When you're on a cruise ship again...

K.T.B.

First up drop the gear, next up water (I know boring). We will hang out on our balcony for a while. Now it is time to find an open air bar with no smoking (my wife has severe asthma brought on by tobacco smoke). Our next cruise is "down under" so I suspect I will have to find something different to drink because as my regular cocktail of choice is a Caesar  and I don't think those will be on the menu there. Oh well time to experiment😁🍹, my wife will enjoy some Pimm's. After that sail away

Here is our boarding day ritual.  

Find our cabin, drop off carry ons.

Grab a quick bite at the buffet.

Explore the ship, finding our little quiet places, check out the dining rooms and bars.

Head out to the balcony to relax until muster and sail away.

Hopefully this will all be happening on the Edge in November 2021!

23 minutes ago, abbydancer said:

Possibly on the specialty coffee.  🙂

Great cookies, tarts and other treats and great teas  and coffees there ( Love the IGLU). 

To shona tay

Not everyone drinks alcohol

After dropping off our carry-ons in the cabin, we will be going around the ship to see if we can find any  crew members we've made friends with over the many years. I'm sure it will be a tearful reunion for me.

• Like 1

If all goes well, my husband will join me and some of my friends on his 1st cruise in November 2021!  We will enjoy the welcome glass of bubbly, head to the MDR for the Concierge luncheon,  make our Specialty Dining reservations, then enjoy a drink at the Sunset Bar until cabins are open.  Following Muster Drill, we will enjoy sailaway from our balcony!   I can't wait!!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Saturngrl said:

If all goes well, my husband will join me and some of my friends on his 1st cruise in November 2021!  We will enjoy the welcome glass of bubbly, head to the MDR for the Concierge luncheon,  make our Specialty Dining reservations, then enjoy a drink at the Sunset Bar until cabins are open.  Following Muster Drill, we will enjoy sailaway from our balcony!   I can't wait!!!!

I hope your husband falls in love with cruising and this can be the first of many enjoyable trips together.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TeaBag said:

I hope your husband falls in love with cruising and this can be the first of many enjoyable trips together.

Second that!

My DW wanted to cruise and I was reluctant....now approaching 35 cruises and hoping for many more.

41 minutes ago, shipshape sam said:

Second that!

My DW wanted to cruise and I was reluctant....now approaching 35 cruises and hoping for many more.

DH likes to say that on our first cruise, my first, his third I think, on day 2 I wanted off and was ready to divorce him.  Approximately 40 cruises later, we have 6 or 7 booked next year.  He says he hasn't had to help plan a cruise since.

16 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

What turned you around after day 2?

I started having fun.  It started with 3 sea days, and I was a bit bored at first, then I got into the rhythm of it and started appreciating how to spend the day (international cafe - it was Princess), walking the promenade, etc, etc.  

Sea days are perhaps a learned taste.  When we started cruising we avoided them, until one hectic itinerary made us really look forward to some rest at the end of the cruise.  We have a friend who prefers ocean crossings because they are mostly sea days – we haven't gotten that far yet...

• Like 1

When we first started cruising, it was go go go. Who wants a sea day? You then realize with an intense itinerary it can be exhausting. We typically take longer cruises and relish a few sea days thrown in. They are very peaceful and relaxing.

• Like 1

I see several people commenting on being on their balcony.  I'm assuming they are not referring to the Infinite Veranda on the new ships.  How long before  X realizes their mistake with these ships?  

As for us, our last cruise was a 15 day TA called "Boston, Broadway & Bermuda" on Silhouette 2018.  Our 2020 cruise was cancelled for illness.  (Not Covid).

Right now,  all suggestions sound heavenly.

12 hours ago, shofer said:

I see several people commenting on being on their balcony.  I'm assuming they are not referring to the Infinite Veranda on the new ships.  How long before  X realizes their mistake with these ships?  

As for us, our last cruise was a 15 day TA called "Boston, Broadway & Bermuda" on Silhouette 2018.  Our 2020 cruise was cancelled for illness.  (Not Covid).

Right now,  all suggestions sound heavenly.

Pretty certain they do not consider the infinite veranda a mistake, they already have two E-class sailing and a third in process.

1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

Pretty certain they do not consider the infinite veranda a mistake, they already have two E-class sailing and a third in process.

They do order these ships so far in advance.  I don't see myself on any of them.

• Like 1