Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???

atgood

Poll: If Royal Doesn’t Require A COVID-19 Vaccine For Its Passengers, Would You Still Cruise with RCI???  

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you cruise on a Royal ship even if RCI doesn’t require the passengers to have received the COVID-19 vaccine?

• Sign me up, I already received the vaccine or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise so I’m not concerned if it’s not required for others.
    • Sign me up. I do not have immediate plans to get the vaccine. I would provide a negative viral test result or documentation of recovery prior to boarding, if required, and follow RCI’s requirements for social distancing, washing hands, and wearing a mask when social distancing wasn’t possible.
    • I would not go on a cruise with unvaccinated passengers. I have received the vaccine already or plan on getting it before I go on a cruise.
    • I do not plan on cruising with RCI in the foreseeable future regardless of the vaccination requirements.

On 3/3/2021 at 1:47 PM, KsucAts said:

Not sure how to answer.  I will not sail if a vaccine is required, because I don't have any intention of getting one.  I will sail as soon as it is available without masks and without any real differences to how they operated 12 months ago.  I am fine with a few differences to food service, such as buffets.  But I want regular bar & entertainment options back to normal.  Then I will cruise.  Until then, I will choose a land destination where I don't have to wear a mask and can do normal things.

(I believe that the US will be at herd immunity within 2-3 months.  Cases are dropping now in most places and by summer it will be all but gone.)

I have posted this on another board because I truly am looking for a logical answer to my question... logical being the key word. 

If I am unable to get the vaccine due to health issues will I never be able to travel again?  IF the vaccine is 95% effective and everyone else is vaccinated, why does it matter if I am not?  The vaccinated people are protected, right?  If you can still get Covid and transmit Covid, why get the vaccine in the first place?  Will there be no port stops?  We can never tell who on the islands are vaccinated and who are not.  So, what if you came in contact with someone with Covid on an island?  You can still transmit it even with the vaccine.  So, now you have a vaccinated person transmitting the illness to everyone on a closed ship.  Now what?  My friends mom went to the doctor the other day.  She is vaccinated and has lung issues where she can not breath well with a mask.  She took the mask off in the office and was reprimanded and told she can still get and transmit Covid even though she is fully vaccinated. Now, she developed Crohn's Disease as a direct relation to the vaccine (which was the reason for the appointment and the link has been verified by a gastroenterologist) and it isn't even effective enough that she can go without a mask and breathe normally?  

Our family had Covid.  I never had symptoms and the rest of my family was over it in two days.  We know what will happen if we get Covid.  However, because of health issues, we do not know what will happen if we go against our doctor's recommendations and get the vaccine in order to travel.  My friend's dad just died last week after the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine due to organ failure.  He had NO issues prior to the first dose.  Do I risk my life so that we can see family again?  We have family across the country.  Driving four days to see them is very difficult when you get one week vacation a year from work.  

This is really frustrating!  IF YOU GET THE VACCINE YOU ARE PROTECTED AND IF YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED AND STILL AFRAID OF GETTING THE VIRUS WHY ARE YOU GETTING THE VACCINE??????

I'm sure I will get hammered for this but I will take the risk.  Remember our doctor has advised me (and our kids but it is not available to them yet so that is a non issue) to NOT get the vaccine for health reasons.  It is a risk that she does not think is worth taking.

Edited by jp2746
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, jp2746 said:

I have posted this on another board because I truly am looking for a logical answer to my question... logical being the key word. 

If I am unable to get the vaccine due to health issues will I never be able to travel again?  IF the vaccine is 95% effective and everyone else is vaccinated, why does it matter if I am not?  The vaccinated people are protected, right?  If you can still get Covid and transmit Covid, why get the vaccine in the first place?  Will there be no port stops?  We can never tell who on the islands are vaccinated and who are not.  So, what if you came in contact with someone with Covid on an island?  You can still transmit it even with the vaccine.  So, now you have a vaccinated person transmitting the illness to everyone on a closed ship.  Now what?  My friends mom went to the doctor the other day.  She is vaccinated and has lung issues where she can not breath well with a mask.  She took the mask off in the office and was reprimanded and told she can still get and transmit Covid even though she is fully vaccinated. Now, she developed Crohn's Disease as a direct relation to the vaccine (which was the reason for the appointment and the link has been verified by a gastroenterologist) and it isn't even effective enough that she can go without a mask and breathe normally?  

Our family had Covid.  I never had symptoms and the rest of my family was over it in two days.  We know what will happen if we get Covid.  However, because of health issues, we do not know what will happen if we go against our doctor's recommendations and get the vaccine in order to travel.  My friend's dad just died last week after the first dose of the Pfizer vaccine due to organ failure.  He had NO issues prior to the first dose.  Do I risk my life so that we can see family again?  We have family across the country.  Driving four days to see them is very difficult when you get one week vacation a year from work.  

This is really frustrating!  IF YOU GET THE VACCINE YOU ARE PROTECTED AND IF YOU ARE NOT PROTECTED AND STILL AFRAID OF GETTING THE VIRUS WHY ARE YOU GETTING THE VACCINE??????

I'm sure I will get hammered for this but I will take the risk.  Remember our doctor has advised me (and our kids but it is not available to them yet so that is a non issue) to NOT get the vaccine for health reasons.  It is a risk that she does not think is worth taking.

I think you asked more that one question. I don’t have an answer you are looking for. 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness😉

Happiness begins by being alive to enjoy it.

I missed you and was hoping you weren't ill.  Glad to have you back.  I enjoy our agreements and disagreements. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HBE4 said:

You beat me to it. 

I guess I should learn to read ahead before posting. Lol

That is my biggest dilemma here.

