Medallion App Updated and Working Now

HBCcruiser

31 minutes ago, PROCRUISE said:

Well, just got the final word from Medallion Support, in a very rude manner to boot!

"Only iPhones 8's and above will work for the MedallionClass App."

When I inquired as to when we could print off luggage tags for our August 8th cruise I was told: "if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags."

Great way to welcome back clients Princess!!

Oh my! What a poor response about luggage tags. Someone needs to listen before speaking.

Luggage tags = paper print out to attach to luggage.

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Correct - when you drop off your luggage, Princess rep(s) will scan your app / medallion, then print off a Q-code which will be attached at that point to your bag(s), in place of the pre-printed luggage "tags"

speculation ... maybe ??

But, at Port Everglades, isn't the luggage taken by porters employed by the Port Authority?  I don't think they are Princess employees.  If your scenario is correct, it sounds like they would be creating a chokepoint which would slow down the whole luggage drop.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

But, at Port Everglades, isn't the luggage taken by porters employed by the Port Authority?  I don't think they are Princess employees.  If your scenario is correct, it sounds like they would be creating a chokepoint which would slow down the whole luggage drop.

Hey, I'm the 'big picture' type of guy - I 'got people' to make my ideas happen ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 6/23/2021 at 8:56 AM, azbirdmom said:

Almost everything I reported to the Ocean folks that wasn't functioning on my iPhone 11 now is working.  I was able to choose an Arrival Group for our August 8th cruise.  Can't choose a departure group but that may be by design.  What is odd is that we do finally show as Ocean Ready and in the Green lane.  However, there's a new field up at the top that shows a QR Code and Blue lane.  I've just sent that discrepancy back to Ocean group.  At least for me it is a step in the right direction but still buggy.

image.png.02ed83f370a7010f19a8a98120c905e4.png

I, likewise, have the blue lane on top with the boarding QR code but the green lane on the bottom with the OceanReady Profile status. Wondering if anyone who has selected an arrival time has a green lane at both places, top and bottom? Perhaps the blue status up top is something that will update/change to green when the health status information is entered? I guess we'll see. I think I read that the health status can be entered 3 days before a cruise, and 'lane' status colors for boarding can be either green(preferred), blue or yellow. 

3 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

Well, just got the final word from Medallion Support, in a very rude manner to boot!

When I inquired as to when we could print off luggage tags for our August 8th cruise I was told: "if you had the app you wouldn't need luggage tags."

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Correct - when you drop off your luggage, Princess rep(s) will scan your app / medallion, then print off a Q-code which will be attached at that point to your bag(s), in place of the pre-printed luggage "tags"

speculation ... maybe ??

I just checked the web site and on the link for "Luggage Tag & Travel Summary" it says:

"Once you're OceanReady®, there's no need to print your boarding pass. Just show your digital version within the MedallionClass™ app at check-in. You do, however, need to print your luggage tags and attach them. We also suggest you save your travel summary and booking information to have those details handy."

Sounds like the rude rep doesn't know the difference between a boarding pass and a luggage tag.  🙄

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Daniel A said:

Yes, the porters at all ports are Port Authority employees, not cruise line employees. BUT I suppose they could have hand-held devices to read your QR code and that device COULD print off a tag to stick to each bag. I kind of doubt that but it's a neat idea.

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

Hey, I'm the 'big picture' type of guy - I 'got people' to make my ideas happen ...

Kind of like "make it so, Number 1"?

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

I just checked the web site and on the link for "Luggage Tag & Travel Summary" it says:

"Once you're OceanReady®, there's no need to print your boarding pass. Just show your digital version within the MedallionClass™ app at check-in. You do, however, need to print your luggage tags and attach them. We also suggest you save your travel summary and booking information to have those details handy."

