Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

15 hours ago, lstone19 said:

Hmmm. I have the latest iPad Air with an Apple keyboard/case and the MC app will not take input from the keyboard. I need to force the on-screen keyboard to appear (normally hidden when the physical keyboard is attached) to enter anything.

i agree. I tried a bluetooth keyboard on both an iPhone and iPad. The app would not take input, so the app works the same on my Mac as it does on my iPhone. Also this is the latest reply I got regarding compatibility with a Mac with the M1 chip.

"Unfortunately, despite what Apple lists as compatible in the app store, the MedallionClass app is only accessible using a smart device, like a phone or tablet.

We submit the iOS version we work with, and Apple determines the list of compatible devices from the operating system information.  We have no control over what devices Apple lists.

We can confirm that the only way to access the features within the app is by using a smart device. 

Should you have any additional questions, or if you'd like direct assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
MedallionClass Support Team "

18 hours ago, billco said:

i agree. I tried a bluetooth keyboard on both an iPhone and iPad. The app would not take input, so the app works the same on my Mac as it does on my iPhone. Also this is the latest reply I got regarding compatibility with a Mac with the M1 chip.

"Unfortunately, despite what Apple lists as compatible in the app store, the MedallionClass app is only accessible using a smart device, like a phone or tablet.

We submit the iOS version we work with, and Apple determines the list of compatible devices from the operating system information.  We have no control over what devices Apple lists.

We can confirm that the only way to access the features within the app is by using a smart device. 

Should you have any additional questions, or if you'd like direct assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind regards,
MedallionClass Support Team "

We have had success using our iPad 6 and iPhone 12 devices.  It wasn't always that way, but after sending an email to the "team" they solved the problem in two days.  The only thing remaining, which has nothing to do with the app itself, is the ability to pick an arrival group and health screening both of which are tied into the timing of the voyage with is over 100 days away so not available.  Ordering the medallion and other inputs have worked well.

• Like 1

Everything working okay here now. Except for two things: promotion specialty dinner only gives credit for one of us and still demands payment for the other and the excursions I have already paid for do not show in the “JourneyView Activities” although they are in the Trip Summary in Personalizer. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ProfMHC said:

Everything working okay here now. Except for two things: promotion specialty dinner only gives credit for one of us and still demands payment for the other and the excursions I have already paid for do not show in the “JourneyView Activities” although they are in the Trip Summary in Personalizer. 

Same here.

Print out your Travel Summary i case it changes. Proof of dinners & excu paid 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dog said:

Same here.

Print out your Travel Summary i case it changes. Proof of dinners & excu paid 

The specialty dining purchased through the app do not feed back to the Travel Summary and I've reported it to Princess.  I've kept screen shots of those purchases just in case.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ProfMHC said:

Noticed the same when i tried to book for a couple of us…credit foe only one person was given.  Of course, encountered the same when I  tried to add a 3rd person to the specialty dining reservation who is not on our booking but has a separated booking and linked to ours (and also has complimentary specialty dining).  I guess they have time to work out these details. 

18 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

Noticed the same when i tried to book for a couple of us…credit foe only one person was given.  Of course, encountered the same when I  tried to add a 3rd person to the specialty dining reservation who is not on our booking but has a separated booking and linked to ours (and also has complimentary specialty dining).  I guess they have time to work out these details. 

Do both  people have to have login IDs ? I have not gone that far since our cruise was cancelled but DW phot showed along side mine and I had only set up one ID. Was able to fill in info and scan passports for both of us, but did not try reservations. Wonder if two IDs are needed to tie back to two on board accounts. I also did not go as far as entering credit card info. I realize you are talking about Promo dinner but from a Book Keeping perspective the system might need to refer to two accounts - just a wild guess.

Edited by Tedferg

28 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Do both  people have to have login IDs ? I have not gone that far since our cruise was cancelled but DW phot showed along side mine and I had only set up one ID. Was able to fill in info and scan passports for both of us, but did not try reservations. Wonder if two IDs are needed to tie back to two on board accounts. I also did not go as far as entering credit card info. I realize you are talking about Promo dinner but from a Book Keeping perspective the system might need to refer to two accounts - just a wild guess.