If you read to the end, you have to go back and comment. PIA

• Like 2

2 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I understand your question and concern. I work in healthcare and we regularly receive updates by our executive staff which includes our medical staff.  According to them, the vaccines do not necessarily prevent infection. Rather, they minimize the effects and they rate their effectiveness in terms of serious symptoms, or hospitalizations, or death. Most people may not get it at all, but the goal is to make the disease not be dangerous. Theoretically,  if everyone were vaccinated then anyone who got the disease would have mild symptoms. That is also how the flu vaccine is expected to work so that you may get it with mild symptoms but you most likely won't die from it. The flu vaccine is even less effective than the COVID vaccine. 

Some medical professionals will tell people to keep masking and avoiding people even after vaccination.  You can never guarantee that someone won't contract COVID, even after vaccination, so they are reluctant to say that you are safe after vaccination. 

Many people are asking the same question you are. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's interesting the High Number's still declining receive the Vaccine, anywhere from 20-40% depending Group. But even Medical people 20-30%, more surprising to me Military numbers. Latest is 1/3 US Service Members have declined Vaccine. Since beginning 8% of all Active, Guard & Reservists numbering 162,842 Members so far have tested Positive, with only total 21 deaths. Surprised they still have Choice to receive Vaccine or not, know I didn't with more then a couple. Guess many have Choice now... But with so many declining it even here in Michigan little 55yr old me is getting my shots in March, when thought I'd be July at tail end. Well I'll be ready Cruise if they decide Vaccine's required. Plan on taking my Grand Daughter on our 1st Cruise together, she obviously won't have it...

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

@jp2746, have you considered the health ramifications of the J&J vaccine as opposed to the mRNA ones ?  J&J is a more traditional vaccine(many argue, including me, that the mRNA ones aren’t true vaccines at all).  We will never get the mRNA doses but are considering J&J.  Just wondering if maybe there is a reasonable option out there for you (and me).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Pretty sure that was going to happen anyway. 

We you all the vaccines you need, send some north.  My vaccine date as of now is between June to August.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

@jp2746, have you considered the health ramifications of the J&J vaccine as opposed to the mRNA ones ?  J&J is a more traditional vaccine(many argue, including me, that the mRNA ones aren’t true vaccines at all).  We will never get the mRNA doses but are considering J&J.  Just wondering if maybe there is a reasonable option out there for you (and me).

The AZ vaccine works like the J&J one as well. It's not approved for those over 65 in my Country yet though which is ironic because that's the demographic that needs it the most. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, UnorigionalName said:

"There are at least four non-mutually exclusive possible explanations for the resurgence of COVID-19 in Manaus."

TLDR. Science has made an observation and come up with some thoughts on why.  Cool.  There are still very few VERIFIED cases of recurrence and that is not well studied.  I did see something a few weeks ago that number may be 1/200.  Ok.  

Science is on my team.  I'm still sure of that.

4 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

It's interesting the High Number's still declining receive the Vaccine, anywhere from 20-40% depending Group. But even Medical people 20-30%, more surprising to me Military numbers. Latest is 1/3 US Service Members have declined Vaccine. Since beginning 8% of all Active, Guard & Reservists numbering 162,842 Members so far have tested Positive, with only total 21 deaths. Surprised they still have Choice to receive Vaccine or not, know I didn't with more then a couple. Guess many have Choice now... But with so many declining it even here in Michigan little 55yr old me is getting my shots in March, when thought I'd be July at tail end. Well I'll be ready Cruise if they decide Vaccine's required. Plan on taking my Grand Daughter on our 1st Cruise together, she obviously won't have it...

Maybe military folks have a choice about receiving the vaccine because it has only emergency use aurhorization so far? Perhaps choice will go away when (if) the FDA provides full clearance. I could be wrong but I never associated the military with personal choice.

I suspect not having full clearance is part of the reason my hospital system is not requiring the vaccine.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jp2746 said:

Shame on you for using your brain.  That has been cancelled. /s

59 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Didn't folks have a similar opinion of the Salk vaccine? It was a totally new approach as well ascI recall

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Maybe military folks have a choice about receiving the vaccine because it has only emergency use aurhorization so far? Perhaps choice will go away when (if) the FDA provides full clearance. I could be wrong but I never associated the military with personal choice.

I suspect not having full clearance is part of the reason my hospital system is not requiring the vaccine.

First case against mandatory vaccine filed in new mexico. Guard, I think at a prison, so a govt worker.

He is filing on the basis it's still experimental. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Heymarco said:

I had to do double take as well. The X doesn’t show up if you click on actual photo to enlarge.

So people reading more into the X than was there.....  it was not my intent for the X to be there. I looked back at the original photo and it wasn’t there. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Tippyton said:

Fair enough.

I choose not to vaccinate because the science hasn't demonstrated I need it, having been naturally inoculated and subsequently immunized🤔.  And don't quote Dr. F.🤡 

The science of what is known leans towards me being correct.😁

Natural immunization does not last very long. This is evidenced by Donald and Melania Trump being advised to be vaccinated after they both had Covid. They were both vaccinated in January, before leaving the White House.

Donald and Melania Trump Secretly Vaccinated Against Covid

Edited by coffeebean

2 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Natural immunization does not last very long. This is evidenced by Donald and Melania Trump being advised to be vaccinated. They were both vaccinated in January, before leaving the White House.

We don't know how long antibodies last after natural infection. The Trumps getting the vaccine proves nothing more than that the Trumps got the vaccine.... provided the story is true.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Natural immunization does not last very long. This is evidenced by Donald and Melania Trump being advised to be vaccinated after they both had Covid. They were both vaccinated in January, before leaving the White House.

You don’t know that coffeebean !  Turn off the news

Edited by TheMastodon
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2