Carnival Downgraded to Sell With 30% Decline in Stock Predicted

CrankyOldGuy

1 minute ago, mjmalino said:

same here

I should have qualified. We have had our stock since our first cruise in 2007, so we have gotten a fair share of OBC over the years as well. That being said, we are hoping to recoup at least some of what we have lost over the past year.

• Like 1

This so-called analyst is just guessing but based on the financial fundamentals they're overpriced but who knows what the real price should be. The good news is that there are some significant price swings between $18 - $23 so if you actively trade and don't get greedy there is money to be made. 

• Like 3

I have been watching the share price for some time.   We have 2  20 ( 1   5+15 B2B)  night cruises upcoming and 1 7 night that is going to be cancelled for a total $650 OBC.  To me that is a pretty good early return on my potential investment.  I have time and patience so would not worry about some fluctuations.  My DIL thinks I'm crazy but I have a buy price in mind and if it hits that I'll grab it.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sprocket said:

I have been watching the share price for some time.   We have 2  20 ( 1   5+15 B2B)  night cruises upcoming and 1 7 night that is going to be cancelled for a total $650 OBC.  To me that is a pretty good early return on my potential investment.  I have time and patience so would not worry about some fluctuations.  My DIL thinks I'm crazy but I have a buy price in mind and if it hits that I'll grab it.  

I have to side with the DIL at this point. Purchasing any Cruiseline shares is no better than playing the slots on a ship. Unless you can buy enough shares (100) to get the Shareholder benefits or they start paying a dividend again, which isn't happening, then you're getting nothing to sit on the shares. I think that the avid cruisers can only keep these shares artificially elevated for so long. The only good thing with these shares is the high daily swings (3-5%) to make some quick money, as long as you're on the right side of the swing.

I guess I'm now qualified to write articles for Motley Fool. LOL

15 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

We bought at $8 so we're holding.

If it gets to $8 I will buy in again.  I couldn’t get my funds transferred quickly enough to get in then.  Now that I am set up, I can act quickly.  I truly believe it will get back to a price that is closer to $60, but that will take years.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deepcman said:

Purchasing any Cruiseline shares is no better than playing the slots on a ship.

Of course that can be said of any stock.

The problem is that many individual investors buy high and sell low rather than the other way around.

If you want to buy a suit, you will often look for a sale. Well, last March almost every stock was on sale and that was the time to purchase stocks in companies that you believed had a good future. If a cruise line was one of those, that was a good time to purchase.

For example, the low for Royal Caribbean last year was $19.25/share. It is currently at $67.63.  RCL was on sale. Now it is difficult to actually buy a stock at its lowest point, but if there is a sale, just buy in at what you feel is a good price point.

Even a suit you bought on sale last week might be at a lower price this week, but you bought it at what you deemed to be a good price.

I look at it this way, you invest in what you use.  We bought this stock at a great price years ago and then again when the whole market took a dump and we'll buy more when the price is right, but I don't see us selling stock in a company we feel we are more than shareholders.  At this point we are ambassadors and stakeholders and proud of it. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Grego said:

I look at it this way, you invest in what you use.  We bought this stock at a great price years ago and then again when the whole market took a dump and we'll buy more when the price is right, but I don't see us selling stock in a company we feel we are more than shareholders.  At this point we are ambassadors and stakeholders and proud of it. 

Same here100%

• Like 2

I trade this stock all the time, several things to understand, CCL has be selling shares and diluting stock value to pay down debt.   People were planning on cruises getting going by summer at the latest.  We might see it back under $10 if more cancellations happen.  If we get a market dip in the short term it could go even lower IMHO.  Buying 100 share to get OBC is fine at any price but the money to be made is buy on a big dip then sell quickly and not get greedy when it spikes up. 

When it was $50+ a share they paid $.50 share every quarter.  They now pay zero.  There use to be 550M share outstanding now 778M shares.  I don't see the dividend coming back for years and share price returning to $50 for  decade or more.  Trade it make money, keep it and watch your cash washout to sea...

All just my2cents,

framer

• Like 3

We bought a total of 155 shares with an average price somewhere between $12-$13, with the lowest being $8 per share. When the stock hit $24 we sold off 55 shares, which covered our original purchases and basically left us with 100 shares for free. Even if the stock tanks, we're holding, as we have nothing to lose at this point.

• Like 5

Bought @ 8.69, 15.79, & 17.79. Sold @ 16.71 & 17.74. Net in 8.73. If I sail on the 5 I still have booked then I've got 800 OBC. Also I 'saved' over 12k not cruising this year so I more than recovered the 3.4k I lost when CCL tanked. Yes, it's in my trading account not my core account.

It's all relative