Sounds like the rude rep doesn't know the difference between a boarding pass and a luggage tag.  🙄

Most of those reps have never even been on a ship let alone sailed on a cruise.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, joepeka said:

Yes, the porters at all ports are Port Authority employees, not cruise line employees. BUT I suppose they could have hand-held devices to read your QR code and that device COULD print of a tag to stick to each bag. I kind of doubt that but it's a neat idea.

Kind of like "make it so, Number 1"?

See my post at #1155, I don't think the luggage tags are connected to the app.  @PROCRUISE wrote that the rude rep was at medallion support.  I think those people are contracted to deal with implementing the technical aspects of the ghastly MedallionClass App.  The web site says that : "Luggage tags will be available closer to your departure date."

@PROCRUISE - try going into the manage my booking section on the web site and look for the small link near the top of the page which says "Luggage Tag & Travel Summary" you may find your luggage tags there, if not, call Princess and ask about it.  I hope this helps.

5 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

See my post at #1155, I don't think the luggage tags are connected to the app.  @PROCRUISE wrote that the rude rep was at medallion support.  I think those people are contracted to deal with implementing the technical aspects of the ghastly MedallionClass App.  The web site says that : "Luggage tags will be available closer to your departure date."

@PROCRUISE - try going into the manage my booking section on the web site and look for the small link near the top of the page which says "Luggage Tag & Travel Summary" you may find your luggage tags there, if not, call Princess and ask about it.  I hope this helps.

I'm sure you're correct about the luggage tags and the app. Someone on another thread mentioned that Princess has made it clear (somewhere on the web site) that luggage tags have to be printed and attached by the passengers. That may change some day but for now, it seems it's the old paper tags (either printed yourself or blank ones given to you at the cruise port).

Edited by joepeka
  • Like 1

Sorry for my ignorance, but this thread is 47 pages long and I have only read this current page (#47).

We do not live in the US, and so, when we set up Ocean ready, once it understands that we must pick up our medallions at the port is says:  "great! Your ocean medallions will be available for pickup at the port"

When I click "continue", it says "Content Unavailable.  We're sorry, the OCEAN network is having some difficulty.  We cannot access your details."  

And we can go no further.   Been this way for weeks.  We don't sail until the Fall, but others have indicated they have done their dining preferences - we can't seem to get that far.

Is this a common issue or specific just to us?

Thanks

Don

4 hours ago, PROCRUISE said:

No android phones?

And, without luggage tags, what do folks do...

...tape their phones to their checked bags?

16 hours ago, caribill said:

With that one login at Princess.com, you could not look at the full information about both of your Princess' information. For example, the FCDs and FCCs you have available are listed in two individual accounts, not one.

Good point, we have done 8 plus cruises with Princess and I don't think I ever set up a separate ID for DW.

Everything was working fine and now I cannot change or view any items in Cruise Personalizer. I updated the App and still the same, everything grayed out. Check marks for complete sections an '!' for uncompleted. I can click on Order Medallion etc. OK.

2 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Good point, we have done 8 plus cruises with Princess and I don't think I ever set up a separate ID for DW.

From the very beginning (2004) Ken and I have separate emails and passwords to log into Princess.com.  To check on either his or my cruise history, FCD and other info, we have to use the  email/password set up or each of us..  Of course, the upcoming cruises show the same information using either of our log in IDs. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Everything was working fine and now I cannot change or view any items in Cruise Personalizer. I updated the App and still the same, everything grayed out. Check marks for complete sections an '!' for uncompleted. I can click on Order Medallion etc. OK.

Thank you @Thrak I logged in with lower case booking number

4 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Sorry for my ignorance, but this thread is 47 pages long and I have only read this current page (#47).

We do not live in the US, and so, when we set up Ocean ready, once it understands that we must pick up our medallions at the port is says:  "great! Your ocean medallions will be available for pickup at the port"

When I click "continue", it says "Content Unavailable.  We're sorry, the OCEAN network is having some difficulty.  We cannot access your details."  

And we can go no further.   Been this way for weeks.  We don't sail until the Fall, but others have indicated they have done their dining preferences - we can't seem to get that far.

