I've Had Enough !!!

baldilocks

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's not simple in New York. Getting an appointment is like winning the Lottery. A customer gave me a phone number to call. Reservations are open 7 days a week 7am to 10pm. I called and got an appointment for April 13th. A week later I gave the phone number to some friends. They both got appointments for the next day. Today another couple I'm friends with called.  The wife got an appointment for tomorrow and the husband got an appointment for March 20th. All of them have appointments before me. Fortunately I am now getting the vaccine through work on Friday.

Sorry ny is going thru this. I have a cousin in ohio having trouble getting a appointment. I've been contacted 3 times to come in (I signed up for every list I heard of, we can go anywhere in texas).

I hope soon the states get things together. The federal govt is taking over the mass site I went to, took me 6 hours to get my 2nd dose, things just get worse daily there, back to shut down the day after I got my 2nd dose, because of the freeze and they didnt have heaters for the vaccine. Surely things will get better, good luck to you.

5 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Sorry ny is going thru this. I have a cousin in ohio having trouble getting a appointment. I've been contacted 3 times to come in (I signed up for every list I heard of, we can go anywhere in texas).

I hope soon the states get things together. The federal govt is taking over the mass site I went to, took me 6 hours to get my 2nd dose, things just get worse daily there, back to shut down the day after I got my 2nd dose, because of the freeze and they didnt have heaters for the vaccine. Surely things will get better, good luck to you.

Were your parents able to be vaccinated?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Iamcruzin said:

Were your parents able to be vaccinated?

Mom and me went to the zoo mass site, about did her in with her copd. 

Their gp called and would do them both, but mom had her 1st dose, so I just took my dad in. He is supposed to get his 2nd dose Wednesday but I said for mom to ask to make sure as dallas didnt get their shipments last week because of the freeze. She has to call anyway as she is still hurting. I think it was tok many heavy quilts and she has osteoporosis but her ribs and then her hips hurt. I also think her cough from copd is worse and she needs a new nebulizer.  So she has to talk to the doctor anyway. She tried thursday and friday but the doctor was closed for the freeze we guess. Maybe tomorrow will be open.

I looked at hotels about last Wednesday for them, but tbh was scared to drive very far on the ice. They lost power more than me, but I lost water and they didnt. 

Once you get your vaccine I think it's like a big weigh being lifted off. My sister and bil still have covid, he got out of the hospital on oxygen friday, hes worse off then she is. Freezing cold with no heat isnt good to get over covid. 

I am glad you will get your shots thru work, one more person safer. Cheers

26 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

It's not simple in New York. Getting an appointment is like winning the Lottery. A customer gave me a phone number to call. Reservations are open 7 days a week 7am to 10pm. I called and got an appointment for April 13th. A week later I gave the phone number to some friends. They both got appointments for the next day. Today another couple I'm friends with called.  The wife got an appointment for tomorrow and the husband got an appointment for March 20th. All of them have appointments before me. Fortunately I am now getting the vaccine through work on Friday.

Friends of ours living in Melville got appointments for mid March at Woodhull Hospital in Brooklyn.

28 minutes ago, Iamcruzin said:

Please be sure to cancel your April 13th appointment. We are having an issue here with people playing appointment lottery. The county had almost 4,000 no shows county-wide. Speculation is that people made appointments elsewhere and failed to cancel. The vaccines did not go to waste, but locations then have to scramble to give out the leftover doses. :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Their gp called and would do them both, but mom had her 1st dose, so I just took my dad in. He is supposed to get his 2nd dose Wednesday but I said for mom to ask to make sure as dallas didnt get their shipments last week because of the freeze. She has to call anyway as she is still hurting. I think it was tok many heavy quilts and she has osteoporosis but her ribs and then her hips hurt. I also think her cough from copd is worse and she needs a new nebulizer.  So she has to talk to the doctor anyway. She tried thursday and friday but the doctor was closed for the freeze we guess. Maybe tomorrow will be open.

I looked at hotels about last Wednesday for them, but tbh was scared to drive very far on the ice. They lost power more than me, but I lost water and they didnt. 

Once you get your vaccine I think it's like a big weigh being lifted off. My sister and bil still have covid, he got out of the hospital on oxygen friday, hes worse off then she is. Freezing cold with no heat isnt good to get over covid. 

Best wishes for you and your family.

7 hours ago, yogimax said:

I'm tired of this comment in all its forms.  February of last year was completely different.  Indeed, Fauci was not made aware of facts known only to the very pinnacle of American leadership.  It was also made at a time when protective gear, including masks, were in short supply thanks to a failure by that same leadership. 

Comments such as this will only prolong the crisis and delay a safe return to cruising.

How about when Fauci admitted to nudging his talking point about the threshold for herd immunity up a bit to influence public opinion about vaccinations?

• Like 2

Just now, Coralc said:

Please be sure to cancel your April 13th appointment. We are having an issue here with people playing appointment lottery. The county had almost 4,000 no shows county-wide. Speculation is that people made appointments elsewhere and failed to cancel. The vaccines did not go to waste, but locations then have to scramble to give out the leftover doses. :classic_smile:

Oh I plan too. I asked them when I booked the appointment how to go about canceling it because I knew at some point I would be able to get the vaccine through work. I just didn't know how soon. I am going to cancel after I get the first dose. I don't want to take any chances that something will go wrong between now and Friday.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm so sorry about everything that is going on in your family and in Texas! (Texas is one of my favorite states.) When do you expect to have your water back on? We had our second (Moderna) shot last week. At first it was hard to find appointments, but Georgia has a lot of sites open now. 

