Princess- Please be HONEST with Us!

nini

17 hours ago, ChutChut said:

Vaccinated pax still can get Covid.

True but the chances they will are greatly reduced and the minuscule number who are infected have a very mild case. Nobody who has been vaccinated and subsequently come down with COVID has died or even been hospitalized.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

True but the chances they will are greatly reduced and the minuscule number who are infected have a very mild case. Nobody who has been vaccinated and subsequently come down with COVID has died or even been hospitalized.

Don't think your statement is accurate.   2 people in a nursing home in New Hampshire who had been vaccinated  came down with covid and did die.   

2 hours ago, waltd said:

...........had been vaccinated  came down with covid and did die.   

Perhaps from old age!

If someone dies from the flu is that given as the cause of death? Too many times Covid is blamed just because they caught it within 28 days of death.

The vaccine isn’t effective either within the first couple of weeks of inoculation.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Esprit said:

Perhaps from old age!

If someone dies from the flu is that given as the cause of death? Too many times Covid is blamed just because they caught it within 28 days of death.

The vaccine isn’t effective either within the first couple of weeks of inoculation.

Very Possible.   But that's another topic for another day.   Bottom line is no vaccine is going to keep us all 100% safe.   At some point there will be deaths even with the vaccine.

Edited by waltd

15 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

As of April 20, the CDC has indeed reported a total of 7,157 cases of COVID-19 among fully vaccinated people and 88 deaths.

2 hours ago, caribill said:

As of April 20, the CDC has indeed reported a total of 7,157 cases of COVID-19 among fully vaccinated people and 88 deaths.

Of course many of those people would have had existing medical issues. If we take the stance of waiting until utopia we may as well unpack and stay home. If we expect all passengers and crew to be vaccinated, what more can we do. Or do we just wait a year until, say, 70% of the worlds population have had the vaccination and then start up. 

Not having a shot at you Caribill, just quoting your post as background.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

Not true......it is being reported in a wide variety of newspaper that this is happening......they are called "breakthrough cases"..........

https://www.reviewjournal.com/investigations/2-nevadans-die-after-rare-breakthrough-cases-of-covid-2348041/

Edited by PrincessLuver

1 hour ago, PrincessLuver said:

Not true......it is being reported in a wide variety of newspaper that this is happening......they are called "breakthrough cases"..........

https://www.reviewjournal.com/investigations/2-nevadans-die-after-rare-breakthrough-cases-of-covid-2348041/

I couldn't get that to open without having to pay someone something 🤨

so, lets try this one ..  https://www.fox5vegas.com/coronavirus/2-deaths-29-hospitalizations-from-breakthrough-covid-19-cases-in-clark-county/article_b0bcf590-aed4-11eb-96f6-0f6498101c5a.html

7 hours ago, caribill said:

40 minutes ago, c-boy said:

What they don't seem to break down is the number who caught the virus before two+ weeks passed since second vaccination.  A person is not protected to the max level until at least a couple of weeks has passed since the second dose.

There will ALWAYS be exceptions to the rule.

Edited by Steelers36
  • Like 4

On 5/5/2021 at 12:05 PM, lstone19 said:

I have no idea where Nini got those port schedules in the OP but I'm guessing from some cruising website that is not up to date. That was the schedule prior to Sep 2020 which was when Princess cancelled the 7/14/21 night rotation from Rome to Athens to Barcelona to Rome that was traditionally run in the summer. However, when they cancelled that last September, they put out a schedule of 7-night cruises all from Rome. Now that appears to be being changed again as the current port schedule being posted by the port of Athens (their own website, not some cruising website that aggregates data) shows Enchanted Princess in Athens every Sunday from July 4 to Nov 14. On the other hand, Civitavecchia's (Rome's) port appears to still have the old schedule but only through July (no schedule published beyond then).

So we have three schedules being tossed about - the original Rome-Athens-Barcelona-Rome schedule that Princess cancelled, the every seven days from Rome schedule Princess is selling followed by it doing 11-night OW cruises between Rome and Barcelona in October and November, and the every seven days from Athens that the port of Athens is showing. Who know whether the second one or the third is right at this point.

These are the links. AND, I have been watching the changes as well, and have been noted by other posters.

http://crew-center.com/piraeus-greece-cruise-port-schedule-2021

http://crew-center.com/civitavecchia-rome-cruise-ships-schedule-july-december-2021

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nini said:

These are the links. AND, I have been watching the changes as well, and have been noted by other posters.

http://crew-center.com/piraeus-greece-cruise-port-schedule-2021

http://crew-center.com/civitavecchia-rome-cruise-ships-schedule-july-december-2021

crew-center.com is not an authoritative source (nor is cruisemapper.com, also cited upthread). They just take the data they get from authoritative sources and re-publish it. If the authoritative source changes the data and a secondary source such as crew-center.com does not notice the change or does not update their site, then the secondary source will have wrong information. Using a non-authoratative source such as crew-center.com is often no better than "my hair stylist heard from her sister who heard from her auto mechanic ..."

In this case, the schedule crew-center.com is showing for Enchanted Princess for Piraeus and Civitavecchia is the schedule Princess cancelled in September 2020 so crew-center.com is very out of date and worthless.

Others in another thread about Enchanted Princess and Piraeus have provided a link to the what appears to be the official Port of Piraeus schedule and is therefore an authoritative source. 

Edited by lstone19
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, lstone19 said:

crew-center.com is not an authoritative source (nor is cruisemapper.com, also cited upthread). They just take the data they get from authoritative sources and re-publish it. If the authoritative source changes the data and a secondary source such as crew-center.com does not notice the change or does not update their site, then the secondary source will have wrong information. Using a non-authoratative source such as crew-center.com is often no better than "my hair stylist heard from her sister who heard from her auto mechanic ..."

