Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

33 minutes ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

If the vaccine works why would we worry about those who don’t get it? Not trying to be a smarty pants, just trying to understand?

Because if enough people catch the virus (presumably because they were not vaccinated), it could affect people that did get vaccinated, in the form of an altered itinerary or quarantining or other negative impacts on the cruise.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, CaribbeanCrushed said:

If the vaccine works why would we worry about those who don’t get it? Not trying to be a smarty pants, just trying to understand?

Folks who do not get vaccinated are more vulnerable to infection and therefore more vulnerable to severe symptoms requiring hospitalization. The cruise lines want to keep infections down to a minimum. Having un-vaccinated people on board will work against that goal.

All my opinion, of course.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Your buddy, Dr Flipflop, whom you support, says wear two masks even if vaccinated. I assume you follow his narrative?  I believe if you go back and look at your previous posts, you will see where you support that narrative. 

M8

Just because someone supports someone else, doesn’t mean they support everything that person does or believes in. For an example I know you supported a certain person. Did you support EVERYTHING he did? I would hope not. It’s no different than supporting Dr. Fauci. I believe in what he says for the most part, but there are some things I didn’t believe in.

Have you ever believed in something and then changed your mind because new info came up? I guess you could also be called Flipflop, without the Dr. name of course. Just saying. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

You are correct that I do support Dr. Fauci. However, I don't agree with his 2 masks deal. Never will, never have and will never wear 2 masks at the same time. Nope. Not me.

So which Dr Flipflop do you support. No mask, one mask, two mask, or two mask after vaccinated?

M8

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

So which Dr Flipflop do you support. No mask, one mask, two mask, or two mask after vaccinated?

M8

The use of "Dr FlipFlop" is undignified and insulting.  At least have a bit of propriety.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

As far as I know the wearing of two surgical masks has not been Scientifically proven to protect you better, at least I am not aware of a study talking about it, hence I might be wrong. I did make use of it in a couple of situations, personally I felt more safe at that moment, but if it really did protect me better or not I don't know. In various countries in Europe the use of the FFP2 masks is mandatory which seems to be giving you better protection than the simple surgical masks but like with other type of masks, if they are not properly worn these will also not protect you properly.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

53% of poll respondents don’t understand basic science.

In all fairness, some of the 53% would not want to cruise with unvaccinated passengers due to possibility of major cruise itinerary deviations.  
From other comments I’ve read, there’s the thought that it’s more likely masks would be required with unvaccinated passengers aboard.  

Makes no difference to me. I elected to be vaccinated, others will elect not to be. Thank God we have freedom of choice in this matter. Everywhere I go in my daily life, there will be people not vaccinated. I can't go around worrying.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, atgood said:

In all fairness, some of the 53% would not want to cruise with unvaccinated passengers due to possibility of major cruise itinerary deviations.  
From other comments I’ve read, there’s the thought that it’s more likely masks would be required with unvaccinated passengers aboard.  

that’s a good point, I hadn’t thought about that angle.

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

You are being silly now. I have been very clear that I continue to mask even after being fully vaccinated while INDOORS. I have also been very clear that I only wear one mask. I also always distance myself from others when indoors and outdoors.  It is not clear yet that vaccinated people do not transmit the virus so I will continue to protect others who have not yet been vaccinated and are waiting for their turn to be vaccinated. I feel very safe so the mask is not for my protection at all.

A cruise ship has the very unique opportunity to provide a "safety bubble" for all those who board the ship. With all crew and passengers fully vaccinated, I will not even wear one mask ever anywhere on the ship. This is a decision hubby and I agree on. We will not spend our vacation dollars on an inferior cruise experience and masking will put a huge damper on our experience. We will wait to cruise when there are no mask mandates anywhere on a ship. I don't know when that will be so we will just wait.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atgood said:

This is one main reason I prefer that all passengers and crew are vaccinated. With unvaccinated children on board, masking will probably be mandated.

Edited by coffeebean
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, yogimax said:

The use of "Dr FlipFlop" is undignified and insulting.  At least have a bit of propriety.

Completely agree especially for an adult. Reminds me of someone with a bad hairdo calling others names.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How’s that. Isn’t it a fact that he has suggested these things?  First it was no mask, then one mask, new administration, two masks, then fully vaccinated and still two masks?

M8

Exactly all the while not thinking masks important enough to wear one while seated next to a friend.  If it was that important he would have gotten up, taken his drink and then come back.  I have a different name for him but not for public posting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How’s that. Isn’t it a fact that he has suggested these things?  First it was no mask, then one mask, new administration, two masks, then fully vaccinated and still two masks?

M8

39 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Exactly all the while not thinking masks important enough to wear one while seated next to a friend.  If it was that important he would have gotten up, taken his drink and then come back.  I have a different name for him but not for public posting.

You two are going to give Yogi high bloid pressure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2