What comes after Beyond?

cruisestitch

The original plan was for 5 Edge class ships. The smaller Apex and Edge, then Beyond+ being slightly larger at 66ft longer with ~200 more cabins. The order for Beyond and the ship after that one were placed in 2016. Order #5 was placed in early 2019. I haven't seen anything recent about the order status of ships 4 and 5 which are tagged as M34 and N34. 

https://chantiers-atlantique.com/en/ships/passenger-ships/celebrity-edge-celebrity-apex-l34-et-m34/

At the end of 2020 Royal's financial summary says this... 

As of December 31, 2020, we have two ships on order with an aggregate capacity of approximately 6,500 berths. These ships consist of two Edge-class ships, including Celebrity Beyond and a fourth ship in the class, which are expected to be delivered in the second quarter of 2022 and in the fourth quarter of 2023, respectively. In addition, as of December 31, 2020, we have an agreement in place with Chantiers de l’Atlantique to build an additional Edge-class ship with capacity of approximately 3,250 berths, estimated for delivery in 2025, which is contingent upon completion of certain conditions precedent and financing. 

2 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

I haven't been on the E Class yet, but adding 200 cabins which means 1200 more people D.O. is scary

Confused here. . . 200 additional cabins means 1200 more people???  That would be 6 occupants per cabin.  400 - 500 more likely

• Thanks 1

It had been a struggle to find places to spend my FCC while avoiding Edge and Apex.  I managed it, but it appears evident the E class trend and other factors will push our future loyalties to Oceania and other lines of similar taste.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I also agree.

4 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

Terrible news, more E-class ships are the last thing we need.

absolutely agree!  S class is fantastic. If it ain’t broke why fix it!  

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, marieps said:

It had been a struggle to find places to spend my FCC while avoiding Edge and Apex.  I managed it, but it appears evident the E class trend and other factors will push our future loyalties to Oceania and other lines of similar taste.

Yep.  Eclass is part of the reason for me sailing on other lines.  It helped me recognize that I like smaller ships.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, WonderMan3 said:

An older thread had already mentioned that Celebrity had registered the following names for potential future ship names: LUXE, OPUS, ELEGANCE, PINNACLE

My guess for Edge #4 would be ASCENT from the current registrations. It flows with the rest of the E series. Opus and Pinnacle are used for other things then Luxe and Elegance are kind of silly ship names. 

Well, I’ll jump in the Shark-invested-hate-the-E-class water and say we thoroughly enjoyed the Edge and are looking forward to Apex in January They haven’t gotten rid of the S class, which we also like, so there is a ship for everyone —— as it should be. 

I hope the bars on my shark cage are strong enough..........😜😜

mac_tlc

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

11 hours ago, paulh84 said:

My guess for Edge #4 would be ASCENT from the current registrations. It flows with the rest of the E series. Opus and Pinnacle are used for other things then Luxe and Elegance are kind of silly ship names. 

Any less silly than Edge or Apex??? I actually think LUXE fits very well with the four letter ship names, of course Beyond disrupted that. 

Ascent was not a registered name when this discussion came up before here a year or so back so Celebrity must have added it since then which makes me think that it would have the edge (no pun intended) on being a future ship name. 

43 minutes ago, REEtired said:

Silly question maybe. But any consideration of not so many infinite “balcony “ cabins!  Asking for a friend. 

Nope.  The powers that be are so sure Edge was perfect that they are still going to inflict its 'features' on the rest of the fleet.  They are even considering retrieving ships from the breakers to revolutionize!!! 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Nope.  The powers that be are so sure Edge was perfect that they are still going to inflict its 'features' on the rest of the fleet.  They are even considering retrieving ships from the breakers to revolutionize!!! 🤣

Yes they are, and APEX is waiting, most of her cabins are filling up, Beyond and whatever will as well.  I for one love it, will only sail on E-class or Kelly refurbed ships gong forward.