Best Rum Runner

This guy Jim is the original, I have used them for many, many years. Never been detected.

Excellent customer service.

Have booked a Celebrity for later this year where the Beverage Package is no longer a choice (it's "included") , but I will still be bringing a flask. I don't always want to get dressed and go out to a bar to have a cocktail.

Flame away, but I'm  not part of the group that wants to wander the ship a) in yard work/car wash  clothes, or b) in my pajamas. 

https://www.easytravelerinc.com/index.aspx

Edited by EatonDoolittle
  • Like 4

Reminds me of the time that some hooligans stole our cooler (our name was on it) full of burgers and beer that we had for our camping weekend. Our cooler was found at a house after the kids had eaten the burgers and drank a lot of the beer, only because one drunk idiot decided to call 911 just to see if they could find him. 🤣

Tip: RCI employees do read these posts. No flamin'; just sayin'!😉

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SilkySal said:

Reminds me of the time that some hooligans stole our cooler (our name was on it) full of burgers and beer that we had for our camping weekend. Our cooler was found at a house after the kids had eaten the burgers and drank a lot of the beer, only because one drunk idiot decided to call 911 just to see if they could find him. 🤣

Tip: RCI employees do read these posts. No flamin'; just sayin'!😉

Its not like anyones name is listed here .. how would these "RC employees" identify somone off this site?    And really .. once cruising starts,  the last thing theyre gonna go is be militantly searching checked bags to hunt down Rum Runner flasks, i don't think.   

• Haha 1

I bought in on the original rum runners and used them on the first few cruises.  They are still fully functional, but now I only use them for land cruising.  Makes an easy nightcap after checking in to a hotel after a long day in the car.  It helps me through a night on a hotel bed before getting back on the road the next morning.

I've always used these .. never an issue  (in checked luggage, of course).     

https://www.rumrunnerflasks.com/

Nothing wrong with smuggling some spirits on board  to keep in your cabin.   I agree .. sometimes u just wanna make a couple of cocktails without leaving your cabin.  I always buy the liquor package too  (which costs a fortune)  .. so they still make plenty of $ off me in that area in spite of my stash in the cabin.   

I know all the Karens on here are infuriated and their heads are spinning, but sorry, not sorry.   Mind ya bizness!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So, since now I'm leaning towards no drink package...  Does anyone have a favorite, effective rum runner?  It would be handy, to bring a bit of bourbon and Malibu onboard....

All most of us want to do is get on a ship again and this is what you are worrying about?

4 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Security knows all the secrets. Don't waste your time and money.

nope, nope, nope and nope

I always bring something on board. we drink it the first couple of days and then buy the alcohol package. We always get the refreshment package at a discount and then I upgrade 2 or 3 days into a trip.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So, since now I'm leaning towards no drink package...  Does anyone have a favorite, effective rum runner?  It would be handy, to bring a bit of bourbon and Malibu onboard....

The best rum runners are the ones you can legally bring on board.

(That answer should be pretty easy to figure out).

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

All most of us want to do is get on a ship again and this is what you are worrying about?

Yep!  I’m trying to just normally plan my next cruise.  And, pretend like there isn’t a chance it might not sail.  Mentally, I need something “normal” to focus on.  Sorry if it bothers you.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, csnarpy said:

I always bring something on board. we drink it the first couple of days and then buy the alcohol package. We always get the refreshment package at a discount and then I upgrade 2 or 3 days into a trip.

That’s actually a good idea that I didn’t even think about 🙂. It’s only a 6 night...  I wonder if they will offer the drink pkg still on day 3?  That would be approx the day our 2 bottles of wine will be gone...

This forum is about offering advice from personal experience, not minding one's own "bizness" (offense taken). You can do what you want; I was just offering advice. RCI staff can find out who you are because of your membership in CC, whereby a Meet & Mingle is held on board and a written invitation is delivered to your cabin, so yes, they do know who you are, if they want to pursue checking your luggage. We have had 2 different couples/friends of ours, whose luggage was sent to the "naughty room" and had their alcohol confiscated and may have been blacklisted for future luggage searches. However, like I said, you are free to do whatever you choose but no whining if or when you get busted.

In the past, one has been able to purchase a drink package as long as there are at least 4 full days of cruising left, not counting the morning you return to port.

I apologize if I have offended anyone. Happy cruising to all of you and CHEERS!🥂

• Like 2

15 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Yep!  I’m trying to just normally plan my next cruise.  And, pretend like there isn’t a chance it might not sail.  Mentally, I need something “normal” to focus on.  Sorry if it bothers you.

You have done an awesome job over the past couple of days getting C.C. back on track.🙂

• Like 3

I've used rum runners and the old "beer inside the soda pack" gambit in the past, when craft beer wasn't served on board ships.  Was never caught or sent to any naughty room. The increased scrutiny by security and hassle with planning and packing these things put a stop to it for me.   Smaller rum runners with good bourbon or single malt scotch worked well.  They fit inside the pockets of cargo shorts and pants. Just don't have keys or loose change in your pockets. 

I stopped smuggling when drink package were introduced but smuggled for over 25 cruises using just water bottles filled with cognacs, another good way is since most allow a bottle of wine empty wine and replace with scotch etc, need to then replace cork and foil .

• Like 1

On 1/7/2021 at 12:51 PM, vacationlover_mn said:

It's been awhile since I smuggled. Not even sure if we still have the rum runners. But a quick search revealed a few possibilities:

Doubtful they would confiscate this:

https://www.wearyourbeer.com/fake-tampon-hidden-smugglers-flask-p-37321.html?gclid=Cj0KCQiArvX_BRCyARIsAKsnTxOn2EjyeN-4lAgCJNdKevTaD2h9Tm_IrHu3MHiWZzHwoNInoapVzzIaAt-oEALw_wcB

And if you're extra daring and willing to risk getting frisked, try this:

https://www.amazon.com/Original-WineRack-Booze-Bra-Flask/dp/B0815XSQFZ

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

I stopped smuggling when drink package were introduced but smuggled for over 25 cruises using just water bottles filled with cognacs, another good way is since most allow a bottle of wine empty wine and replace with scotch etc, need to then replace cork and foil .

George,

Doesn't work anymore.  Water is available to be purchased on ships.  And Security will pick up water bottles and shake them.  Since cognac is not clear, like some moonshine or tequila, you'd be stopped.