Credit card can be entered by one and then authorized for the cabinmate.  Everything settles to one account.  If each cabinmate registers own CC, then charges are separate.  Not the best idea for using up OBC, depending on situation. 

Also, if have own account on own device, will be able to be connected to the App via ship's Intranet and have access to activities, find a shipmate, etc.

24 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Credit card can be entered by one and then authorized for the cabinmate.  Everything settles to one account.  If each cabinmate registers own CC, then charges are separate.  Not the best idea for using up OBC, depending on situation. 

Also, if have own account on own device, will be able to be connected to the App via ship's Intranet and have access to activities, find a shipmate, etc.

So do you recommend an additional Medallion account ? Previously we jus had one Princess login and listed DW as second passenger, filled in details, authorized both for credit card.

16 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

So do you recommend an additional Medallion account ? Previously we jus had one Princess login and listed DW as second passenger, filled in details, authorized both for credit card.

For us, yes, because we both use the MC App on our devices, so need to login on board.  Wife never uses it off ships as I do all the travel arrangements.

I would think having separate logins would be useful onboard unless you are always together. If you are in different areas of the ship and want to order food or drinks using the app it would make sense to have your own login. For instance if my wife is at Knitters and Natters and wants to have a Latte delivered to her and I'm at the aft pool and want to have a sandwich delivered to me it only makes sense that we would each order using the app and our own login.

Of course I have never been on a Medallion cruise, have no experience with the new system or the new app, and am only guessing how it actually works.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 1

I just read that we will have no paper menus and that the menu will be on the Med app.  What if we do not have a smartphone???? How do we know what the menu is?  Hope the other person that stated that was wrong because I sure would like to know what to order for dinner.

23 minutes ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I just read that we will have no paper menus and that the menu will be on the Med app.  What if we do not have a smartphone???? How do we know what the menu is?  Hope the other person that stated that was wrong because I sure would like to know what to order for dinner.

I believe the menu is on the tv screen in cabins. 

1 hour ago, Thrak said:

I would think having separate logins would be useful onboard unless you are always together. If you are in different areas of the ship and want to order food or drinks using the app it would make sense to have your own login. For instance if my wife is at Knitters and Natters and wants to have a Latte delivered to her and I'm at the aft pool and want to have a sandwich delivered to me it only makes sense that we would each order using the app and our own login.

Of course I have never been on a Medallion cruise, have no experience with the new system or the new app, and am only guessing how it actually works.

Good points Thrak, will it be a problem if both of our iPhones are on the kitchen counter where they spend most of their time 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I understand the traditional hardcopy menus will continue to be available.

1 hour ago, dog said:

I believe the menu is on the tv screen in cabins. 

Yes, it will be - as well as in the App.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Tedferg said:

With that one login at Princess.com, you could not look at the full information about both of your Princess' information. For example, the FCDs and FCCs you have available are listed in two individual accounts, not one.

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I understand the traditional hardcopy menus will continue to be available.

can you tell us your source?  
Hope this continues to be true 

13 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Yes, it will be - as well as in the App.

this was the case on my Dec 2019 cruise on the Sky Princess. 

3 minutes ago, dog said:

can you tell us your source?  
Hope this continues to be true 

this was the case on my Dec 2019 cruise on the Sky Princess. 

Source for hardcopy menus was mentioned in one of the seminars I watched.  That's all I can recall now.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

Seriously at my age I should look at the menu on the tv in my cabin and memorize it and then go to dinner 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Look

you asked. 

I answered what I know. 

• Haha 1

Well, just got the final word from Medallion Support, in a very rude manner to boot!

"Only iPhones 8's and above will work for the MedallionClass App."

When I inquired as to when we could print off luggage tags for our August 8th cruise I was told: "if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags."

Great way to welcome back clients Princess!!

Edited by PROCRUISE

19 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Well, just got the final word from Medallion Support, in a very rude manner to boot!

"Only iPhones 8's and above will work for the MedallionClass App."

When I inquired as to when we could print off luggage tags for our August 8th cruise I was told: "if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags."

Great way to welcome back clients Princess!!

Extremely rude!!

5 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

"if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags."

Correct - when you drop off your luggage, Princess rep(s) will scan your app / medallion, then print off a Q-code which will be attached at that point to your bag(s), in place of the pre-printed luggage "tags"

speculation ... maybe ??