Club class dining but eating in regular dining room

MudderBear

6 hours ago, skynight said:

There is no charge for room service meals. There is a charge if you order drinks which I'm fairly sure can be charged to various accounts.

There is a charge for ultimate balcony dining, $100/couple for dinner, $50/couple for breakfast.

There is a charge for pizza delivered by room service.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john watson said:

If it is not every night you could ask if you friends could join you in the club class dining area.  After a couple of days a trend regarding tables might be observed by the staff.  Other than that it's specialty dining as a group.

Regards John

That will not work all passengers need to show their cruise card or medallion when entering club class until they get to know you

• Like 2

2 hours ago, brisalta said:

I think that suites get at least one order of each of those gratis.

That depends on who's in charge.  They have "discontinued" the chocolate covered strawberries but are very happy to "order for $$$".   I've occasionally received them when I write them in on my nightly "canopy" slip.  Very hit and miss.

13 hours ago, john watson said:

If it is not every night you could ask if you friends could join you in the club class dining area.  After a couple of days a trend regarding tables might be observed by the staff.  Other than that it's specialty dining as a group.

Regards John

Only those in full suites or club class minis are permitted to dine in the club class section of the DR. No guests are permitted. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure based on previous posts that MudderBear is booking an M10x Club Class Mini forward on the Majestic.

Balcony is huge of course but not sheltered, so balcony dining would likely be limited to while in port (or sailing downwind 😇 on a warm day).  No room for 4 to dine inside comfortably.    Not sure if there are any late departure ports so UBD would be problematic.

No Room Service MDR menu as in a full Suite. 

4 hours ago, skynight said:

Only those in full suites or club class minis are permitted to dine in the club class section of the DR. No guests are permitted. 

That is the way it should be.  If you don't pay for a suite, you are not welcome to any of the suite privileges.  

18 hours ago, john watson said:

Regards John

If your friends haven't paid for club class based on their cabin they may be embarrassed to be turned away. It's a bad suggestion to try to get something you're not entitled to. 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 11:41 AM, MudderBear said:

Hello.  Very good friends of ours might join us on our cruise, but they won't be booking Club Class like we are.  If we sat with them in the regular dining room, would we be able to order the "extra" that is being served in Club Class?  In other words, if the "extra" was a lobster tail or something, would we be able to get that even if we are in the main dining room and not the club class section?

Thanks.

I'm surprised that nobody has brought this up yet.  Club class guests should not be taking up seats in the "regular"(your word, not mine) dining room.  I would not like to have to wait in line while a club class guest had a seat in the Main Dining Room while leaving seats unused in the club class dining room.

1 hour ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I'm surprised that nobody has brought this up yet.  Club class guests should not be taking up seats in the "regular"(your word, not mine) dining room.  I would not like to have to wait in line while a club class guest had a seat in the Main Dining Room while leaving seats unused in the club class dining room.

The reason it's not been brought up is because it's allowed. Club Class guests have the option of Club Class, Anytime or Traditional as do full suites. When you pay 3 and 4 times the fare as an inside passenger you get choices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

1 hour ago, cruzsnooze said:

The reason it's not been brought up is because it's allowed. Club Class guests have the option of Club Class, Anytime or Traditional as do full suites. When you pay 3 and 4 times the fare as an inside passenger you get choices.

Thank you, cruzsnooze, I stand corrected.

21 minutes ago, 2 cruises a year said:

Thank you, cruzsnooze, I stand corrected.

You know the cliche, money talks bullsh*t walks !! Technically everyone gets great service on a cruise but some categories do get extra perks and services.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships/club-class/ClubClass-eFlyer.pdf

Edited by cruzsnooze

On 2/18/2021 at 5:53 PM, I object 2 said:

We've experienced Club Class dining several times.  The "extra" item served was either a special salad, a pasta dish, or a dessert not available on the regular dining menu.  The head waiter of the Club Class section usually prepared this additional option in a section of the Club Class dining area.   Sorry.....no lobster.    

AND, many nights the matre'd made a special pasta dish in the regular dining room...not every night but several.

Edited by suzyed
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

If it is allowed, and I am not saying otherwise, surely if huge numbers of Club Class passengers opted for alternative dining venues it would make things a bit awkward.

Regards john

• Like 1

5 hours ago, john watson said:

If it is allowed, and I am not saying otherwise, surely if huge numbers of Club Class passengers opted for alternative dining venues it would make things a bit awkward.

Regards john

Hello.  Original Poster here.  Before we keep going on about this subject, please know that I did NOT want to bring our friends into the Club Class dining area.  I simply asked what the usual Club Class Dining extra is, and if it could be brought to me while in the Main Dining Room.  I was not expecting to get my friends into the Club Class Dining area.  I was simply wondering what the "extra" was, and from what I've learned, it's simply more like a special pasta or ceasars salad.  Nothing to get excited over.  

Anyway, we are not even sure if they are going to book.  In the meantime, I just hope that this trip which was supposed to be in 2020, then 2021, will finally take place in 2022 and that my husband and I are still, God willing, be able to sail.

• Like 2

Hi Mudderbear.  I did not get the impression you were trying to bring friends into club class dinning.  I think some posters were replying to a different poster (not you) who suggested you could bring your fiends to dine with you.  

We liked the club class dining, no wait, but agree the extra dishes were ok.  The food was great anyway.

Hope  you make the trip with your friends and enjoy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MudderBear said:

Hello.  Original Poster here.  Before we keep going on about this subject, please know that I did NOT want to bring our friends into the Club Class dining area.  I simply asked what the usual Club Class Dining extra is, and if it could be brought to me while in the Main Dining Room.  I was not expecting to get my friends into the Club Class Dining area.  I was simply wondering what the "extra" was, and from what I've learned, it's simply more like a special pasta or ceasars salad.  Nothing to get excited over.  

Anyway, we are not even sure if they are going to book.  In the meantime, I just hope that this trip which was supposed to be in 2020, then 2021, will finally take place in 2022 and that my husband and I are still, God willing, be able to sail.

Good, I'm glad we have that resolved.  Look forward to having you aboard.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, john watson said:

Regards john

It is allowed. Go through the motions of making a booking and after you pick your cabin the options for dining (pick a club class or suite cabin) are inclusive of all dining options. There aren't huge numbers of club class, very limited number of mid ship cabins.

3 hours ago, cruzsnooze said:

It is allowed. Go through the motions of making a booking and after you pick your cabin the options for dining (pick a club class or suite cabin) are inclusive of all dining options. There aren't huge numbers of club class, very limited number of mid ship cabins.

Very true.  
I suspect that Princess has more of an issue of passengers who have a precious traditional dining assignment using the Anytime dining option.  On a limited observation sample, there are an increasing number of Traditional dining seats/tables going unused every night.