Dine My Way - new MedallionClass enhancement

dides

10 minutes ago, pkpon said:

I was originally booked for the 7.15 traditional sitting on my Sky Princess cruise for next year. When the dining options  first went live I could only get 7.40 for every night. Then it was saying I could not book dining until the full balance was paid.

I spoke to my TA yesterday and she said that Princess were  attempting to honour as close to your original traditional dining time as possible. Now the app is showing my dining is at 7.20 every night except for the first night at 7.40. So happy camper now. Just hope it stays that way

You may be happy with the time for dinner, but you do not have traditional dining as you knew it - based on your report above.  Simply by fact of different times, not likely same table at all.  No way to know for sure until you get on board.  There is no way to know how the App is assigning tables.  I suspect still a lot of work left to the MD on each ship to organize the dining.

1 hour ago, pkpon said:

I was originally booked for the 7.15 traditional sitting on my Sky Princess cruise for next year. When the dining options  first went live I could only get 7.40 for every night. Then it was saying I could not book dining until the full balance was paid.

I spoke to my TA yesterday and she said that Princess were  attempting to honour as close to your original traditional dining time as possible. Now the app is showing my dining is at 7.20 every night except for the first night at 7.40. So happy camper now. Just hope it stays that way

Basically, you have Anytime Dining, but at the same time every night, except the first night. 

I am a bit confused. On the Princess website it says that if you book the same time for dinner every night  you will have the same table and waiters. Is that not more like traditional dining.

9 minutes ago, pkpon said:

I am a bit confused. On the Princess website it says that if you book the same time for dinner every night  you will have the same table and waiters. Is that not more like traditional dining.

The Dine my Way web page says that if you select the same time each night, you will get the same wait staff. That's fine if you want a two top, but many people like to share a table with the same people every night, so as to develop friendships over the cruise. I'm not sure that is possible with the new system - if you request a table for 8, will your guests be the same ones each night? 

3 hours ago, pkpon said:

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

The Dine my Way web page says that if you select the same time each night, you will get the same wait staff. That's fine if you want a two top, but many people like to share a table with the same people every night, so as to develop friendships over the cruise. I'm not sure that is possible with the new system - if you request a table for 8, will your guests be the same ones each night? 

The promises of DMW in the marketing - both on website and verbally (e.g. John Chernesky) have not all been realized in what has been delivered to far on the app.

Anyone who books for same time each night and gets varying table sizes or DR locations assigned by the system cannot be having the same wait-staff each night.  There is also no way to know that when assigned to a table larger than your dining party, who else is assigned to that table and if it is the same people each night.  For all we know, you could be paired up with some AT diners and not more TD diners.  Based on the behaviors of DMW, I have no faith they have executed much of the TD experience as it has been known.  

It appears to be more like AT experience, but with advance reservations. 

I know I have posted this multiple times, but bears repeating so folks can feedback to Princess as a chorus.  They have to provide a table-size choice, along with party size in order to provide the same TD experience as some folks wish to dine alone and others wish to meet others.  Another aspect of TD is the same table-mates for the voyage (subject to someone changing arrangement on board).  This is going to be left to the MD's to sort out on-board as I predict they will be handed a mess.  Or, it could be that DMW isn't actually assigning people to specific table numbers and purposely leaving that to the MD's.  Finally, unless you are at the same table each night - or at one of the small group served by same wait-staff - your waiters are going to change like can happen each night with AT.  Lots of folks like the comfort and convenience of same wait-staff who learn preferences easily and make the dining experience run smoother. 

It doesn't breed confidence in DMW when you see you are assigned to a DR that has been 100% AT forever when you booked the same time each night.  That said, DMW is likely interpreting various time selections as AT style - and that makes sense.  But, Princess via the DMW app and literature is not telling customers what the TD windows are for Early & Late.  It seems unless picking the very earliest time, it thinks you are AT.  Also, there is an entire DR excluded from many voyages - if not all far out future ones, based on posts here.  

