When was your last cruise?

Feb 20, 2020, Grandeur of the Seas, 8 night "Bahamas" - Baltimore, Nassau (skipped port), Coco Cay, Port Canaveral, Charleston, Baltimore.

* Boarding was delayed for deep cleaning for "flu-like" symptoms on previous sailing.

* Departure was delayed due to weather - storm moving up the east coast.  Anchored in Chesapeake Bay overnight thru the following afternoon.

* Nassau was skipped due to delayed departure.

* Emergency stop in Port Canaveral for medical evaluation.

* Beautiful day at Coco Cay.

* Cool and windy at Port Canaveral.

* Rain in Charleston.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 1

3/2/20 11 nights on Serenade of the Seas. Disembarked 3/13/20. We were lucky enough to be on one of the last full cruises before all this crap started. 

We were also lucky enough to call on Costa Rica, Panama, Columbia, Aruba and Curacao with no hitches in our journey. Made all ports and returned on time. 

Edited by MiniChunks
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, MiniChunks said:

3/2/20 11 nights on Serenade of the Seas. Disembarked 3/13/20. We were lucky enough to be on one of the last full cruises before all this crap started. 

We were also lucky enough to call on Costa Rica, Panama, Columbia, Aruba and Curacao with no hitches in our journey. Made all ports and returned on time. 

I did this in Dec 2019. Great itinerary!

March 8-15 2020 on HAL.  Pretty much the end of cruising except for some infected ships wandering around.  It was a fantastic cruise, missed one port but that was due to weather not covid.  It was surreal cruising that week listening to news of the world shutting down every day.

We had planned to spend a week in Destin after the cruise, but just got in the car and drove home to Michigan.....

Edited by bouhunter
  • Like 2

I was on the Allure Transatlantic March 1, 2020. We disembarked in Barcelona on March 13. I quickly flew to the UK for a few days and then back to the states to quarantine. 

It was a bit chaotic as I had to change my travel plans three times while on the TA. I spent my last days at sea trying to email/call to change and cancel my post cruise plans. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, klass2 said:

I was on the Allure Transatlantic March 1, 2020. We disembarked in Barcelona on March 13. I quickly flew to the UK for a few days and then back to the states to quarantine. 

It was a bit chaotic as I had to change my travel plans three times while on the TA. I spent my last days at sea trying to email/call to change and cancel my post cruise plans. 

Same as us, but we spent one night in Barcelona.  Flight to Heathrow the next morning, then home. 

• Like 3

Got sick toward the end of the first leg of a B2B in February 2020.  We had to cancel the 2nd week to fly home.  When straight to the hospital and was admitted for 5 days with flu/pneumonia. 

After spending a night in the ship ER, all I wanted to do was get home.  I would never want to be really sick on a ship!

• Like 1

Dec 8 2019 Anthem of the Seas .. 12 nights .. WE were fine .. but many towards the end of cruise or when they returned home were ill.  Flu like symptons and coughs for weeks afterward.  Many thought they had Covid at that time BEFORE it was announced. Who knows! 

4 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Feb 20, 2020, Grandeur of the Seas, 8 night "Bahamas" - Baltimore, Nassau (skipped port), Coco Cay, Port Canaveral, Charleston, Baltimore.

* Boarding was delayed for deep cleaning for "flu-like" symptoms on previous sailing.

* Departure was delayed due to weather - storm moving up the east coast.  Anchored in Chesapeake Bay overnight thru the following afternoon.

* Nassau was skipped due to delayed departure.

* Emergency stop in Port Canaveral for medical evaluation.

* Beautiful day at Coco Cay.

* Cool and windy at Port Canaveral.

* Rain in Charleston.

My last cruise was the Grandeur, debarking on 20 Feb 2020.  Emergency stop in SC, skipped St Croix to make up time.  Piano player in the Schooner got the flu and couldn't entertain the last 2 nights.  Lots of folks with the flu.  Rumors ran rampant about did we get that new virus or what.  Got nothing from RCI explaining what went wrong, but then I didn't expect to either.  Didn't discourage me either, as I still have two cruises on the books, and I'm sure hoping they both sail.

• Like 1