Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

It is really not up to the cruise lines to decide whether people on the cruise must have the vaccine or not.  It will be decided by the countries that the ships visit.  For example; The EU may decide that anyone outside the EU must have the vaccine before entering then the cruise lines will follow suit.  I cannot see the EU, Canada, Britain, Australia etc not requiring all on board to be vaccinated for Covid before disembarking in their country.  If that happens then anyone who does not want to be vaccinated may be denied boarding.

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe military folks have a choice about receiving the vaccine because it has only emergency use aurhorization so far? Perhaps choice will go away when (if) the FDA provides full clearance. I could be wrong but I never associated the military with personal choice.

I suspect not having full clearance is part of the reason my hospital system is not requiring the vaccine.

My hospital system told us yesterday that they are not mandating the vaccine because it has emergency use authorization only at this point.  There was also some discussion about the legality of requiring it since it is not fully authorized.  Only 66% of our employees have opted for the vaccine and 17% of our employees have had documented COVID.  Personally I have heard a lot of the younger woman expressing concern about long-term affects the vaccine may have on reproduction or babies.  

I had COVID in August and I did take the vaccine.  We were advised that it is unknown how long natural antibodies will be present - only the passage of time will give a definitive answer on that.  However, they did cite studies done from patients who had SARS-COV-2 that showed that their antibodies were present years later.  They also speak of the number of employees vaccinated combined with the number who have had COVID getting our organization to immunity.  I took the vaccine only because I fear that I will be required to have it eventually for things like travel, or event attendance.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tim,n,Sue said:

It is really not up to the cruise lines to decide whether people on the cruise must have the vaccine or not.  It will be decided by the countries that the ships visit. 

I think you may be correct. 

Think about it.  Countries will take steps to keep the virus out and it definitely looks like the vaccines will be a significant help in doing that.  

Countries are not concerned about any (potential) long term negative vaccine effects for its visitors, but they should be concerned with the consequences of illnesses within their country for its residents.  They will try to avoid having visitors from bringing in the COVID-19 virus.  

Perhaps, if the virus were to burn out fairly soon, then the whole vaccine necessity would too. However, the virus hasn’t died off yet. 

13 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I have posted this on another board because I truly am looking for a logical answer to my question... logical being the key word. 

If I am unable to get the vaccine due to health issues will I never be able to travel again?  IF the vaccine is 95% effective and everyone else is vaccinated, why does it matter if I am not?  The vaccinated people are protected, right?  If you can still get Covid and transmit Covid, why get the vaccine in the first place?  Will there be no port stops?  We can never tell who on the islands are vaccinated and who are not.  So, what if you came in contact with someone with Covid on an island?  You can still transmit it even with the vaccine.  So, now you have a vaccinated person transmitting the illness to everyone on a closed ship.  Now what?  My friends mom went to the doctor the other day.  She is vaccinated and has lung issues where she can not breath well with a mask.  She took the mask off in the office and was reprimanded and told she can still get and transmit Covid even though she is fully vaccinated. Now, she developed Crohn's Disease as a direct relation to the vaccine (which was the reason for the appointment and the link has been verified by a gastroenterologist) and it isn't even effective enough that she can go without a mask and breathe normally?  

Crohn's Disease is an inflammatory bowel disease. IBS has not been reported as a side effect of the mRNA vaccines. This information can be seen on crohns colitis website. Please read where it says "mRNA vaccines can not cause or exacerbate IBD".

mRNA vaccines CAN NOT cause or exacerbate IBD (Crohn's Disease included)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tim,n,Sue said:

It is really not up to the cruise lines to decide whether people on the cruise must have the vaccine or not.  It will be decided by the countries that the ships visit.  For example; The EU may decide that anyone outside the EU must have the vaccine before entering then the cruise lines will follow suit.  I cannot see the EU, Canada, Britain, Australia etc not requiring all on board to be vaccinated for Covid before disembarking in their country.  If that happens then anyone who does not want to be vaccinated may be denied boarding.

Lol I think the cdc will decide. That's my vote. Lol there used to be speculation, 3 tests and vaccine to board. One prior test, one boarding and one debarkkng... so it's getting better. Cdc still mandates testing until nov 1st. 

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Natural immunization does not last very long. This is evidenced by Donald and Melania Trump being advised to be vaccinated after they both had Covid. They were both vaccinated in January, before leaving the White House.

Donald and Melania Trump Secretly Vaccinated Against Covid

No, it doesn't work that way.  Being advised that "xxx"is not science.  Antibodies wane over time.  Science.  T-cell and B-cell immunity lasts much longer.  Science.  The scaremongers will only quote about antibodies.  SARS1 survivors are still immune and can't get SARS2.  Science.  SARS1 and SARS2 are closely related.  Science.  "We think..."  Not Science.

• Like 1

I have posted this on another board because I truly am looking for a logical answer to my question... logical being the key word. 

If I am unable to get the vaccine due to health issues will I never be able to travel again?  IF the vaccine is 95% effective and everyone else is vaccinated, why does it matter if I am not?  The vaccinated people are protected, right?  If you can still get Covid and transmit Covid, why get the vaccine in the first place?  .......................................

