Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

16 minutes ago, Mud_Shark said:

Thank you Dreaminofcruisin,

the app version is 1.5.7345

Is this the current version?

Ocean Now only shows 3 options:  Order Now, Drink Packages, and Stateroom Breakfast - and all are slightly grayed out indicating you can only do these things when onboard.

Don

I'm sure Steelers36 or Dreaminofcruisin will respond as well but I just checked the Google Play store and the current version of the Medallion Class app is 3.0.92015 and was lasted updated on 6/22/2021.

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, voljeep said:

Correct - when you drop off your luggage, Princess rep(s) will scan your app / medallion, then print off a Q-code which will be attached at that point to your bag(s), in place of the pre-printed luggage "tags"

speculation ... maybe ??

This might become a possibility. They create tags at the airport when checking luggage so I do not see why not at the port? It is a possibility.

On 6/29/2021 at 12:58 AM, caribill said:

With that one login at Princess.com, you could not look at the full information about both of your Princess' information. For example, the FCDs and FCCs you have available are listed in two individual accounts, not one.

I had not set up a separate ID for DW because I thought it would exacerbate problems with Medallion App, having to link the two. Problems enough linking one personalizer to Medallion. We have only had one FCD previously, 'take a cruise buy FCD for next cruise'. So never had a need to look at FCD status etc. BTW I just logged in to Medallion with Booking number and DW Name, Date of Birth and everything works, including her photo that I upload under my Login.

23 hours ago, voljeep said:

Correct - when you drop off your luggage, Princess rep(s) will scan your app / medallion, then print off a Q-code which will be attached at that point to your bag(s), in place of the pre-printed luggage "tags"

speculation ... maybe ??

Fingers crossed that it works, or it is going to be a big-a** pile of bags for each passenger to look through!

Plus, I thought Princess' dream was for passengers to wave their medallions and race onboard without delay.

Stopping to scan/print will temper the 'race' on board.

And, I don't think they would print a quick response code, they need to print cabin number.

Otherwise, each person working on the ship handling bags would need to scan the qr code..

4 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Thank you Dreaminofcruisin,

the app version is 1.5.7345

Is this the current version?

Ocean Now only shows 3 options:  Order Now, Drink Packages, and Stateroom Breakfast - and all are slightly grayed out indicating you can only do these things when onboard.

Don

You need to delete all your old Medallion apps and download the new MedallionClass App from the Play Store and go from there.  Hopefully you will have some success with it, assuming you can get logged in okay.

• Like 3

Dl'd the newer version and yes - many new options popped up, including dine my way.  Thanks.

Now, on a separate thread, I read that a new version will be released in early August and I will have to update all this again, but for now, it works.

Thanks all

Don

• Like 1

If we have the newest version of  the appl, when Princess makes changes shouldn't the appl. automatically update on our phones?I would hate  to think every time Princess makes changes we would have to delete and start over again.I noticed since I downloaded the application a couple of weeks ago, things have changed on it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

If we have the newest version of  the appl, when Princess makes changes shouldn't the appl. automatically update on our phones?I would hate  to think every time Princess makes changes we would have to delete and start over again.I noticed since I downloaded the application a couple of weeks ago, things have changed on it.

Sometimes (and I cannot quantify "sometimes" very well), mobile apps can be updated - your hand held device application source (Apple Store or Google Play) will sometimes offer an update/upgrade option for your apps. In the case of the MC app, it seems that uninstalling an older version and installing the latest is the best option. On a separate thread, reportedly Princess is going to release a large update to the app on or about 8/1/2021. We will see....

12 minutes ago, joepeka said:

On a separate thread, reportedly Princess is going to release a large update to the app on or about 8/1/2021. We will see....

That date was later revised to August 31. Apparently the August 1 date was a typo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, joepeka said:

Sometimes (and I cannot quantify "sometimes" very well), mobile apps can be updated - your hand held device application source (Apple Store or Google Play) will sometimes offer an update/upgrade option for your apps. In the case of the MC app, it seems that uninstalling an older version and installing the latest is the best option. On a separate thread, reportedly Princess is going to release a large update to the app on or about 8/1/2021. We will see....