I think the MD's are going to get the DMW data and have to interpret what people really wanted and then it's going to be a long line at embarkation to sort it all out.  At the very least, they need to get table-size option added quickly and then - IMO - they should erase all DMW bookings and have people start over again.

• Like 1

So I finally got the Medallion Appl. to work.Question on Dine My way. I selected the time and dining room and time appeared. How do I know it is saved because I don't see appearing anywhere when I go  back into  my cruise. Asks me to select when I go into Dine my way. Till I even found it. First I went into preferences and it was for food allergies etc. had to scroll through everything until I found Dine my way. 

This is by far the worst program ever.So question, where on the appl. is dining saved so I know it actually is saved?

41 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

So I finally got the Medallion Appl. to work.Question on Dine My way. I selected the time and dining room and time appeared. How do I know it is saved because I don't see appearing anywhere when I go  back into  my cruise. Asks me to select when I go into Dine my way. Till I even found it. First I went into preferences and it was for food allergies etc. had to scroll through everything until I found Dine my way. 

This is by far the worst program ever.So question, where on the appl. is dining saved so I know it actually is saved?

Under the second DMW option is the way I can view my dining reservations.

C303A1DE-4084-466C-B100-59BF2E951C37.jpeg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Thanks Frank, This worked and I found my reservation. it was what I wanted, same time each night, same dining room.

You’re welcome Gloria…we also made our DMW reservations & hopefully soon other MC app functions will work on your new Android phone. 🤞

Edited by Astro Flyer

To Steelers36 and other Traditionalists. I finally see the differences you list for Traditional, interestingly the fact that we would have the same table mates each evening was a reason we would not like TD. Also the time slots for TD did not suit us. We like sharing, meeting new people etc. and would be concerned we would be at a table and not like other table mates. I do take your points and see that they are important to TD. However I feel properly functioning DMW can implement what most people want in a more efficient use of dining rooms. I also foresee the ability to duplicate TD with same new table mates each evening and same wait staff.

So I uninstalled my medallion app a short time ago and down loaded medallion app again. Now the Dine my way works but...there are only two in my party but keeps putting us at a 4 top and there does not appear to be a way to change this. Any suggestions? Im inclined to just keep it as it least it is at our preferable times. Maybe it means all of the 2 tops have been taken during those times?  

44 minutes ago, Prometheus1 said:

So I uninstalled my medallion app a short time ago and down loaded medallion app again. Now the Dine my way works but...there are only two in my party but keeps putting us at a 4 top and there does not appear to be a way to change this. Any suggestions? Im inclined to just keep it as it least it is at our preferable times. Maybe it means all of the 2 tops have been taken during those times?  

Yes. Because they systematically applied all the 2 tops to those who got the app to work for them earlier. Whether they want a 2 top or not. 🥵

• Like 1

Sorry, I know I may have said this before, but if everybody stopped trying to reserve tables 18 months in advance, and just turned up at the MDR each night, at a time of their choosing,  and asked for a table size that they required, there would be no problem. 

Princess are trying to force people to use the DMW app in order to save money.

I'm somewhat surprised that so many posters on here are spending hours trying to book dining times, when they could just turn up at the MDR on the night. 

Remember, you are the guest - don't let Princess make you do all the work for them.

• Like 2

It sounds interesting.... Marketing people are on the loose

But a can't see any real advantage to us.....  you wander into Club Class, after some pre-dinner drinks and nibbles, when you are ready get a table have dinner...

( and if you wish to go to show that evening, tell the wait staff... pretty simple.).

The only Time governed thing about dinner is if you are going to say the Crown Grill or the like...

otherwise you get there when you get there......  relaxing as a cruise should be....

So we all ready Dine our way....

Edited by getting older slowly

13 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

It sounds interesting.... Marketing people are on the loose

But a can't see any real advantage to us.....  you wander into Club Class, after some pre-dinner drinks and nibbles, when you are ready get a table have dinner...

( and if you wish to go to show that evening, tell the wait staff... pretty simple.).

