaper than handing out full cans of soda

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

Because the rules of the package now says fountain only. Believe me the syrup used for the fountain drinks is much cheaper than handing out full cans of soda

Not a fan of the watered-down fountain drinks -- been there, done that. Thanks for the post.

9 hours ago, sandancer said:

Thank you. Our only other Princess cruise was years ago and I’m certain things have changed.  Princess Plus is £35 a day. Well worth it. On other ships we have always asked for the mini bar to be emptied and like you used it for bottled water etc. 

Clarification: You appear to be referencing the mini-fridge. The mini-bar is a totally different thing. The mini-bar is provided to Elite passengers and also to Full Suite passengers. Full Suite passengers who are also Elite get two mini-bars. Below is a snippet from a Princess FAQ. It is not the complete info but will give you a good idea regarding the mini-bar. The bottles of liquor are 50ml.

Elite Mini-Bar FAQ

Elite Mini-Bar Question: What will my mini-bar consist of?
Answer: Elite members will get a one-time complimentary mini-bar set-up (1 per Elite stateroom) which consists of two (2) miniature bottles each of Cognac, Gin, Vodka and Scotch Whisky, two (2) 12 ounce cans of beer, two (2) 12 ounce cans/bottles of tonic water, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Coca Cola, two (2) 12 ounce cans of Sprite, two (2) 0.5 liter bottles of water, two (2) 11 ounce bottles of Perrier. The contents of the mini-bar are subject to change.

Edited by Thrak

Regarding the Beverage Package -  can you use the package when you are dining in a Specialty Restaurant?  Only asking, as I see in the Salty Dog  Gastropub they have drinks listed on their menu.  Would you be able to order one of these drinks under the Beverage package.  TIA 

11 minutes ago, CruiseNut24 said:

Regarding the Beverage Package -  can you use the package when you are dining in a Specialty Restaurant?  Only asking, as I see in the Salty Dog  Gastropub they have drinks listed on their menu.  Would you be able to order one of these drinks under the Beverage package.  TIA 

yes, the package can be used in specialty restaurants

As for water, I have always found the tap water excellent. And since the Steward brings ice a couple time/day, no problem with temperature.  As also pointed out, there is a water dispenser in buffet always, with an ice dispenser right next to it. Water is no problem onboard. 

Neither my friend with whom I travel, nor myself drink booze. But I got an incredible deal on a trip in August 2022 from a TA. Paying the non-Plus price exactly for the Plus deal, and they added $300 in OBC. So I will have the drink package. It will still allow me to drink the upscale teas, mocktails and coffee, so I will certainly enjoy it. 

And instead of the usual 'coffee card' I will now have lots of Perrier as a mini-bar setup. 

I usually do not consider amenities much, as itinerary is mostly my guiding star. But that does not mean I wont enjoy an opportunity to indulge.