Is this a common issue or specific just to us?

Thanks

Don

I can understand not attempting to read over 1,000 posts.  Not sure exactly what your problem might be without more details in terms of steps. 

Are you Android or Apple?  If Android, what version of the MC App are you running? 

There may be a routing type problem at the end of the Medallion ordering process.  Entirely possible and IDK for sure as I have not taken that option as yet. 

Not sure what you mean by "go no further".  If you were "buried" to the end of the Medallion ordering and not getting out, then don't go there next time.  Re-start the App and go to the OceanReady section and see what you can do there.  Are you in the Blue Lane or Green Lane?  Is anything checked off and done other than Medallion order? 

What happens when you try to start DineMyWay?  When did you book the cruise(s)?  If you are not at least Platinum level in Captain's Circle, then you do not get access to dining reservations right away for a booking.  Have to wait until you have made Final Payment.  Otherwise, those who had existing bookings prior to June 7 were grandfathered in with access to DMW.

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

From the very beginning (2004) Ken and I have separate emails and passwords to log into Princess.com.  To check on either his or my cruise history, FCD and other info, we have to use the  email/password set up or each of us..  Of course, the upcoming cruises show the same information using either of our log in IDs. 

I checked a future cruise and both our details are shown under Check In and Payments. I am not trying to be argumentative and will set up a separate ID for DW. Still a little puzzling 

8 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

I checked a future cruise and both our details are shown under Check In and Payments. I am not trying to be argumentative and will set up a separate ID for DW. Still a little puzzling 

But looking at check in and payments does not show, for example, unused FCDs and unused FCCs. These are shown under each person's Princess log in.

Thanks Steelers.  First = I am Android.  2nd - No clue what version of the Medallion app I am running - but maybe I am out of date.  When I go to ocean ready - there are 5 circles.  These 4 are all green:  Travel documents, Security Photo, Profile photo, Pin Code.  The first one "Ocean medallion and accessories" has a red exclamation mark beside it and has no outline colour.  I can never make it to the end of that one before it says the "we cannot access your file" thing and stops me from doing anything further down that trek.

I do not see any circle for dining options.  Maybe it is too soon?  I booked the cruise in May and made full payment right away, even though final payment isn't due until August.  We are Platinum.

Don

1 hour ago, Mud_Shark said:

I do not see any circle for dining options.  Maybe it is too soon?  I booked the cruise in May and made full payment right away, even though final payment isn't due until August.  We are Platinum.

When they announced DMY, they said everyone already booked by that date could access the dining options immediately.

Some others whose cruises are after yours have posted they could select their dining times.

5 hours ago, Mud_Shark said:

Thanks Steelers.  First = I am Android.  2nd - No clue what version of the Medallion app I am running - but maybe I am out of date.  When I go to ocean ready - there are 5 circles.  These 4 are all green:  Travel documents, Security Photo, Profile photo, Pin Code.  The first one "Ocean medallion and accessories" has a red exclamation mark beside it and has no outline colour.  I can never make it to the end of that one before it says the "we cannot access your file" thing and stops me from doing anything further down that trek.

Don

To find the version on Android: Go to Settings / Apps / MedallionClass and scroll to the bottom and you will see the version number.

If you have the current version...you should be able to scroll down through "Journey View", to "Ocean Now" under which you should see "Dine My Way". If you don't see these things, you likely have an old version? You should either upgrade to the newest version or delete the one you have and totally reload the new one. If you had a previous Medallion cruise, you might have an "Ocean....? something..I forget what... App still hanging around and you should delete that one also....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

No android phones?

And, without luggage tags, what do folks do...

...tape their phones to their checked bags?

Maybe they'll bypass bag check and carry their own luggage onboard?

Thank you Dreaminofcruisin,

the app version is 1.5.7345

Is this the current version?

Ocean Now only shows 3 options:  Order Now, Drink Packages, and Stateroom Breakfast - and all are slightly grayed out indicating you can only do these things when onboard.

Don