I see this question frequently on forums and I still do not understand why anyone would ask this. The reason to be vaccinated is to have a very high chance to avoid death and hospitalization from severe Covid disease. The trials of these mRNA vaccines proved to have very high efficacy in preventing death and hospitalizations. Real world efficiency of these mRNA vaccines have also claimed to be very efficient in preventing death and hospitalization. A vaccinated person is protected. That is the reason to be vaccinated. It is a no brainer for any one who can be vaccinated, IMHO.

19 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Would you please give us a link to that information? I would be very interested to see that. Thanks.

Look at the new cases on any site and see what the trend has been even though the country is supposed to be 100% vaccinated.

Just now, coffeebean said:

I see this question frequently on forums and I still do not understand why anyone would ask this. The reason to be vaccinated is to have a very high chance to avoid death and hospitalization from severe Covid disease. The trials of these mRNA vaccines proved to have very high efficacy in preventing death and hospitalizations. Real world efficiency of these mRNA vaccines have also claimed to be very efficient in preventing death and hospitalization. A vaccinated person is protected. That is the reason to be vaccinated. It is a no brainer for any one who can be vaccinated, IMHO.

And the average age of deaths is like 80 YO and the average number of comorbidities is 3.8.  But you wont hear that because We'RE aLl GOnNa dIE

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

.........  My friend's dad just died last week after the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine due to organ failure.  He had NO issues prior to the first dose. ........

This is just awful. Has it been proven that the Pfizer vaccine was the direct cause of the organ failure?

Edited by coffeebean

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Didn't folks have a similar opinion of the Salk vaccine? It was a totally new approach as well ascI recall

3 hours ago, TheMastodon said:

You don’t know that coffeebean !  Turn off the news

Don't believe it? What news sources do you use? They MOST CERTAINLY WERE vaccinated. Here, check it out. There are lots of news sources that have carried this story.......

Read all about it

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Don't believe it? What news sources do you use? They MOST CERTAINLY WERE vaccinated. Here, check it out. There are lots of news sources that have carried this story.......

Read all about it

I guess I don't understand what the big deal is if he was or was not vaccinated.  His age would qualify him for the vaccine and maybe not everyone has to have a tv moment of it happening.  I know when I got my shots I didn't need to have a tv station there to document it.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

No, it doesn't work that way.  Being advised that "xxx"is not science.  Antibodies wane over time.  Science.  T-cell and B-cell immunity lasts much longer.  Science.  The scaremongers will only quote about antibodies.  SARS1 survivors are still immune and can't get SARS2.  Science.  SARS1 and SARS2 are closely related.  Science.  "We think..."  Not Science.

I do understand about the memory T Cells and the B Cells that are the work horses of our immune system. This is the reason I'm hoping the mRNA vaccines will have more longevity for immunity than one year. At this point, there has been "talk" of a booster on an annual basis for the mRNA vaccines. I don't mind receiving a booster every year to have the security of feeling safe from Covid. I just hope those memory cells that are activated by the mRNA vaccines will continue to be relevant in the years to come and do their job if and when they are called upon in the event they are confronted by the Covid virus.

It is great news that those who have had SARS CoV1 are immune to SARS CoV2 - Covid. Has that really been proven?

2 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

And the average age of deaths is like 80 YO and the average number of comorbidities is 3.8.  But you wont hear that because We'RE aLl GOnNa dIE

I completely agree with you.  I mean, if people are getting sick and dying from the vaccine and we have had Covid why would we take the chance of getting a vaccine that could kill us for something that we recovered from in two days?  I have to risk my life by taking a vaccine when the sickness was nothing to us?  And again, I question... if you are at port there is NO WAY you can be sure that everyone you come in contact with has been vaccinated.  You can not guarantee that no one has been exposed or has Covid.  You could have the vaccine and be exposed on your way to the ship before departure.  At that point you have now carried Covid onto the ship to transmit to others.  If you can still get Covid and transmit Covid, why get the vaccine?  If you are still going to worry about getting it what is the difference?  If it lessens the symptoms, okay.  Then you could still get it from someone at port or before getting on the ship and transmit it to someone.  The symptoms will be lessened but you still get it.  If it protects you, you won't get it.  IF I get on the ship without a vaccination it is the same as you walking around in the world mingling with people without a vaccine.  Will there now be mandatory vaccines to go to the grocery store? get a haircut? go to a movie?  How is being on a ship with excellent air ventilation (since they have redone the ships) any different from going to Costco.  I get closer to people in Costco than I do on a cruise.   Remember, if you are under 70 years old there is a very high recovery rate.   Driving your car probably has a higher risk of dying at 30 than a 30 year old getting Covid.

I am not trying to troll or be difficult.  I just want people to use common sense.  If it makes you feel better to get the shot, get it.  My dad got the vaccine. I did not think it was a good idea with our medical history, but his doctor okayed it and he is an adult.  I don't have a problem with people wanting to get the vaccine.  But if your risk of getting the vaccine outweighs the risk of getting the virus, why get it?  No one can answer that question or the question of why get a vaccine that hasn't been proven to keep you from getting Covid or transmitting Covid?  I thought that since we had Covid, we had the antibodies, but no... apparently those don't last forever.   

