Will you cruise if vaccination is mandatory in order to board?

Thrak

As a matter of interest, the WHO now says that it is better if the second injection is delayed until 12 weeks after the first one. The longer the wait after the first injection, the more efficacious is the second. So, don't rush to have your second injection, and certainly don't have one only three weeks after the first one.

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

As a matter of interest, the WHO now says that it is better if the second injection is delayed until 12 weeks after the first one. The longer the wait after the first injection, the more efficacious is the second. So, don't rush to have your second injection, and certainly don't have one only three weeks after the first one.

Could you provide a link?   I would like to read the article. Thank you 

• Like 1

I already answered Yes and then I thought about one concern.

We have a family cruise planned for February 2022---rescheduled from this week actually 😢

The grandkids are coming and will be 5 and 2 by then. From what I have read, it is doubtful that they will even study those under 6, let alone vaccinate them. Do you think it would be possible for under 6s to be an exception? It seems like the odds are they would get it from adults more likely than adults would get it from them due to viral loads and all that....

19 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Could you provide a link?   I would like to read the article. Thank you 

Trying to find the link again. 

Try this one for starters

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/is-it-safe-to-delay-a-second-covid-vaccine-dose/

And this one as well

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-uk-vindicated-over-brave-decision-to-delay-second-vaccine-dose-who-official-says-12211550

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

I already answered Yes and then I thought about one concern.

We have a family cruise planned for February 2022---rescheduled from this week actually 😢

The grandkids are coming and will be 5 and 2 by then. From what I have read, it is doubtful that they will even study those under 6, let alone vaccinate them. Do you think it would be possible for under 6s to be an exception? It seems like the odds are they would get it from adults more likely than adults would get it from them due to viral loads and all that....

And here’s a great example of why I’d like vaccines to be required for everyone who can medically get one.   

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

I am in agreement...for now.  If masks are required, that means that the overall cruise atmosphere will be altered too drastically for me to want partake.  But if masks become the norm and stay that way for several years, I suppose I might break down and join in.  I doubt that will come to pass,

you haven’t been playing close attention to the government’s messaging, then.

Yes! The vaccine should be mandatory when boarding a ship. My wife and I just got our second dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday. Make sure you save your CDC vaccine card. Ours has the dates the vaccine was administered, the Pfizer batch number and was signed by a health professional at the hospital. At least the card is a start to some kind of proof to show the cruise line.

Cheers - Ken & Darlene

Yes! I am hoping to get vaccinated as soon as I can. I am also strongly suggesting to my kids to get vaccinated when they can (they are 22 and 21, and the oldest is grown and flown and the younger one grown and almost flown, so I can't really require them to get vaccinated) especially if they want to cruise with us in January 2022 (fingers crossed).

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

That is for the Oxford vaccine. We don't have that one yet in the US. In the US I would follow the recomended intervals for the two vaccines we have.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Thanks.  

That is for the Oxford vaccine which they have in the UK and Europe.. We don't have that one yet in the US. In the US I would follow the recomended intervals for the two vaccines we have. 21 days for the Pfizer and 24 for Moderna. 

• Like 2

Absolutely yes.  I had Covid in November; Even at 75 it was a mild case; if not for this virus going around I would have thought I had a mild sinus infection.  My husband was much sicker, like a really, really bad cold with some chest issues, but he recovered well too.

I got my first shot yesterday; hubby couldn't as he had his 2nd shingle shot a week ago.

Edited by Nebr.cruiser

1 hour ago, RiotAct said:

you haven’t been playing close attention to the government’s messaging, then.

I have. I don’t think that there is anything yet suggesting that masks will be required in 2023 and beyond. My point is that if masks are in fact required in 2023, I will refrain from taking a cruise. If they are still required in 2025, I would take another look.