FCC’s extended....sort of

Great news for all that had FCC’s that were issued under CWC (you cancelled).  They have now been extended until April 30, 2022 whereas before they expired Dec. 30, 2021.

19. Assuming my client opts for a Future Cruise Credit, what is the redemption deadline?
NEW!! Cruise with Confidence FCCs expire on April 30, 2022 or 12 months from the cancellation date, whichever is further out.

There are no changes to the expiry date of global suspension cancellations (Royal Cancelled) and those still expire April 30, 2022.

• Like 2

Help me understand, I just got their email and don’t see what’s different from what we’re were told back in May

In May we were told we must book by December of 2021 and sail by April 2022

This from today’s email:

Not to worry though! We want to make sure your credits don’t go unused, so we’ve extended your Future Cruise Credit expiration date to April 30th, 2022. Now, you’ll have until April 30th, 2022 to apply your certificate to a Royal Caribbean International cruise that sets sail on or before the same date.”

What is different?

Bob

From what I read, it looks like it extends the timeframe for bookings to be made by 4 months but the actual expiry date remains the same (April 30 2022). This really doesn't help me much as I would always book several months in advance anyway, and I have no idea when we'll get to be able to cruise again. Oh well, I'm hoping they may extend our actual expiration dates to the end of 2022 which would be a big help.

• Like 2

Just now, londongal796 said:

From what I read, it looks like it extends the timeframe for bookings to be made by 4 months but the actual expiry date remains the same (April 30 2022). This really doesn't help me much as I would always book several months in advance anyway, and I have no idea when we'll get to be able to cruise again. Oh well, I'm hoping they may extend our actual expiration dates to the end of 2022 which would be a big help.

I'm with you on this! I need the daily by date to be extended through July 2022

• Like 1

I interpret it to mean you still must sail by April 2022, which isn’t new.   They have allowed you to book thru April 2022,  which is an extension of 4 months

Im any case, it’s another example of poor communication from RCCL.   We all read it differently and we aren’t all dumb 🙂

I just got the email.  We have cruises booked for this May (prob not happening as one is to Canada and the other to Bermuda, both out of NJ, b2b, also b2b in Nov on HOTS which is more likely.  We also have an early April 12 night on Enchantment out of Baltimore so we'll use our FCC on one of those.  It's just for our deposit because we cancelled before final payment and before RCI cancelled it.  

Here's what it says as to use:  "Now, you’ll have until April 30th, 2022 to apply your certificate to a Royal Caribbean International cruise that sets sail on or before the same date." 

7 minutes ago, BND said:

I just got the email.  We have cruises booked for this May (prob not happening as one is to Canada and the other to Bermuda, both out of NJ, b2b, also b2b in Nov on HOTS which is more likely.  We also have an early April 12 night on Enchantment out of Baltimore so we'll use our FCC on one of those.  It's just for our deposit because we cancelled before final payment and before RCI cancelled it.  

Here's what it says as to use:  "Now, you’ll have until April 30th, 2022 to apply your certificate to a Royal Caribbean International cruise that sets sail on or before the same date." 

Thanks for sharing this... really dumb, if you ask me, that someone can book by April 30, 2022 but must also sail by that same date. That makes no sense whatsoever.

14 minutes ago, BND said:

I got the email, but still waiting on FCC🤭

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We have six 2020 CWC FCCs that we've already applied to six cruises from May 2021 through February 27, 2022, and did an L&S for a March 2021 cruise that had a FCC on it to an April 17, 2022 cruise and the FCC transferred without issue, so I must be missing what's actually changed at street (system) level.

1 hour ago, onthewater51 said:

Help me understand, I just got their email and don’t see what’s different from what we’re were told back in May

In May we were told we must book by December of 2021 and sail by April 2022

This from today’s email:

Not to worry though! We want to make sure your credits don’t go unused, so we’ve extended your Future Cruise Credit expiration date to April 30th, 2022. Now, you’ll have until April 30th, 2022 to apply your certificate to a Royal Caribbean International cruise that sets sail on or before the same date.”