The August update is a data cleansing exercise to fix all the bad data conversion messes from Cruise Personalizer to MC App.  They have been fixing records as they get issues and for the near-term voyages.

The post I read was a correction on Aug 1, but Thrak mentions now 31.

Whatever, it speaks to the fact that most issues were due to data corruption and once fixed whatever problems were, people had access to OceanReady data in MC App.

Doesn't mean tbose who are working have to start over.  But I would certainly review data after whatever the magic fix date is.  Unless it is a mass update, maybe they expect need entire month to fix all records.  What a cluster.

As for DMW, that is a whole separatd kettle of fish.  Not clear to me if more functionality amd inventory will be added by the August timeframe or not.  My suggestion would be to clear all the dining res data in DMW for 2022 amd beyond and start over since it is a mess.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 1

I just spent some time on the Princess TA site and thought I would let you all know that they have now posted a lengthy troubleshooting/known issues document for reps to use when customers call in. This means that Princess are well aware of the problems - I believe every problem I have seen posted on here was covered. The majority have TBA/Working On It as the estimated timeline for resolution, but at least they are acknowledging (internally) that the app is not working correctly!

Here are one or two that "might" be helpful (problem followed by resolution/timeline):

If an Android user downloaded the app prior to June 9th, they will need to uninstall it and then reinstall it to mitigate issues. If a caller is having issues with Android, this is first question that should be asked/first step of troubleshooting.

At time of new download. However, this does not guarantee the issue the guest is having will be resolved just by the new download.

Arrival/Departure Groups not currently loaded into the app.

TBA. Actively working on loading all of Seattle r/t and Southampton sailings

assport Scanning Issues. Some of our testers  report they are unable to scan a passport (or are sometimes successful scanning and other times not) while the majority of testers have no issue at all. 

Any calls regarding issues scanning a passport should follow the troubleshooting steps. If level 1 support/Navigators can't successfully assist, issue will be logged by Navigator on Navigator Issue log for Ocean team review and resolution. Email to be sent to guest upon resolution. Issues found by testers will be sent by that group to the Ocean Team via JIRA ticket.

iphone 6 is not able to launch the app.

The teams are looking at how to support this device. Will keep everyone updated on the fix.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My wife and I were having breakfast this morning and were thinking about the medallion class app and all it's problems. As mentioned before we cannot get into the app and we have talked to tech support and with our ipad we should be having no problems, however we still do. We think it is very interesting how we can use our PC/Desktop to peruse all of Princess's cruises. We can select a cruise we want to go on. Then we can select our cabin, bed arrangement, and dinning time. Finally we can pay online with our credit card and Princes is only too happy to take the payment. All done on our PC, then when I want to check-in, they change the rules, and tell me I have to use an app on my iphone/ipad etc. to be able to do this. We are all for people wanting to use this medallion app on board the ship or however else they want to.. We are just not happy that Princess is not allowing us to complete the check-in  of a booking that was begun on our PC.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I just spent some time on the Princess TA site and thought I would let you all know that they have now posted a lengthy troubleshooting/known issues document for reps to use when customers call in. This means that Princess are well aware of the problems - I believe every problem I have seen posted on here was covered. The majority have TBA/Working On It as the estimated timeline for resolution, but at least they are acknowledging (internally) that the app is not working correctly!

Here are one or two that "might" be helpful (problem followed by resolution/timeline):

If an Android user downloaded the app prior to June 9th, they will need to uninstall it and then reinstall it to mitigate issues. If a caller is having issues with Android, this is first question that should be asked/first step of troubleshooting.

At time of new download. However, this does not guarantee the issue the guest is having will be resolved just by the new download.

Arrival/Departure Groups not currently loaded into the app.

TBA. Actively working on loading all of Seattle r/t and Southampton sailings

assport Scanning Issues. Some of our testers  report they are unable to scan a passport (or are sometimes successful scanning and other times not) while the majority of testers have no issue at all. 