2 hours ago, billf0401 said:

We are getting our 2nd dose of Moderna tomorrow....we are done with masks. 

We got our second Moderna dose today.  We will continue to wear masks.   Why?

Because we care about other people, not just ourselves.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, billf0401 said:

We are getting our 2nd dose of Moderna tomorrow....we are done with masks.  If required on a cruise we will not be going....

That is a dangerous path to go down. Both me and my son who is disabled multiple organ transplant. We were urged to get vaccinated as soon as possible which we both have had 2 doses of Moderna. We were warned to be VERY careful for the 6 weeks after the first dose of Moderna and 8 weeks after first dose of Pfizer. The danger of getting Covid is very real until fully vaccinated. People think they get the first shot, take off the mask and throw it to the wind. That is how people are getting Covid after the vaccine. People do what they want with no regard of the consequences of their actions. They might as well wait for a year to get it with that kind of thinking. Im more disgusted with people than I am with the  government and that is saying alot.

• Like 6

Dallas decided to play politics with the vaccination. They almost did this about a month ago but backed off but going thru with it now. They will only do vaccinations to 11 zip codes they have chosen as under served. The texas system is supposed to be open to anyone from any county. The governor cut their supply in half. Judge clay Jenkins says he will hope the governor changes his mind. It's more important to dallas to make a political point than to get more shots in arns. 

Fair park will be open for 2nd shots only and ATT stadium open to those in the 11 zip codes. Last I heard parkland hospital also was only doing the 11 zip codes as well. Governor will give the doses to sites willing to vaccinate anyone.

Shame political games are being played with lives. Thank goodness I already got my shots, so glad I dont have to be part of this. I'm very tired of politics about everything. It's no wonder I'm wanting to move to florida.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Missusdubbya said:

I feel sorry for the crew who would be infected by the passengers (who seemingly don't care about the welfare of others as long as they can cruise) in this hypothetical. 

I don't see how they can cruise without unvaccinated staff. On the pearl the noro outbreak was devastating among the crew. We had 3 different cabin stewards and apparently half the entertainment team went down. They were only down for 2 or 3 days. Crew will need to isolate for 10 days to 2 weeks with Covid. And they can't stand the loss of that many crew and that is before anyone dies of it. I can see crew just up and quitting in large numbers. 

19 hours ago, HBE4 said:

It won't be long before someone posts that the flu is more deadly 🙄

It appears that more people in our country died from covid then in all of our wars, we will be at 500,000- flu isn't more deadly.  Listen to the facts. Do not be responsible for family members and loved ones to die.

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 2

An interesting piece of data out this morning in the UK.

4 weeks after the FIRST dose of either the Astrazeneca or Pfizer vaccine the risk of serious infection requiring hospitalization was reduced by 85%.

This piece of research was done among high risk groups who were vaccinated in December/January so they have had time to assess its effectiveness.

Very positive news , especially after just one dose. 

In my opinion , the more effective the vaccines prove to be , the more likely the cruise lines will require them of passengers before sailing.

I for one would feel a whole lot safer if I knew every passenger was vaccinated.

Trials have begun in the UK to assess the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines in the 6-18 year age groups.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

It appears that more people in our country died from covid then in all of our wars, we will be at 500,000- flu isn't more deadly.  Listen to the facts. Do not be responsible for family members and loved ones to die.

You could also say Covid has killed in a year what guns kill in 17 years if there are 30k gun deaths a year - which is a figure i have heard banded about before -

10 hours ago, Coralc said:

Thank you for posting that as I was going to suggest the same.  It is happening all over the place where people are double booked and dont call or email to cancel their other appt.  In some places it is leading to vaccines being thrown out which is horrible to hear.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Dallas decided to play politics with the vaccination. They almost did this about a month ago but backed off but going thru with it now. They will only do vaccinations to 11 zip codes they have chosen as under served. The texas system is supposed to be open to anyone from any county. The governor cut their supply in half. Judge clay Jenkins says he will hope the governor changes his mind. It's more important to dallas to make a political point than to get more shots in arns. 

Fair park will be open for 2nd shots only and ATT stadium open to those in the 11 zip codes. Last I heard parkland hospital also was only doing the 11 zip codes as well. Governor will give the doses to sites willing to vaccinate anyone.

Shame political games are being played with lives. Thank goodness I already got my shots, so glad I dont have to be part of this. I'm very tired of politics about everything. It's no wonder I'm wanting to move to florida.  

I think that’s from the new Administration. Same thing going on here in Florida. Doses are being sent from Feds directly to the inner cities in Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, and Orlando.  Our Governor was bypassed. 

M8

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 10:46 PM, baldilocks said:

As for us, no masks after April.

No...I'm not ready to go that far, even though we're also getting the 2nd moderna in a few weeks. I think many people might take the premature approach that it's party time after getting the vaccinations. 

• Like 2