Should the Covid vaccine be required?

Should the Covid vaccine be required?  

356 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about the requirement to be vaccinated which will be valid already on the first Odyssey, Adventure and Celebrity Millennium cruises in May and June?

• Cruise lines should require everyone to be vaccinated
    • Cruise lines should accept a PCR test instead of the vaccine from people who can't get it
    • For this moment, only negative Covid tests should be required from all passengers

Do you think it's fair that the RCCL and Celebrity Cruises already require the Covid-19 vaccine for the Odyssey, Adventure, and Millennium cruises, given that currently in most countries younger people don't have the chance to get vaccinated even if they want?  For example in many European Union countries  and Canada, the vaccination process is very slow.  Most people will probably not be able to get vaccinated in the coming months, and Odyssey of the seas sailing in Israel and Greece since May will accept only fully vaccinated guests. Isn't that a kind of discrimination?

Edited by WorldTraveler151208
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

For the cruises out of Israel, by the time they set sail everyone in the population that wants to get vaccinated by then will be able to do so.

In the US this might not be the case yet, but then again it's not about fair or unfair, it about Safety. At this stage the only way to start cruising again is under these circumstances and given the choice is very much restricted with a handfull of ships there will be ebough demand of Vaccinated cruisers.

This is ridiculous to bring in here a question of discrimination, you could then turn it around. "Why should vaccinated people not be allowed to cruise". Wouldn't this be discriminating for the ones already vaccinated???

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, WorldTraveler151208 said:

Do you think it's fair that the RCCL and Celebrity Cruises already require the Covid-19 vaccine for the Odyssey, Adventure, and Millennium cruises,

100% yes.

The alternative would be to delay cruising until everyone in the world is vaccinated. 

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

Absolutely true - it's not about fair - it about getting cruises going again w/o any outbreaks and IMO, the only way to do that is to require everyone to be vaccinated.  If that excludes certain groups, like children, then so be it and I'm one of the people who has a grandson I would love to cruise with, so it's not like I don't want any children on a cruise.

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, WorldTraveler151208 said:

Do you think it's fair that the RCCL and Celebrity Cruises already require the Covid-19 vaccine for the Odyssey, Adventure, and Millennium cruises, given that currently in most countries younger people don't have the chance to get vaccinated even if they want?  For example in many European Union countries  and Canada, the vaccination process is very slow.  Most people will probably not be able to get vaccinated in the coming months, and Odyssey of the seas sailing in Israel and Greece since May will accept only fully vaccinated guests. Isn't that a kind of discrimination?

Is it discrimination thay only Israel residents are allowed to book Odyssey?

I don't think so

• Like 14

Would it be fair for the cruise lines, food suppliers, hotels, restaurants, transportation services, and tourism-dependent countries to have to wait longer for work/income so younger people accustomed to having the best of everything handed to them won’t miss out on something that other people can do? 

• Like 12

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Nothing wrong with the survey. 

Well some might say so. Actually looks like only those 16 and over have to be vaccinated and the survey implies all have to be. I dont know how to answer after reviewing the biased options.

Those under 16 do need a test, those over no. I don't see that option. Imo it's a stirring the pot. Israel cruises are limited to those who live there and the Caribbean cruise starting in june, by then americans except for children can get vaccinated... and op wants to make it about the world not being able to get vaccinated...

• Like 1

Yes they should insist on full vaccination if vaccination is available making exemptions for groups for whom it is not but all should take it when it comes or not be able to cruise. 

And mask wearing forever onboard with one warning only and then a life ban from every cruise line and they should share their mask ban list. They should also ban for life and refuse to refund any person who turns up with Covid symptoms and attempts to board the ship.

But the on the other side of that coin. Do they really have that authority to do all or any of that? Or can Governor DeSantos for instance stop them from insisting upon masks, vaccine etc  in the ports of Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Tampa. Or could he stop them from operating in or out of Florida if they do? That is an interesting question.

Edited by ace2542
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

Would it be fair for the cruise lines, food suppliers, hotels, restaurants, transportation services, and tourism-dependent countries to have to wait longer for work/income so younger people accustomed to having the best of everything handed to them won’t miss out on something that other people can do? 

Huh?

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

But the on the other side of that coin. Do they really have that authority to do all or any of that? Or can Governor DeSantos for instance stop them from insisting upon masks, vaccine etc  in the ports of Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Tampa. Or could he stop them from operating in or out of Florida if they do? That is an interesting question.

More huh? Florida isnt even part of the survey. Let's not hijack and make this worse.

Double huh?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

Or can Governor DeSantos for instance stop them from insisting upon masks, vaccine etc  in the ports of Miami, Fort Lauderdale and Tampa. Or could he stop them from operating in or out of Florida if they do? That is an interesting question.

