Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

Actually, Azulan has it right...

It's all out of our control until 2 weeks before sailing (when we can cancel) - so no use making a big deal about it now.  Something will be figured out - when there is so much money at stake.

Edited by CCWineLover

6 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Well, at least for us, everything is cancelable and/or insured.

So I will now focus on how I’m going to flog the living daylights out of the beverage package 🤪

Remember, the Viking Bar in the Living Room opens at 6am.  As the ole cowboy outside of Big Nose Kate's Saloon in Tombstone always says "You can't drink all day if you don't start early".....🧉

Lest I leave the wrong impression, I’m normally a light drinker on cruises, due to needing to get up early, and not be hungover, for shore-ex and other activities.  However, on this “Trailblazer” “cruise to almost nowhere”, I will focus on bing-drinking, gluttony, and sloth.  With minimal attention to personal hygiene (well, that part is normal for me...)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Lest I leave the wrong impression, I’m normally a light drinker on cruises, due to needing to get up early, and not be hungover, for shore-ex and other activities.  However, on this “Trailblazer” “cruise to almost nowhere”, I will focus on bing-drinking, gluttony, and sloth.  With minimal attention to personal hygiene (well, that part is normal for me...)

advertising a cruise to nowhere, with unlimited debauchery, might be the next alternative 

41 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Please tell me you are on the 20 July sailing - I need a wingman that will make me look good!

2 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Do they deliver mixed drinks to the cabin 24/7?  I’m way too lazy to make my own drinks...

They will certainly deliver them but I never held out to call at 3am or so.  Let us know how it works...

1 hour ago, Jim Avery said:

With Ragnar rampant on Bermuda, at least the good folks on the Iceland cruises are safe....😱

How are you going to help your dear accomplice HoHum sneak on board.?  I will tell you my stowaway story one day with the Italian captain 😉

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Azulann said:

Here is an  article about Viking cruising  Bermuda, June and July.

https://www.royalgazette.com/tourism/news/article/20210408/homeporting-could-provide-40m-boost/

Also  check  out April 21 article about Covid restrictions currently.

More news from minster's office  will come on Sunday.

Did anyone else note that the sidebar on this article stated "26 per cent of BHB doctors, 50 per cent of nurses not vaccinated".  

• Like 1

It mentioned they only started vaccinations jn Bermuda three months ago. Hopefully a lot more will have had at least one shot by June 15th.

According to the world % vaccinated table, Bermuda is somewhat ahead of the US in percentage of population vaccinated.  I think they have more to worry about with us than we have with them...

• Like 1

On 4/8/2021 at 5:07 PM, CCWineLover said:

Great Thread! Thank you to everyone for the resources. We are booked on the June 22 Bermuda cruise, and it's helpful to have the information.

Fred & Jim (San Francisco)

On 4/21/2021 at 10:58 AM, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

And you all can probably tell from me and Jim that Viking attracts “eccentrics”...

Hah! Glad to hear this, as I am right there with you. It will be our first time on Viking, after about 20 years of pretty much only Celebrity cruises, with an occasional dalliance. 

10 minutes ago, Psychler said:

Hah! Glad to hear this, as I am right there with you. It will be our first time on Viking, after about 20 years of pretty much only Celebrity cruises, with an occasional dalliance. 

As I mentioned over on the roll call for 6/15, the good news if you arrive a couple of days early, since Viking requires vaccination, you only have to stay on your hotel’s property until you get the results of the arrival test.  Unvaccinated travelers have to stay in their hotel room :-0

Just be aware of the Bermuda government’s requirements to test on day four and day eight.  If on-board by those day, I’ll bet Viking will do the tests.  Since they have to do the day four tests for people that arrive in Bermuda on embarkation day.

Just be prepared to get your nose reamed and drool in a cup constantly...

10 hours ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

One day has arrived - spill it please.

Let's just say that when I was much younger and before 911 I took quite a few cruises and my accommodations were far superior than an Owners Suite 😉  Contessa was a Princess 😉

11 hours ago, Psychler said:

You will love it.  We started cruising Celebrity in 2003, and since then have done a Princess or two and one HAL, but have pretty much stuck just to Celebrity and Azamara. We've done two Viking cruises, and think they compare well to Azamara.  We like the Viking ships better, but Azamara still has much better itineraries.  I think you'll be pleased.

Be sure to come back here while you're on your cruise to update those of us on the July sailings.

• Like 1