Again I come back to if you have the vaccine and I don't you should not have to worry.  I am the one taking the chance of having extreme symptoms or dying.  YOU are protected.  Or are you?  UUUUGGGG   

And finally, which came first, the chicken or the egg? lol

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

This is just awful. Has it been proven that the Pfizer vaccine was the direct cause of the organ failure?

Yes.  He was perfectly healthy.  He had the first dose and he his heart started to fail.  After that all of his organs started failing and he died about two weeks after the first dose.  I am angry.  

And someone posted that Crohn's is not a side effect of the vaccine, but my friend's mom never had Crohn's before the vaccine.  After the second dose she could not eat anything without excruciating pain.  She basically stopped eating and lost eight pounds in two weeks because she said it wasn't worth the pain she endured when she ate.  The were able to get he into a gastro and he said that the Crohn's was definitely related to the vaccine.  He's the doctor, so they trust his diagnosis. 

Edited by jp2746
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

Yes.  He was perfectly healthy.  He had the first dose and he his heart started to fail.  After that all of his organs started failing and he died about two weeks after the first dose.  I am angry.  

https://www.dw.com/en/fact-check-no-links-found-between-vaccination-and-deaths/a-56458746

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

https://www.nytimes.com/1983/05/05/us/dow-says-us-knew-dioxin-peril-of-agent-orange.html

My uncle who died of cancer was told it was perfectly safe as they dumped it on him in Vietnam. 

Edited by jp2746
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Look at the new cases on any site and see what the trend has been even though the country is supposed to be 100% vaccinated.

UAE is more like 40-50% vaccinated, and most of the doses are china's SinoPharm vaccine, which is of... questionable efficacy.

Israel is the better indicator for 1st world countries.

16 hours ago, Coralc said:

I was thinking Alaska? We want to keep Hawaii, of course. But with Alaska being so close to Canada.....:classic_biggrin: <jk> :classic_biggrin: We could still visit without violating the PVSA. (most years) 

There are many Alaskans who'd be happy to separate...
And there are those who voted against becoming a state in the first place...
Every Year there are US tourists who believe they are visiting a foreign country 🙂

Edited by Von & John
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jp2746 said:

I completely agree with you.  I mean, if people are getting sick and dying from the vaccine and we have had Covid why would we take the chance of getting a vaccine that could kill us for something that we recovered from in two days?  I have to risk my life by taking a vaccine when the sickness was nothing to us?  And again, I question... if you are at port there is NO WAY you can be sure that everyone you come in contact with has been vaccinated.  You can not guarantee that no one has been exposed or has Covid.  You could have the vaccine and be exposed on your way to the ship before departure.  At that point you have now carried Covid onto the ship to transmit to others.  If you can still get Covid and transmit Covid, why get the vaccine?  If you are still going to worry about getting it what is the difference?  If it lessens the symptoms, okay.  Then you could still get it from someone at port or before getting on the ship and transmit it to someone.  The symptoms will be lessened but you still get it.  If it protects you, you won't get it.  IF I get on the ship without a vaccination it is the same as you walking around in the world mingling with people without a vaccine.  Will there now be mandatory vaccines to go to the grocery store? get a haircut? go to a movie?  How is being on a ship with excellent air ventilation (since they have redone the ships) any different from going to Costco.  I get closer to people in Costco than I do on a cruise.   Remember, if you are under 70 years old there is a very high recovery rate.   Driving your car probably has a higher risk of dying at 30 than a 30 year old getting Covid.

I am not trying to troll or be difficult.  I just want people to use common sense.  If it makes you feel better to get the shot, get it.  My dad got the vaccine. I did not think it was a good idea with our medical history, but his doctor okayed it and he is an adult.  I don't have a problem with people wanting to get the vaccine.  But if your risk of getting the vaccine outweighs the risk of getting the virus, why get it?  No one can answer that question or the question of why get a vaccine that hasn't been proven to keep you from getting Covid or transmitting Covid?  I thought that since we had Covid, we had the antibodies, but no... apparently those don't last forever.   

Again I come back to if you have the vaccine and I don't you should not have to worry.  I am the one taking the chance of having extreme symptoms or dying.  YOU are protected.  Or are you?  UUUUGGGG   

And finally, which came first, the chicken or the egg? lol

So many concerns and questions. I can almost feel your frustration when I read your words. There is just one thing I question......I've been to Costco and I've been on 40 cruises. I can say, without a shadow of a doubt that I can guarantee my distance from everyone in Costco but that is not the case on a cruise. Maybe things will be different when we don't have to muster in group on deck or when the ship is filled to only 50% capacity. I think of the crowds waiting to get in to see the production shows or the ice show. There is no way to distance from others under those circumstances. I hope, going forward, distancing will be possible on cruise ships. I can't walk up too many flights of stairs so I'm sort of forced to take elevators. There are no elevators in Costco. This all remains to be seen IMHO.

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

I believe you were asked for a link.  Do you have it?