What is different?

Bob

My FCCs only applied to "sailing that commences on or before December 31, 2021."  The new announcement extends  an additional 4 months.

• Like 1

Great news.  Thanks for sharing.  We have 3 FCCs (with 1 being full cruise fare amount - that we cancelled) but now only 2 cruises in 2021...one of which I doubt will occur.  So great that they now can be applied to at least March break 2022.

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, onthewater51 said:

I interpret it to mean you still must sail by April 2022, which isn’t new.   They have allowed you to book thru April 2022,  which is an extension of 4 months

Im any case, it’s another example of poor communication from RCCL.   We all read it differently and we aren’t all dumb 🙂

As I mentioned in my original post there are two types of FCC's that have been issued each with a different expiry date.

If you cancelled a sailing you had to apply and sail; by Dec 31, 2021.

If Royal cancelled the sailing you had to apply by Dec 31, 2021 but you could sail by April 30 2022.

With the new policy EVERY FCC issued after March 15 regardless of how it was issued  has an apply by and sail by date of April 30, 2022

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, LuCruise said:

Great news.  Thanks for sharing.  We have 3 FCCs (with 1 being full cruise fare amount - that we cancelled) but now only 2 cruises in 2021...one of which I doubt will occur.  So great that they now can be applied to at least March break 2022.

I just saw this on one of my e mails.  Looks like people who cancelled prior to the 16th are not part of this.

only one date to remember — Book and Sail by April 30th, 2022! This includes all unredeemed FCCs generated as a result of a suspended sailing, the Cruise with Confidence program, and non-refundable deposit credits issued after March 16, 2020. 

@Ourusualbeach

Pls. Ken, a question for friends --

We were with them on the Millennium exactly 2 years ago and they got FCC for A/C not functioning in their cabin (300$ pp).

They applied it towards same ship March 2020. The cruise was cancelled by X. The FCC expires this month.

Is this extension relevant to them? Thanks in advance, Dani 🌼

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I just saw this on one of my e mails.  Looks like people who cancelled prior to the 16th are not part of this.

only one date to remember — Book and Sail by April 30th, 2022! This includes all unredeemed FCCs generated as a result of a suspended sailing, the Cruise with Confidence program, and non-refundable deposit credits issued after March 16, 2020. 

Thanks for clarifying.  Wonder why they cut off that first few days?

Anyways, "should" still be ok for us.

For our March 2020 (we cancelled before the 16th), the plan is to apply it to Dec 2021.

We still have an Aug 2020 that we cancelled, we would have lost this one....so that can now be used for March 2022.  Also have another one planning on applying to Aug 2021...but guessing this one won't go so will get re-issued..

13 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

@Ourusualbeach

Pls. Ken, a question for friends --

We were with them on the Millennium exactly 2 years ago and they got FCC for A/C not functioning in their cabin (300$ pp).

They applied it towards same ship March 2020. The cruise was cancelled by X. The FCC expires this month.

Is this extension relevant to them? Thanks in advance, Dani 🌼

It depends on whether the FCC was reissued or if it was a new one.  They will need to call.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, LuCruise said:

Thanks for clarifying.  Wonder why they cut off that first few days?

Anyways, "should" still be ok for us.

For our March 2020 (we cancelled before the 16th), the plan is to apply it to Dec 2021.

We still have an Aug 2020 that we cancelled, we would have lost this one....so that can now be used for March 2022.  Also have another one planning on applying to Aug 2021...but guessing this one won't go so will get re-issued..

I'm also not sure about the wording as it states FCC's issued after the 16th.  Even cruises cancelled before the 16th would not have had FCC's issued until after the 16th.

Glad to hear that it won't matter for you...one less thing to worry about.

Just got all my FCC's sorted out yesterday and march 2021 paid off...i just need to make my final payment of $14.

• Like 2