The Daily for Saturday Mar 27, 2021

richwmn

2 hours ago, rafinmd said:

Opinions on World Theater Day:

Was my last Theater visit--

March 12, 2020--Cunard production show "Appasionata" in QM2 Royal Court Theater

or

March 8, 2020 -- Come From Away in Melbourne Australia?

Roy

Come From Away?

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Vict0riann said:

The next day we went on an amazing tour in a small boat with a few others from CC.  We went under that bridge Roy mentioned across the Rio Negro, then went up that river in search of pink dolphins, they were supposed to be on their "day off", but further up the river our guide found a spot where we could swim with them.  I stayed on dry land, but Pat dared all!  Then we went to a village where we watched  some  Amazonian natives play music on strange instruments and dance, then to a place where the group was allowed to fish (more like "tease") the huge fish that are in the river.  Then to a huge fish lunch buffet in a floating restaurant and to a floating village before heading back to Manaus.  

The bridge

P1070460.thumb.JPG.df8046a64643b2be042c2059eb068366.JPG

Pat and dolphin...

P1080252.thumb.JPG.e13e3bb47d156d20ab0c0a4f69f765e3.JPG

Villagers and their instruments

P1070483.thumb.JPG.25e960187777ba94d8434f1a3d9d2767.JPG

Giant fish and fishing for them

P1070508.thumb.JPG.22bc4046f2e63225c68ec02e19b522ae.JPG

P1080403.thumb.JPG.5bdff4d6a495bb27ebed61a50cee701b.JPG

That sounds like the exact excursion we went on in 2018 with others from CC. Yes, we went under the bridge and up the Rio Negro, to the pink dolphins and then on to the performance at the native village. It was a terrific day!

• Like 5

@kazuThank you for sharing the information about KK and about Joe.  KK will be missed so much.  It always amazed me how she had all those menus for the specialty restaurants and dining room breakfasts ready to post.  I hope Joe does have the in home help he needs.  

Swimming with the pink dolphins looks like fun, but I'll pass on holding the tarantula.  

• Like 9

14 hours ago, kazu said:

Good morning

It is with a heavy heart that I must be the bearer of very sad news.  Yonnie (Krazy Kruisers) apparently passed away on March 16 according to bellebaby in the solo thread. 😢 

I have asked her to email me.  My last email to Yonnie had not been answered longer than normal but I knew she wasn’t well.

Her husband Joe does not use the computer so I understand why I did not hear.

I am very 😢 and will be back later when I can be more cheerful.

RIP Yonnie ♥️ 🙏🏻 

Edited to say, I have now found her obituary, sadly.

Appreciate you letting us know this sad news, Yonnie was always so helpful with cruising information.

Wish we had been able to meet them on a cruise.

Hope Joe will get the support that he needs.

RIP Yonnie.

Edited by erewhon
  • Like 10

Very late to play!  So sorry to hear about KK,  did appreciate her posts!  
I lost my brother years ago but will always miss him!  

The wine and dinner sound great but we had takeout enchiladas.  

Our last play was Come from away in London,  and it was amazing!  

2DFD5E61-6C69-4BC4-871A-868A9B50C99F.jpeg

B0C92771-0C53-44CA-A2CF-7A25D0CFE176.jpeg

3C29211D-14B4-4E51-904E-1C3AD5040084.jpeg

8819A95E-AA74-4909-A6EF-03910C84B191.jpeg

8CA44CD8-663E-4453-9671-E8204E0786D7.jpeg

F48FC9A7-656E-4696-8C51-81172C3E0760.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.  I’m very late today.  We made it home about 1:30 this afternoon.  It took several hours to get house opened up and get what we needed today off the motorhome. We’ll get the rest unloaded over the next few days.

We were in Manaus in 2006 on the old Regal Princess doing b2bs making it a round trip from FLL.  Since Manaus was a turn around port for those doing only 14 days, we were there 2 1/2 days.  The afternoon we arrived, we took a riverboat tour that also included a small boat through the jungle. We saw the pink dolphins then.

The next day we did a city tour that included the opera house and the zoo.  in the afternoon we took a shuttle out to a resort.

We were lucky to be there when it was safe to go out on your own.  The last day, we wandered down to the market.  Four of us took one of the small boats out to the back waters.  They stopped the boat at a relative’s house.  He and his kids came out with a anaconda, a three toed sloth and a green parrot.  I was surprised at how soft the sloth’s fur was.