Any calls regarding issues scanning a passport should follow the troubleshooting steps. If level 1 support/Navigators can't successfully assist, issue will be logged by Navigator on Navigator Issue log for Ocean team review and resolution. Email to be sent to guest upon resolution. Issues found by testers will be sent by that group to the Ocean Team via JIRA ticket.

iphone 6 is not able to launch the app.

The teams are looking at how to support this device. Will keep everyone updated on the fix.

Thanks for sharing.  Unfortunately, they have nothing addressing the DMW issues.

6 minutes ago, Dave from Ont said:

My wife and I were having breakfast this morning and were thinking about the medallion class app and all it's problems. As mentioned before we cannot get into the app and we have talked to tech support and with our ipad we should be having no problems, however we still do. We think it is very interesting how we can use our PC/Desktop to peruse all of Princess's cruises. We can select a cruise we want to go on. Then we can select our cabin, bed arrangement, and dinning time. Finally we can pay online with our credit card and Princes is only too happy to take the payment. All done on our PC, then when I want to check-in, they change the rules, and tell me I have to use an app on my iphone/ipad etc. to be able to do this. We are all for people wanting to use this medallion app on board the ship or however else they want to.. We are just not happy that Princess is not allowing us to complete the check-in  of a booking that was begun on our PC.

Well said, how any responsible IT department can take away a working solution and replace it with this mess is beyond belief !

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks for sharing.  Unfortunately, they have nothing addressing the DMW issues.

They do - I just didn't post it. There are a LOT of issues! Lol. DMW issues acknowledge problem with table size/times, specifics to Discovery Princess, inability to book, etc. The resolution/timing basically just have TBA

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dave from Ont said:

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Well said, how any responsible IT department can take away a working solution and replace it with this mess is beyond belief !

Agree with everything said above...100%!

This is the worst app I have ever encountered.  A week ago I was able to go into the app and load security photo and personal icon, pin.  Today when I was going to try and scan my passport the app will not even open.  The ship comes up, Medallion Class icon shows up, start to autologin  then the whole app goes away.  I am waiting to see what happens in a few more weeks.  Thank goodness I do not have a cruise till January

• Like 3

FINALLY, things have fallen into place and we are now in the green lane.  After one email and three phone calls to Princess IT people I can begin to relax.  All we have left is the health questionnaire.  The funny thing about this whole app thing is that I just completed using the Royal Caribbean app for a cruise that is two weeks before my Princess one and that app was a piece of cake to use:  only took me 10 minutes to upload everything without ever using the app before --- no IT assistance needed.

• Like 1

I'm guessing we're pissing off IT as much as they're pissing us off. I finally broke down and emailed the IT from the google play store bad review I gave them a few days ago. No response from them yet and my app still is buggy. Maybe if they had it working before the release we wouldn't be bugging them as much 🤣 And here I am looking at getting a new phone for DW and myself this weekend.....I am gluten for punishment 🤣

I just downloaded the updated app and can log into it.  But, when I try to log into the princess website on my computer, it takes me to the "complete registration" page and I know not to complete that.  How can the app work, but not the website, aren't they supposed to be synced now?

16 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I just downloaded the updated app and can log into it.  But, when I try to log into the princess website on my computer, it takes me to the "complete registration" page and I know not to complete that.  How can the app work, but not the website, aren't they supposed to be synced now?

Maybe stupid question, but are you 100% sure you're logging in with exactly the same credentials on the website as what you have working in the app? Capitalization sometimes matters and sometimes doesn't, so consider that as well.

1 minute ago, Sea Hag said:

Maybe stupid question, but are you 100% sure you're logging in with exactly the same credentials on the website as what you have working in the app? Capitalization sometimes matters and sometimes doesn't, so consider that as well.

No, not a stupid question, but yes.  I called  them maybe 4 weeks ago and was told that the logins were screwed up because of the app integration, but it sounds like most people have this corrected now, but not me.  I will have to call them I guess.  Surprised the app worked for me.