In this case, the schedule crew-center.com is showing for Enchanted Princess for Piraeus and Civitavecchia is the schedule Princess cancelled in September 2020 so crew-center.com is very out of date and worthless.

Others in another thread about Enchanted Princess and Piraeus have provided a link to the what appears to be the official Port of Piraeus schedule and is therefore an authoritative source. 

Thank you; I understand the definition of "hearsay". I must be gullible when it says that this is the schedule for 2021. Even so, the heart of the matter is: the schedules do not match the Princess website and that alone is the entire point.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nini said:

Thank you; I understand the definition of "hearsay". I must be gullible when it says that this is the schedule for 2021. Even so, the heart of the matter is: the schedules do not match the Princess website and that alone is the entire point.

If you're talking about how the current official Piraeus port schedule does not match what Princess has published, I agree with you (and we're booked on Enchanted Princess for mid-October so this is a matter of interest to us) as both are authoritative sources and they are in conflict. As for what crew-center.com says, I don't care as they are not and never have been an authoritative source for cruise schedules. Their data is worth what you paid for it.

3 hours ago, nini said:

Nini, here is the link you provided.  If you read the small print it says submitted Oct 2020.  A lot has changed since then.

• You are here:
  • Home

Piraeus, Greece Cruise Port Schedule 2021

Submitted by kgnadmin on 16 October, 2020 - 10:26
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

What they don't seem to break down is the number who caught the virus before two+ weeks passed since second vaccination.  A person is not protected to the max level until at least a couple of weeks has passed since the second dose.

This article reports on fully vaccinated people who died of Covid.

The Illinois Department of Public Health has so far reported 32 deaths due to COVID-19 or related complications among fully vaccinated residents since Jan. 1

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/coronavirus/after-fully-vaccinated-father-dies-of-covid-19-family-hopes-story-raises-awareness/2500933/

8 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

Here again is the official website for the Port of Piraeus, (Athens) Greece in English.

https://www.olp.gr/en/

Click on Cruise ... there is a download in PDF or EXCEL dated today.

Anyone interested can check for themselves.

This is compelling proof as the timetable includes Celebrity Apex and the Seabourn Ovation departures that were recently announced changes.

On 5/2/2021 at 11:09 AM, nini said:

Thank you all...

What I DO KNOW, is that our ship is departing out of Athens and NOT Rome. This is not the Princess itinerary! It is in black and white on the port schedules. And the itinerary from the Athens port is not what we wanted.

So, if booking EZAir through Princess, this puts us landing in Rome, NOT Athens! And then what about hotel reservations? It is now 4 months before departure. And YES, I realize that thousands of other cruisers are barely weeks, if not days before final payments on numerous cruises.

And yes, I truly know that the cruise line can change all kinds of things. Recently, the ship for a different booked cruise was changed, as well as a deleted port with a substitution. However, this is over one year before the cruise itself.

I CAN HANDLE THE TRUTH! I just want it to be offered.

If booking EZAIR does the insurance guarantee still getting you to the ship on time? If booked hotel through PCL is the PVP responsible for making the correction? FWIW I understand your frustration. I'd be fine with either embarkation point but would want to know too

18 hours ago, NavArch64 said:

Here again is the official website for the Port of Piraeus, (Athens) Greece in English.

https://www.olp.gr/en/

Click on Cruise ... there is a download in PDF or EXCEL dated today.

Anyone interested can check for themselves.

Thank you.

And as Esprit said:

"This is compelling proof as the timetable includes Celebrity Apex and the Seabourn Ovation departures that were recently announced changes."

Ombud- Those are really good questions. I am sure nobody really wants to experience the stress of,

"Oh, we are flying to the wrong port with hotel reservations that will not work but Princess will take care of it". Cruisers select itineraries for a reason. Much time, effort, and expense is invested into the making the arrangements.

Per the official Piraeus/ Athens port site, the Enchanted Princess is there on the following dates, none of which match the Princess site in which Piraeus/ Athens is on the itineraries.

July 4, 11, 18, 25

August 1,8,15, 22, 29

September 5, 12, 19, 26

October 10, 17, 24, 31

November 14

On the Princess website, the Enchanted is in Piraeus/ Athens on:

October 16 for October 2 and 13 itineraries

November 9 for a November 4 itinerary

On November 15, the Enchanted departs from Barcelona for a TA

7 hours ago, nini said:

Ombud- Those are really good questions. I am sure nobody really wants to experience the stress of,

"Oh, we are flying to the wrong port with hotel reservations that will not work but Princess will take care of it". Cruisers select itineraries for a reason. Much time, effort, and expense is invested into the making the arrangements.

FWIW I pick my embarkation point because (if it's not in USA) I like to explore the city before cruising. I would love to explore Rome for a week. But Athens for 2 days.

*I wish CC would give us an 'I agree' button. I wouldn't 'like' not knowing my embarkation port

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

FWIW I pick my embarkation point because (if it's not in USA) I like to explore the city before cruising. I would love to explore Rome for a week. But Athens for 2 days.

*I wish CC would give us an 'I agree' button. I wouldn't 'like' not knowing my embarkation port

We are with you on exploring Rome! That is why we chose this itinerary. My DS and BIL have never been to Europe and their main interest is Rome/ Italy. That is pretty tough to do pre-cruise or post cruise when the cruise does not begin or end in Rome.

According to a similar thread, the listings for the Enchanted have been removed from the official Piraeus/ Athens port. And the Enchanted cruises for the Mediterranean on the Princess website are "Currently Unavailable".

IMHO, our voiced concerns have been heard at Princess and Princess is doing proper updating before these itineraries begin.

• Thanks 1