Lenda

• Like 17

4 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Four of us took one of the small boats out to the back waters.  They stopped the boat at a relative’s house.  He and his kids came out with a anaconda, a three toed sloth and a green parrot.  I was surprised at how soft the sloth’s fur was.

Lenda

I’m fine holding a tarantula, as long as nobody scares it. They’re actually soft and furry. An anaconda would terrify me!

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

image.jpeg.b8a5d371dbd4ed0a2ab444aa10ed19f9.jpeg
🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺❤️❤️❤️

In Honor of our Dear KK David and I placed a wreath out in the ocean at our house and toasted her with her favorite 

Greygoose !! 
❤️You KK

Denise😊

What a wonderful tribute Denise.  Thank you for sharing this with us CC people.

~Nancy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺❤️❤️❤️

In Honor of our Dear KK David and I placed a wreath out in the ocean at our house and toasted her with her favorite 

Greygoose !! 
❤️You KK

Denise😊

That is so kind Denise,  what makes the wreath float?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kazu said:

That is so kind Denise,  what makes the wreath float?

🌺🌺

Hi Jacqui! 
Nothing makes it float! We have a flower shop down the street and because a lot of surfers will have wreaths done up for celebrations or as when our dear friend passed away she always has them made up! She weaves branches with the flowers so it is biodegradable and no plastic! We were hoping for a beautiful sunset but we had cloud cover. Jacqui thank you! You are always here for all. 
KK met  so much to me. I am so happy when I asked where has KK been? If you didn’t follow through in finding out it would of been sad to find out through the grapevine!

Appreciate you! Sorry, I am a talker😊

Denise😊

• Like 13

1 hour ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺❤️❤️❤️

Greygoose !! 
❤️You KK

Denise😊

This is so thoughtful and beautiful. Thank you Denise for posting it.

so sorry to hear the news. I always enjoyed all KK posts. 
Stay safe and well everyone. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

Nothing makes it float! We have a flower shop down the street and because a lot of surfers will have wreaths done up for celebrations or as when our dear friend passed away she always has them made up! She weaves branches with the flowers so it is biodegradable and no plastic!

Wonderful!  Thanks for sharing 🙂 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺❤️❤️❤️

Greygoose !! 
❤️You KK

Denise😊

Thank you for doing this, Denise!❤️

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺❤️❤️❤️

Greygoose !! 
❤️You KK

Denise😊

Oh my goodness Denise and David, thank you. I am sure she was watching from heaven!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Good evening.  I’m very late today.  We made it home about 1:30 this afternoon.  It took several hours to get house opened up and get what we needed today off the motorhome. We’ll get the rest unloaded over the next few days.

We were in Manaus in 2006 on the old Regal Princess doing b2bs making it a round trip from FLL.  Since Manaus was a turn around port for those doing only 14 days, we were there 2 1/2 days.  The afternoon we arrived, we took a riverboat tour that also included a small boat through the jungle. We saw the pink dolphins then.

The next day we did a city tour that included the opera house and the zoo.  in the afternoon we took a shuttle out to a resort.

We were lucky to be there when it was safe to go out on your own.  The last day, we wandered down to the market.  Four of us took one of the small boats out to the back waters.  They stopped the boat at a relative’s house.  He and his kids came out with a anaconda, a three toed sloth and a green parrot.  I was surprised at how soft the sloth’s fur was.

Lenda

Glad you made it home safely 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺❤️❤️❤️

Greygoose !! 
❤️You KK

Denise😊

Very nice

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺❤️❤️❤️

Greygoose !! 
❤️You KK

Denise😊

Such a beautiful way to toast KK. Thank you, Denise.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, DeeniEncinitas said:

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺❤️❤️❤️

Denise😊

Thank you, Denise, for doing this and for posting it.

I never had the honor of meeting KrazyKruiser, but would always read her posts.  She was so very generous with her time and knowledge.  She will be missed by all.

• Like 3

• Administrators

Everyone here at Cruise Critic's Community Team will keep Krazy Kruizers in our hearts and memories, and we offer up our deepest sympathies to everyone who knew her.   A long-time member and contributor, her presence will be missed.

Laura

• Like 10