Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Here for the comments. 

I tried to make it simple for the voter to pick a choice by covering all bases (4 choices).  

I’ve read a lot of threads where not taking the vaccine isn’t even a choice so this topic/poll is different. 

Edited by atgood
  • Like 1

We will both be fully vaccinated and would cruise if it was not required but not until:

The cruise would not be stopped or redirected if someone came down with covid.  They could just quarantine in their room or the medical facility.

Masks were not required.

People are allowed off the ship on their own at port.

Reservations were not required for all activities and time was not limited at the pools.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Keksie said:

We will both be fully vaccinated and would cruise if it was not required but not until:

The cruise would not be stopped or redirected if someone came down with covid.  They could just quarantine in their room or the medical facility.

Masks were not required.

People are allowed off the ship on their own at port.

Reservations were not required for all activities and time was not limited at the pools.

Good points!  We would have a hard time if only RCI CV19 bubble excursions were permitted.  We like to go off the beaten path and go by our own schedule while in port.  

• Like 3

Once again, we have to think about others as well as ourselves.  Even fully vaccinated persons can transmit the disease to others.  If there are people onboard who have not been vaccinated they are potentially at risk for serious illness or death.  Would  RCCL want to provide the environment where this could happen?  I would hope not!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Once again, we have to think about others as well as ourselves.  Even fully vaccinated persons can transmit the disease to others.  If there are people onboard who have not been vaccinated they are potentially at risk for serious illness or death.  Would  RCCL want to provide the environment where this could happen?  I would hope not!

Once again, you state as fact what is still unknown.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 4

6 minutes ago, yogimax said:

That is not proven and as time goes by I think it will be proven that vaccinated people do not have enough viral load to be contagious.  If there are people on board who have not been vaccinated then that is their choice to be at risk.  

• Like 13

7 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Would  RCCL want to provide the environment where this could happen?

This poll is not about what type of environment RCI would want to provide.  It’s pretty simple, “Would you go or not if RCI doesn’t require a vaccine?”.  I hope you voted.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

A year ago, I didn’t even know one could have bad stuff in their nasal passage and not get sick.  Stated in very simple terms obviously.  I thought once you had something (ie a virus), it was in you somewhere and you were getting it.  I didn’t realize about the level of passage.  I imagine we all have things (some good and some bad) in the area where viruses reside before it goes full blown.  

I voted #3 - I have been vaccinated and won't cruise unless it is a requirement for everyone, but that is how I feel right now.  Fortunately, I don't have to make a decision on final payment until mid August.

The only cruise I have booked is for November - a lot can happen between now and then.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

My family and I will be fully vaccinated by the end of March (we have scheduled dates at NYS Javit's Center). We have a cruise booked on Anthem for 12/31/2021 and we plan to be on that ship if it goes!!

We do have concerns and concur with Keksie; even if everyone on the ship is vaccinated and tested negative prior to boarding, there is always a risk that someone will come down with Covid at some time during a 9 day cruise (assuming CDC allows that). 

If RCI and other lines will insist that the entire ship be quarantined at sea for a length of time because of contact with a sick passenger(s), we'd really have to think twice about boarding. If RCI would install measures such as the ones Keksie outlined, we'd be okay. 

I voted for #1

Edited by toocruisin2
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I'm going with you since you are a doctor. 

...though I think I've heard the same thing, we dont know yet. Let's wait for the studies so we have a definite percentage if it can or cant be transmitted. So many know things as if facts and these vaccines are so new. 

I'm not arguing with a doctor, medicine sure isnt my field. I feel a lot safer myself, but will wait to take off my mask for actual studies. Give it 6 months until we have facts. Rigjt now we dont know.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

This is from the Smithsonian...“You’re self-protected, but you still could be a danger to other people, especially if you start using behavioral disinhibition, saying, ‘I'm vaccinated, I'm invulnerable’,” Corey says. “You could acquire Covid and it will be silent, and then you can infect a bunch of people who are not as lucky as you to be vaccinated at this point in time.”

Even if say the data isn't completely in, you should err on the side of caution not recklessness.

Just curious, what is your specialty?

Edited by yogimax
  • Like 1

#4 for me.

Nothing on the book at the moment. I'll wait to the dust settles and read a few reviews of what the actual cruise experience is like here on CC first.  Fingers-crossed I won't be priced out of a cruise vacation by then.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

.  Even fully vaccinated persons can transmit the disease to others.  

This is not true. If that was the case, what's the point of vaccines?

You've fallen into the media's trap of twisting "since this is all so new we're still awaiting data on that" into "the vaccine don't stop you from being contagious"

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

This is not true. If that was the case, what's the point of vaccines?

Please cite a reputable source that says that vaccinated individuals cannot spread the virus to others.  Simple saying "not true" does not prove it.

• Like 1

Hey there everyone.  Thanks for participating in the poll.   

I don’t want this thread to get locked before it even makes it to a second page.  Lol. 

Let‘s try to limit medical studies/news articles citing if possible.  Virtually everyone has done some research about the virus and vaccine and there are definitely opposing views and everything in between.  I was just curious, as I’m sure others are, as to where we’re at in being ready to cruise if RCI didn't require the vaccine in order to cruise. 
Thx. AT

Edited by atgood
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Based on the title of the poll this should simply be a yes or no answer. 

Ok, but I wanted to get better idea of the comfort level behind why yes or no.   Thanks for your input. 

Edited by atgood
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, toocruisin2 said:

My family and I will be fully vaccinated by the end of March (we have scheduled dates at NYS Javit's Center). We have a cruise booked on Anthem for 12/31/2021 and we plan to be on that ship if it goes!!

We do have concerns and concur with Keksie; even if everyone on the ship is vaccinated and tested negative prior to boarding, there is always a risk that someone will come down with Covid at some time during a 9 day cruise (assuming CDC allows that). 

If RCI and other lines will insist that the entire ship be quarantined at sea for a length of time because of contact with a sick passenger(s), we'd really have to think twice about boarding. If RCI would install measures such as the ones Keksie outlined, we'd be okay. 

I voted for #1

I fully agree, I will be vaccinated and will be thrilled to board a cruise ship but if they quarantine all passengers and end the cruise if someone else gets sick that's a deal breaker for us.  

I dont want that to sound selfish.  Of course I would hope for the person to be okay but as proven by MSC grandiosa there are ways to handle even if a couple people get sick and not quarantine and end cruise.

I'm fine with masks as long as I can relax on the sun deck without one.

I would even be okay with ship only excursions for restart as long as I can stop and at least shop at the port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, yogimax said:

This is from the Smithsonian...“You’re self-protected, but you still could be a danger to other people, especially if you start using behavioral disinhibition, saying, ‘I'm vaccinated, I'm invulnerable’,” Corey says. “You could acquire Covid and it will be silent, and then you can infect a bunch of people who are not as lucky as you to be vaccinated at this point in time.”

Even if say the data isn't completely in, you should err on the side of caution not recklessness.

Just curious, what is your specialty?

Now that is a perfectly rational point of view that I would never argue with. I do take issue with people presenting the unknown as fact.

And the answer to your question is family medicine.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1