CDC says we may be able to start cruising from US this summer

6 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Nowhere and no I don't think they care.  It is the principal of the tracking that I am not willing to just accept.  As for the covid app or tracelets there are just too many unanswered questions.  How close do you need to be to someone and for how long to be notified?  How many days out?  How contagious was that person at that time? For instance could you have been in a store, passed by a person, who 5 days later tested positive?  On the ship could you have been in the same dining room but far away from someone who tests positive causing you to be let off at the next port?  

These are the parameters that Royal has set.  Unless you know the person I highly doubt you would ever meet these parameters.  Also it does not state that you would be put off at the next port. 

If you are found to have come within 1 meter (3 feet) of a COVID-19 positive person, for at least 15 minutes, certain actions may be required for your safety and the safety of your fellow guests. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

These are the parameters that Royal has set.  Unless you know the person I highly doubt you would ever meet these parameters.  Also it does not state that you would be put off at the next port. 

If you are found to have come within 1 meter (3 feet) of a COVID-19 positive person, for at least 15 minutes, certain actions may be required for your safety and the safety of your fellow guests. 

Gee what could go wrong?  What are the certain actions?  Quarantine to your cabin for the rest of the cruise?  What about a false positive?  Even the CDC says that if you are vaccinated and exposed you don't need to quarantine or test unless you have symptoms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Keksie said:

Gee what could go wrong?  What are the certain actions?  Quarantine to your cabin for the rest of the cruise?  What about a false positive?  Even the CDC says that if you are vaccinated and exposed you don't need to quarantine or test unless you have symptoms.

You were the one who said there were no details, I simply  provided the details.

"As for the covid app or tracelets there are just too many unanswered questions.  How close do you need to be to someone and for how long to be notified?  How many days out?  How contagious was that person at that time? For instance could you have been in a store, passed by a person, who 5 days later tested positive?  On the ship could you have been in the same dining room but far away from someone who tests positive causing you to be let off at the next port?"

The examples you hypothesized are a long way from actual practice

On 4/9/2021 at 3:50 PM, smokeybandit said:

This is so false it's not funny.

Covid is killing more 1) because it targets elderly and those medically vulnerable, and 2) because we use a totally different way to record covid deaths as we do flu deaths. Flu deaths are estimated based on those who 1) test positive, 2) see a doctor and 3) are hospitalized. Covid deaths are merely dying within 30 days of testing positive or showing covid symptoms without a positive test.

Mitigation efforts haven't worked anywhere except small island nations who can get away with completely closing their borders.  Take a look at regional data in the USA.  Take states with severe mitigations efforts put along side states with limited mitigation efforts. Their covid trends are IDENTICAL.

But then there's this: https://www.wane.com/community/health/coronavirus/covid-19-precautions-lead-to-historic-lows-in-flu-cases-across-indiana/

And this: https://www.osfhealthcare.org/blog/covid-19-precautions-drive-down-flu-cases/

And this: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/articles/flu-cases-decline-dramatically-this-season

And about a million others corroborating those.

Gee, who to believe, experts or some guy on the Internet?  I'll take the experts, thanks.  "Oh, but I know better than the so-called 'experts.'"  That bit is getting old.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BeachyBrowns said:

But then there's this: https://www.wane.com/community/health/coronavirus/covid-19-precautions-lead-to-historic-lows-in-flu-cases-across-indiana/

And this: https://www.osfhealthcare.org/blog/covid-19-precautions-drive-down-flu-cases/

And this: https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/articles/flu-cases-decline-dramatically-this-season

Gee, who to believe, experts or some guy on the Internet?  I'll take the experts, thanks.  "Oh, but I know better than the so-called 'experts.'"  That bit is getting old.

Here's one of Joe Biden's covid advisors discussing viral interference

40 minutes ago, BeachyBrowns said:

Not sure about anywhere else, but here's the year-over-year comparison of flu pre-covid to current in Florida:

Capture.JPG

26 minutes ago, josephine678 said:

Just curious any ideas how they will decide who gets to sail on a reduced revenue ship as I am assuming most of the cruises are booked full. I'm set to sail on Oasis in August. Doubt it's going to happen.

I was wondering this as well.  We are approaching our date to pay in full for a July cruise and half my family will not feel comfortable cruising.  We would love to lift and shift but don't have that option if this cruise actually sails.  But maybe they would ask for volunteers to shift if they have more than the reduced capacity already booked?

