Am I crazy!

My DH and I have a couple of iffy cruises scheduled on the Oasis.  First- end of May, Second August- 2021.  I will "assume" our January 2022 cruises will be a go.  
I am still looking at items to add to the two cruises.  Just booked a day at cococay beach club for both and some spa appts.  Also booked a drink package for the May cruise as it was a good sale.

Anybody else still booking extras for cruises scheduled for 2021?  I am doubtful that any cruises will take place- but who knows.  I would sail even if the ship docks in cococay and spends three days at that location- don't need to get off in Florida or Bahama's.

Any thoughts?

2 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

My DH and I have a couple of iffy cruises scheduled on the Oasis.  First- end of May, Second August- 2021.  I will "assume" our January 2022 cruises will be a go.  
I am still looking at items to add to the two cruises.  Just booked a day at cococay beach club for both and some spa appts.  Also booked a drink package for the May cruise as it was a good sale.

Anybody else still booking extras for cruises scheduled for 2021?  I am doubtful that any cruises will take place- but who knows.  I would sail even if the ship docks in cococay and spends three days at that location- don't need to get off in Florida or Bahama's.

Any thoughts?

I’m on B2B Oasis in October & have booked specialty restaurants & Coco Cay Beach Club. Not sure though if they will allow B2B so may have to cancel one leg of it. Cancelled my May B2B Oasis already last week. 

21 minutes ago, LorraineP said:

I’m on B2B Oasis in October & have booked specialty restaurants & Coco Cay Beach Club. Not sure though if they will allow B2B so may have to cancel one leg of it. Cancelled my May B2B Oasis already last week. 

My January cruises are a b/2/b, but by them, hopefully things will settle down- However, the cruises are from florida in January, and after seeing the pictures of mostly young people maskless in Florida, carrying on during the super Bowl, could ruin it for us.

Edited by Cruise a holic

15 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

My January cruises are a b/2/b, but by them, hopefully things will settle down- However, the cruises are from florida in January, and after seeing the pictures of mostly young people maskless in Florida, carrying on during the super Bowl, could ruin it for us.

I have January 2022 Anthem B2B leaving out of Bayonne, fingers crossed with that one also. 

Our only 2021 cruise isn't until December 27th. It is so far out, I am hoping that it will sail. So yes, I did buy a beverage package, unlimited dining and the Coco Beach Club pass. The prices were good and I'm okay loaning it to Royal. I know the risks, but I'm willing to take the chance. 

• Like 5

I had cleared my 2021 cruise calendar but I've since added some fall 2021 cruises, mostly on a refundable basis but a couple of NRD.  This has been largely influenced by moving so that an airplane ride to cruise is no longer required but also news surrounding vaccines.

I am hoping limited short cruises on one or two ships could happen this summer.  That's optimistic and may prove impossible but I am choosing to keep the glass half full.  

I was discouraged by so many bookings and subsequent cancellations.  However I currently think we are getting closer and once the first cruises are announced the floodgates will open slightly and reduced capacity ships will book up quickly.  So I'm hedging my position by adding some fall cruises just in case.  

My cruise line stimulus investment may prove unwise but if my small contribution helps them survive a little bit longer I'm okay with that risk.

• Like 8

I continue to purchase the "regular" CP items that I always buy for all of my bookings (DBP+Voom, UDP and the occasional cabana or Coco Cay Beach Club).  I realize that some of my upcoming cruises (May, July) may not sail and I'm ok with getting a refund for those purchases (I've had over a dozen cancelled so far and have always gotten all of my money refunded....eventually).  I fully expect that when the return to cruising is announced, the CP items will go up in price and stay there.  It's a gamble.  I accept that.  The only purchases I have not yet made are for those in 2022 where the DBP has never been reduced in price.  Maybe they never will.  If they don't come down I will just pay by-the-drink, use my D+ Voom amenity, purchase whatever specialty dining I want and move on.

• Like 1

We have a cruise scheduled for mid-November and will wait until we know that it will happen before we buy any extras for it. At a minimum we need to get our vaccinations first and then of course the cruise can't be cancelled. I have only put down the deposit and will make the final payment when it's due.

18 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

If you have the money to loan to Royal and you get it back eventually I see no harm and do not believe you are crazy. I feel you are highly optimistic though and that is not a bad thing to be these days. 

Yes.  My DH just got his second vaccine yesterday.  I get mine in a couple of weeks- he is a teacher and I assist a physician.

My remaining 2021 cruise were pre-COVID bookings, but I have added some for 2022, and one for Jan 2023. Some refundable, most NRD because of cabin. 

I’m not going out of my way to book any cruise planner purchases, although I do peek occasionally. If I found a really good price on a cabana,  I might be tempted. 

mac_tlc

Now that Alaska is pretty much "off the table" of course in my cruise planner, EVERYTHING has dropped in price.  Deluxe Bev package - 43.00 pp/pd, UDP - 179.00, White Pass train - 110.99.  They are already holding over 3 grand of my money and have been for a couple years.  They arent getting another dime from me

32 minutes ago, ryano said:

Now that Alaska is pretty much "off the table" of course in my cruise planner, EVERYTHING has dropped in price.  Deluxe Bev package - 43.00 pp/pd, UDP - 179.00, White Pass train - 110.99.  They are already holding over 3 grand of my money and have been for a couple years.  They arent getting another dime from me

That just coincides with a cruise planner sale that started last week and ends today.

I'm booked on Alaska as well this summer and everything that I have booked since Black Friday onwards is the same price or more expensive.

Yes there may be some savings with the sale but they are not tied to the pending Alaska season cancellation.

32 minutes ago, sellwingri said:

Now that many staff are being called back in May and June, call me an optimist but I think we’ll sail in July.  

I hope are right. That would give me plenty of time to figure out if I want to make any final payments on next year's cruises.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sellwingri said:

Now that many staff are being called back in May and June, call me an optimist but I think we’ll sail in July.  

4 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

I'll start being optimistic when the CDC allows the cruise lines to start their test cruises.

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I hope are right. That would give me plenty of time to figure out if I want to make any final payments on next year's cruises.

The light at the end of the tunnel may very well not be an oncoming train, but herd immunity a lot sooner than originally estimated between vaccinations and recovering population/.

The new case rates are dropping like a stone:

Capture.JPG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

The light at the end of the tunnel may very well not be an oncoming train, but herd immunity a lot sooner than originally estimated between vaccinations and recovering population/.

The new case rates are dropping like a stone:

Capture.JPG

Yes, I am aware. Hopefully, the trend continues.