Who else regrets taking the FCC instead of refund?

GottaLuvCruising

If I could go back one year, I'd take the refund.  I hope we can cruise in the future, but we have $9K in credits that we'll have to use by May 2022.  Parents won't let granddaughters cruise until they are vaccinated and we are limited to school vacations.  

Rock meet hard place.  

Edited by GottaLuvCruising
  • Like 1

no regrets here - turned $ 1,000 paid into $ 2,000 FCC still knowing I could get back the amount paid around July 2021 - 1 year from cruise cancellation

no worries - currently applied to a 4/2022 cruise - but may bump it up to a Thanksgiving cruise (if it goes) to replace the one cancelled in 2020 that "earned" the bonus FCC

• Like 2

I didn’t have the choice of cash. Had to take FCC and appreciate how Princess dealt with me. Love got at the end of the tunnel- to me it looks like some cruises will happen in 2022. 

It's hard to wait, but its really just a delay.  If you could afford the original cost, and are patient, your enhanced FCC offer will protect your original outlay.  Otherwise, you have cash, perhaps, but will have to pay inflated prices.  If you are ultimately going to select a cruise as your vacation, the only smart move is to take the FCC offer.

1 hour ago, CineGraphic said:

With vaccinations here in the US ramping up, combined with FCCs burning holes in people's pockets, 

I was talking to my Canadian agent on Thursday, she said that people are now booking.  I told her with all the FCC which  people have to use and it will be hard to get a cabin.

47 minutes ago, phabric said:

I was talking to my Canadian agent on Thursday, she said that people are now booking.  I told her with all the FCC which  people have to use and it will be hard to get a cabin.

Exactly.  That's why it made sense to take the FCCs.  The skittish ones will wish the had too.