The only Time governed thing about dinner is if you are going to say the Crown Grill or the like...

otherwise you get there when you get there......  relaxing as a cruise should be....

So we all ready Dine our way....

All good and well if you have a Club Class Mini or a Suite.  The rest of us have to deal with obtaining a table either by walking up and perhaps waiting, or by reserving in advance.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, I know I may have said this before, but if everybody stopped trying to reserve tables 18 months in advance, and just turned up at the MDR each night, at a time of their choosing,  and asked for a table size that they required, there would be no problem. 

Princess are trying to force people to use the DMW app in order to save money.

I'm somewhat surprised that so many posters on here are spending hours trying to book dining times, when they could just turn up at the MDR on the night. 

Remember, you are the guest - don't let Princess make you do all the work for them.

We'll have to see if it saves them any money.  So far, it looks like a lot more work for the MD to setup and fix table assignments.

7 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

Yes, the 2-tops are gone - at least the ones they released into DMW inventory.  From my personal observation and other reports on CC, it is evident that, at least for several voyages in 2022 - if not all - they did not release all DR inventory.  Furthermore, they totally ignored any table-size preferences in Personalizer and simply assigned each cabin to a 2-top and then moved on to 4-tops once all 2-tops were filled.

On Royal Caribbean’s Symphony (with 6,000 passengers) at the entrance of the dining room, there was a desk for reservations and a desk for walk up.

Princess have that for their dining rooms.

Edited by phabric

6 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Yes. Because they systematically applied all the 2 tops to those who got the app to work for them earlier. Whether they want a 2 top or not. 🥵

Technically, they default assigned all bookings with TD to tables - no regard to whether you app works or not.  Once app works for you, you just discover what they did.  Not clear to me if they assigned times to those who selected AT in Personalizer.  Would be dumb if they did that. 

IMO, they should fix DMW and then delete all reservations and start over as not sure how else they can fix it properly - other than on board.

8 hours ago, Tedferg said:

To Steelers36 and other Traditionalists. I finally see the differences you list for Traditional, interestingly the fact that we would have the same table mates each evening was a reason we would not like TD. Also the time slots for TD did not suit us. We like sharing, meeting new people etc. and would be concerned we would be at a table and not like other table mates. I do take your points and see that they are important to TD. However I feel properly functioning DMW can implement what most people want in a more efficient use of dining rooms. I also foresee the ability to duplicate TD with same new table mates each evening and same wait staff.

IF we wanted a larger table than our group, I would be happy with the same folks each night in the other seats, assuming we "clicked".  Otherwise, I would want a change-up.  But this is something you can never know.  It's luck of the draw.  Anyway, most of our recent voyages are with close friends and we always get a 4-top together. 

Your are correct - if it is properly functioning, it would be good.  They have to add an option to select table size. 

I think DMW replicates AT dining with a new feature of advance reservations.  If that was all that was promised, fine.  As it is now, they have to work on TD.

17 hours ago, Prometheus1 said:

There is a secret head waiter out there waiting to solve your and a 1,000 other dining issues once on board. 

OK, when we booked our Cruise on the Enchanted for 2022 we requested Traditional, Late Seating, Table for 2. (as always). If I View my dining in the app it shows us in the Capri Dining Room, 2 People, 7:20PM for each night of the cruise. Hoping this is what we requested. Were told that if you had Traditional dining when they moved to the app that those dining times (fully paid or Platinum and above) would automatically move over. Of course we will (as always) double check once on board and also check the table location to make sure it is a table for 2. Like the same time and same staff each night that is why we requested Traditional. Would have done Club Class but all sold out.

Hi all. I have a couple of questions.   We currently have a few cruises scheduled in early 2022. I had booked these originally with early traditional dining.  I am concerned this won’t be honored so tried yo schedule in the app. I keep getting a table for 4.   How do I request a table for two?     Also. I am accessing the first cruise I have. How do I access my subsequent cruises?  Thanks!!