• Like 1

I am so frustrated with the cruise lines final pay policy.  Right now we have to decide to give the cruise line another 5K (total of 7K) in order to pay for our cruise in July.  I have a feeling it will be cancelled but I also will not be able to travel as some in our party will not be able to be vaccinated.  So, my options are to pay in full and let the cruise line hold my money until, maybe August, which will keep us from doing anything else this summer due to having our vacation money being held by the cruise line,  or taking a 2K FCC for a cruise that we may never get to go on.  I think that the cruise lines are obviously doing this so that they have cash flow and I understand the business side, but we need answers as to what is going to happen to people who can not be vaccinated.  I already know that some in my party will not have the vaccine and they have said that you must be vaccinated.  I believe that it is important to have a plan in place for refunds in these situations.  Otherwise there will be lawsuits and that is the last thing that the cruise lines need at this time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BeachyBrowns said:

You are too..."Move on, these aren't the droids you're looking for..."

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

You just answered your own question.

2 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I am so frustrated with the cruise lines final pay policy.  Right now we have to decide to give the cruise line another 5K (total of 7K) in order to pay for our cruise in July.  I have a feeling it will be cancelled but I also will not be able to travel as some in our party will not be able to be vaccinated.  So, my options are to pay in full and let the cruise line hold my money until, maybe August, which will keep us from doing anything else this summer due to having our vacation money being held by the cruise line,  or taking a 2K FCC for a cruise that we may never get to go on.  I think that the cruise lines are obviously doing this so that they have cash flow and I understand the business side, but we need answers as to what is going to happen to people who can not be vaccinated.  I already know that some in my party will not have the vaccine and they have said that you must be vaccinated.  I believe that it is important to have a plan in place for refunds in these situations.  Otherwise there will be lawsuits and that is the last thing that the cruise lines need at this time.

There has been no vaccine policy decided upon as of yet. 

Yesterday I was getting some cokes from the gas station and I only had a 10$ bill, as I was giving it to the cashier it dawned on me.....peeps are so scared of this virus, but they have no problem touching some of the dirtiest things on the planet when it comes to money! No spraying down of that bill!🤪

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 7:43 PM, John&LaLa said:

Umm, summer starts on Memorial Day. End of May. Summer ends on Labor Day, early September

Officially summer is June 20th,2021 and ends September 22nd. 

In Seattle where I live Summer starts on July 5th 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, josephine678 said:

Just curious any ideas how they will decide who gets to sail on a reduced revenue ship as I am assuming most of the cruises are booked full. I'm set to sail on Oasis in August. Doubt it's going to happen.

C&A level😉

12 minutes ago, Sweetnspicy said:

Officially summer is June 20th,2021 and ends September 22nd. 

In Seattle where I live Summer starts on July 5th 🤣

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I've lived in 10+ states. As far north as Indiana. Summer kicks off with Memorial Day and ends with Labor Day

Screenshot_20210412-100526_Google.thumb.jpg.04105db522445fc968b31f57abe5d16d.jpg

https://wilstar.com/holidays/summer.htm

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

I've lived in 10+ states. As far north as Indiana. Summer kicks off with Memorial Day and ends with Labor Day

Screenshot_20210412-100526_Google.thumb.jpg.04105db522445fc968b31f57abe5d16d.jpg

Memorial Day is not the start of summer. People may feel that it does but there are official dates. 

B8A86453-6FAD-405D-ACAF-2FF259725A6F.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sweetnspicy said:

Memorial Day is not the start of summer. People may feel that it does but there are official dates. 

B8A86453-6FAD-405D-ACAF-2FF259725A6F.png

Summer is a state of mind, not a solar event.

Begins Memorial Day

Peaks 4th of July

Ends Labor Day

Welcome to America, it's how we roll

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, John&LaLa said:

Begins Memorial Day

Peaks 4th of July

Ends Labor Day

I am American. In the PNW the weather doesn’t warm up until July if we are lucky. So I guess that’s just how we roll. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Sweetnspicy said:

I am American. In the PNW the weather doesn’t warm up until July if we are lucky. So I guess that’s just how we roll. 

Don't you live north of most Canadians, eh.

Seattle is nice in September 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I've lived in 10+ states. As far north as Indiana. Summer kicks off with Memorial Day and ends with Labor Day.

1 hour ago, Sweetnspicy said:

Summer starts when the tourist beach traffic blocks up all the roads leading to the beaches and summer ends when the traffic goes away.😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

Begins Memorial Day

Peaks 4th of July

Ends Labor Day

We were told the same thing in elementary school.  I insisted the summer months were July, August and September.  Was told September could not be a summer month since we were back in school the day after Labor Day, thus ending our summer vacation.....  So if June is a summer month why didn't our Summer Vacation start on June First?  How can a month which has twice as many spring days as summer days be called a summer month?  I lost all those arguments.   In addition no one could explain to me why on Leap Year the extra day was put in the middle of winter.  Why not have the extra day be June 31, an extra day of summer?

• Like 1