Governor “DeSantis” seems to be doing a far better job than the Queen and Royal Family.  I never see the Royals with a mask on. Doesn’t the forever mask apply to them?

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I never see the Royals with a mask on. Doesn’t the forever mask apply to them?

Well you have not been watching the right news. Charles/William and Kate have worn mask several times on TV.  I believe the Queen and Prince Philip have not left Sandringham I think it is since last March with the exception of his hospital stay. I think they get tested regular and staff have been in that bubble for a year living their full time.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Is this poll an 'Invitation to Dance?'

12 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

And mask wearing forever onboard with one warning only and then a life ban from every cruise line and they should share their mask ban list. 

@John&LaLa.... any more questions John?

• Haha 2

I read this morning that the vaccines ARE 95% effective and May last decades.  So where are you getting your information from? Mine was from a medical website.

In comparison the chickenpox vaccine is 95% effective and polio 99%. MMR 97%.

10 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

More huh? Florida isnt even part of the survey. Let's not hijack and make this worse.

Double huh?

Isn't DeSantis however you spell his name saying he won't allow Royal - so other lines by by extension of that - to insist upon all this no vaccine no sail whatever they want to do in his state. Wasn't that previously discussed with some people on here saying they don't think he has the authority to do it? How will that work out do you reckon?.

16 minutes ago, eaflorida said:

You do realize that the experimental vaccines for Covid do not give you immunity from catching Covid, nor do they prevent you from transmitting it to others even if you have received this experimental vaccine. Why is the public so misinformed? These injections do lesson the severity of Covid if you get it after you have been injected. 

Pretty much like every other vaccine that has ever been invented.

And we still don't know whether a vaccinated person carries a high enough viral load to transmit the disease. Why do you present the unknown as fact? That just makes everything else that you have to say suspect. Seems to me that you are the one who is misinformed.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, eaflorida said:

Furthermore, the so called experts are not even sure how long these injections last. Will you need booster shots every 4-6 months? 

I would argue that Mandatory COVID Vaccines Violate Nuremberg Code

I read an article in NY Post claiming Moderna shot would last at least 2 years fwiw.

How would mandatory vaccine violate "Nuremberg Code"? Not that I have any idea what that is. I have never heard that particular phrase before. I know of the WW2 war crime trials but not of any code.

3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Isn't DeSantis however you spell his name saying he won't allow Royal - so other lines by by extension of that - to insist upon all this no vaccine no sail whatever they want to do in his state. Wasn't that previously discussed with some people on here saying they don't think he has the authority to do it? How will that work out do you reckon?.

No, he never said a single word about cruising.  He only stated that vaccine passports would not be permitted in FL.  The governor has nothing to say about what happens on a cruise ship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

And we still don't know whether a vaccinated person carries a high enough viral load to transmit the disease

Do recent UK infection figures not show that it does not? We are now recording 6k per day cases and that includes targeted testing for "variants" in neighbourhoods and massive testing among  schoolkids and our figures have not shot up towards what 10k, 12k a day once the schools reopened 10 days ago as was feared they might? Surely that is not proof of vaccine working the way we hope it will. And that Europe is seeing third wave because they are so far behind us in the vaccine rollout?

Edited by ace2542

12 minutes ago, eaflorida said:

nor do they prevent you from transmitting it to others

I believe there is now data showing that those with the vaccine or previously infected, don’t build the viral load enough to infect others. There is no data I’m aware where those with the vaccine have infected others. 

M8

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Do recent UK infection figures not show that it does not? We are now recording 6k per day and that includes targeted testing for "variants" in neighbourhoods and massive testing among  schoolkids and our figures have not shot up towards what 10k, 12k a day once the schools reopened 10 days ago as was feared they might? Surely that is proof of vaccine working the way we hope it will.

Yes, Ace. The person I quoted said they don't prevent transmission. I believe they do. But I am not yet ready to present my opinion as fact.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

For the cruises out of Israel, by the time they set sail everyone in the population that wants to get vaccinated by then will be able to do so.

In the US this might not be the case yet, but then again it's not about fair or unfair, it about Safety. At this stage the only way to start cruising again is under these circumstances and given the choice is very much restricted with a handfull of ships there will be ebough demand of Vaccinated cruisers.

This is ridiculous to bring in here a question of discrimination, you could then turn it around. "Why should vaccinated people not be allowed to cruise". Wouldn't this be discriminating for the ones already vaccinated???

Not everyone in Israel wants to get vaccinated. In fact, lawsuits against mandatory vaccinations have been filed because without your green passport (vaccination proof) you can not do squat in Israel.